Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

abs training frequency

F

fdny2pa

Apr 9, 2015
Train abs how many days per week? Im Currently training 5x/week what does your ab training routine look like?

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I don't really have an ab routine. Right now I lift Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday so I just do one exercise for strength after each workout. Things like weighted situps, planks, leg raises etc

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I try to train abs at least bi annually.

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
I hate abs, I feel them flex a lot when I'm struggling with that last squat and I sort of consider that enough.
This girl I work out with sometimes, you can't see them in even the best lighting, but that girl has some ABS. She does an abs circuit 3x a week:

Crunches (25 day 1 +25 each day)
Planks (60 seconds +10 seconds each day)
Sit-ups (25 day 1 +25 each day)
Russian Twists (30 day 1 +10 each day)
Crunches (25 day 1 +25 each day)
Planks (60 seconds +10 seconds each day)
Leg Raises (25-20-15)

I'm pretty sure I pulled an oblique the last time I did it with her, and I've yet to fully complete it.

This Summer I plan on doing abs and then I'll definitely be attempting this, I suggest you try it if you're looking for something because it hurts.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I used to work abs 5x per week. The last few years I haven't worked them at all. The difference in the way they look is negligible. Your time is better spent on diet and cardio.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
I do them 3 times a week directly. And often plank between sets on other days.

On training days they get 200 frontal reps and 100 oblique (each side) reps. 50 front abs will be weighted heavily and the rest are done as varied and quickly as possible. Obliques get light weight or body weight. I'm just keeping the sides pumped and the front abs a little built up for definition at higher body fats. Mostly keeps me walking tight and my posture up.

I do notice a difference from not training them to training them. It is worth it to me.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
I don't really have an ab routine. Right now I lift Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday so I just do one exercise for strength after each workout. Things like weighted situps, planks, leg raises etc
Me too. Getting a six-pack is mostly about diet, but I need strong abs to support heavy squats and especially deadlifts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic