Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

A longer moderate intensity cardio or HIIT training?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
ive tried both and although im sure HIIT may burn more in a shorter period of time, i feel much better with moderate cardio for an hr or so. and for me feeling better about it when its all said and done works best for ensuring i keep doing it. when it comes to cardio, its about what feels best for you.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I like to use both! I keep moderate cardio as a staple, and add sprints, often tabata style running occasionally, it helps if I'm feeling a slump, or a rut, or just sometimes I want to run, and prefer sprints ..... but I tend to stick to moderate for overall joint consideration, running makes them hurt

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I like to alternate the two depending where Im at during my training week, and what group of muscles Im working that day. The real key for me is consistence, regardless of what your doing cardio wise just make sure your getting it in. If you take care of the small things everything else will fall into place.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
because of my boxing for the most part I use HIIT. It's more important for me to be able to recover my cardio in short periods of time than to be able to run a marathon. Plus it's better at cutting the fat for me.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Strictly in a hiit vs moderate cardio I always opt for HIIT because of the obvious overall benefits it has over moderate or low intensity cardio.

However, both have their purpose and use and I like both.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
HIIT mostly because it requires that I focus on what I'm doing... I can't stand "zoning out" on a long run...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic