Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Acid reflux remedy

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Depending upon your specific risk factors (family history, alcohol or tobacco use, certain medications) the treatment varies from "triple antibiotic therapy" to H2 and/or COX inhibitors. Importantly those patients whom suffer from years of GERD are predisposed to "Barrett's Esophagus" a premalignant condition, to frank carcinoma!

Therefore if conventional medical therapy fails to improve your symptoms an EGD is warranted.

Can't really say much more unless you choose to elaborate further.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
To expand a little on the post I made above...

Fermented foods are known to be great for gut health, the ACV is fermented and the fresh lemon being alkalising for the body (acidic to eat/drink but once metabolised is leaves an alkaline ash residue in the body), I would ideally drink if first thing in the morning as it has the ability to boost the metabolism as well which isn't a bad thing.
If you have any pure aloe vera juice you could also throw in 20-30ml as aloe is another thing that's beneficial for digestion. Good for bloating, soothing the lining of the stomach and helps the body to digest proteins. It can help with the repair and regeneration of epithelial tissue in the digestive system leading to better absorption and utilisation of nutrients as well as assisting the natural cleaning of the intestines.

Digestive enzymes can also be useful, they have a host of benefits including things like reducing inflammation, bloating and flatulence (common among the BB'ers I have worked with haha), indigestion, food allergies and/or intolerance and pancreatic insufficiency (the inability for the pancreas to secrete enough enzymes into the duodenum). If you can get hold of a good quality one then it should contain the specific enzymes required to break to the food down into their component parts (carbohydrates/proteins/fats) for optimal absorption and utilisation.

Although highly unlikely, major
reductions in inflammation has the possibility of having an impact on the white blood cells (they release phagocytes which consume the damaged cells ~ less inflammation would cause the phagocytosis to be reduced); because your WBC helps to run things like immunity/activation of T cells and helps control vasodilation of blood vessels (due to release of histamine) there may be a chance that the mechanisms and/or process of muscle growth could be affected. However, the notion of decreasing inflammation to the point of interfering with muscle growth is something I wouldn't be overly concerned with if you are simply using OTC supplements.

Just my 2c of course MF.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Some times when I take high doses of gear I get acid reflux badly.. I can take regular heartburn /acid reflux meds all day and it wont have much positive effect on treating the symptoms.
The Med that does work and by far and away is the best IMO is Omeprazole.
Theres a number of different brand names for it . The one I get from the local pharmacy is called Losec

Omeprazole.jpg
Omeprazole is one of the most widely prescribed drugs internationally and is available over the counter in some countries.
It is on the World Health Organisation's List of Essential Medicines,a list of the most important medications needed in a basic health system.

This shit works

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
I use omeprazole it's OTC and works great brother.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I was put on Prilosec a few years back. A friend told me about Crazy Water #4 and that the minerals acted similar to the GERD drugs. I tried and was off of Prilosec in less than 2 weeks and have been for 4 + years.
Id be interested in hearing about this crazy water

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Some times when I take high doses of gear I get acid reflux badly.. I can take regular heartburn /acid reflux meds all day and it wont have much positive effect on treating the symptoms.
The Med that does work and by far and away is the best IMO is Omeprazole.
Theres a number of different brand names for it . The one I get from the local pharmacy is called Losec

View attachment 6152
Omeprazole is one of the most widely prescribed drugs internationally and is available over the counter in some countries.
It is on the World Health Organisation's List of Essential Medicines,a list of the most important medications needed in a basic health system.

This shit works

ditto - me too - I thought I was just gettin old ! Any one note that more so if used the newer liquid orals over the old school pills? Lol
This is one in believe works best if you take throughout ? Proton pump inhibitors - Maalox just don't cut it.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Acid reflex often stems from (contrary to common beliefs) TOO little stomach acid! Fix: eat less and more often for a while.

I are cake for a month straight when I was on vacation last year, took two months for the reflux to go away.

Q

Queefer

Dec 13, 2011
Acid reflex often stems from (contrary to common beliefs) TOO little stomach acid! Fix: eat less and more often for a while.

I are cake for a month straight when I was on vacation last year, took two months for the reflux to go away.

Cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...sounds like a plan to me.

I use Aloe Vera juice for acid reflux.

B

BeauBody38

Jan 8, 2015
Avoid fatty and caffeinated foods and drinks.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
ACV is a great natural remedy. Brings your body back to alkaline balance. Works fast too...

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...sounds like a plan to me.

I use Aloe Vera juice for acid reflux.

Yeah man :)
Lemon water works great too, and HCL pepsin capsules.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic