Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

AC Joint!?

M

mustang_00

Jan 4, 2013
what are some dead giveaways that you f'd up your ac joint or acromioclavicular joint? Exercises/movements you CAN'T do?

I'm getting tenderness pain only when rubbing it, and a tolerable pinch when i flex my traps.

If i raise my arm up a wall and push into it (stretching) i can feel slight pain. i can bench (decline,flat,incline) flies, lat pulls front/back. with no pain at all. pull ups/push ups are pain free. side raises front raises shrugs are painless also. dead lifts, squats hurt only because i'm holding the bar behind my neck. doing them in the front even with the bar resting on my delt doesn't hurt. when taking my feet off the dip pads and holding my body weight up you can feel bad pressure in the ac. I have yet to do a rep of dips in fear of making a bad situation worse.

I posted on another thread the other day and pain/soreness was subsiding. I slept on the damn thing wrong and now it kinda throbs...

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
When I tore my Ac off, I couldn't lift my arm laterally
with any weight,without very obvious pain it even hurt
to put a shirt or coat on.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I've had problems there and it sounds like to (MO) that you just have some inflammation in there. Good idea to not do anything that will bother it. Take ibuprofen and use a combination of ice and heat. Like GreatGunz said if you torn it you would know it. Good luck

M

mustang_00

Jan 4, 2013
thanx guys!!! i'll keep up with the ice and apply heat.

forgot to mention i found some "pendulum" exercises via google. pretty much lean forward and move your arms in tiny circles clockwise and counter clockwise and gradually increase the size of the circle. when i do that i have no pain. but you can hear clicking like a mofo. would your rotator give pain at the ac??

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I think it is probably inflammation as well. The supraspinitus feels like an ac issue when it is inflamed. You can also feel its referral pain from the deltoid into the tricep. I got PT for this, first though the inflammation has to go down, they have meds for that and ionphoresis to put the compound into the muscle. I thought it was a rotator cuff issue. the first reader of the MRI thought I needed surgery. A sports med doc cleared it up. I'm happy to say he was right.

I had the clicking too. Biceps tendon moving. As the inflammation and pain effect you your other muscles get pulled into during the work of the weakened ones. Relationships change. That cracking sound sorta thing occurs.

I hope this helps.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I think it is probably inflammation as well. The supraspinitus feels like an ac issue when it is inflamed. You can also feel its referral pain from the deltoid into the tricep. I got PT for this, first though the inflammation has to go down, they have meds for that and ionphoresis to put the compound into the muscle. I thought it was a rotator cuff issue. the first reader of the MRI thought I needed surgery. A sports med doc cleared it up. I'm happy to say he was right.

I had the clicking too. Biceps tendon moving. As the inflammation and pain effect you your other muscles get pulled into during the work of the weakened ones. Relationships change. That cracking sound sorta thing occurs.

I hope this helps.

M

mustang_00

Jan 4, 2013
heat/rest seemed to help. it still clicks with the pendulum movement. i tried the stretch i mentioned above again and i can't feel pain from it anymore.

thanx for the info marx!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic