Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

60lb dumbbell curls

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
It took me off and on about a year. I focused on curls for the early part of the year, then towards the end I had a powerlifting competition planned. So I stopped dumbbell curls. I started thm again about a month after the meet.

I have been using the standing alternating dumbbell curls as an assistance exercise. So I always did barbbell curls first. So my arms were fatigued a little when I got to them.

I love dumbbell curls and seeing how much I can do.

I think it's fun.

Just take your time man and keep at it. You will be there before you know it.

What kinda rep scheme are you using?

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I think II is just mad because he still cant curl the 60's...

He hasnt figured out how to put them on the SMITH MACHINE yet!!! =))

LOL....

but really... warrior broke it down pretty good for you...

all in all... 60's really arent that much for a bigger guy...

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
^^^^bwahahahahaha.....where the **** are the Smith dumbells?!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I think II is just mad because he still cant curl the 60's...

He hasnt figured out how to put them on the SMITH MACHINE yet!!! =))

LOL....

but really... warrior broke it down pretty good for you...

all in all... 60's really arent that much for a bigger guy...

Don't use 60s when I do DB curls and don't care if I ever do again. I've already tore up my bicep tendons in past years and don't care to again.

Smith DBs FTW!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I'm with II on this one.

Guys worrying (or boasting) about how much they can curl, are like a guy gloating over how much weight he can use on leg extensions. Isolation movements are not the ones in which you should be pushing for max weight. Hell, when and if I ever do iso movements, I guarantee that I am often using less weight then many of the "newbs" in the gym. Sure, I could probably use a heavier ones, but it is not what I am trying to do.

Long story short......push to use heavier and heavier weight (while keeping good form) on your compound movements. Fight for those increases tooth and nail.

Dont treat isolation movements the same. Moving max weight (in a single joint movement) is not the main goal. That is the quick way to overuse injuries like tendinitis and even muscle tears.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Than use a movement that is a gauge of strength like squat, deadlift, or bench press.

Beat me to it...

Although there are still those PL meets where Curls are on the agenda. And there are some serious curlers out there. Its ****ed up to watch.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
hammer curls are the shit! power up on 4-5 sets of 6-8 reps on these bad boys and you will be stretching the measuring tape to its max in no time!!( dont forget your triceps if you want serious size) :)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Beat me to it...

Although there are still those PL meets where Curls are on the agenda. And there are some serious curlers out there. Its ****ed up to watch.

LOL, I knew I wasn't the only one thinking that.

I've heard of it but never seen it at any of the meets. I think they call it power curling or some shit.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
LOL, I knew I wasn't the only one thinking that.

I've heard of it but never seen it at any of the meets. I think they call it power curling or some shit.

That jackass loud mouth CT fletcher used to do them. There is a local gym that hosts them all the time too. I don't get it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That jackass loud mouth CT fletcher used to do them. There is a local gym that hosts them all the time too. I don't get it.

Yeah, I don't understand how people can be like CT Fletcher... he's so bad ass. **** That. He runs his mouth, has terrible form nowadays just look at his squat, and thinks he a badass. He was a good bencher but that's it and I wouldn't even call him great. Now, he's just a loud mouth who needs to shut the **** up.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah, I don't understand how people can be like CT Fletcher... he's so bad ass. **** That. He runs his mouth, has terrible form nowadays just look at his squat, and thinks he a badass. He was a good bencher but that's it and I wouldn't even call him great. Now, he's just a loud mouth who needs to shut the **** up.

Oh good it's not just me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic