Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

585x6 deadlift 203 lb bw

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Got the Okie deadlift bar today. Very happy! No grooves or discolorations. Machining looks very good. I did not pull out a dial indicator, but rotating it, it looks very straight. Knurl is VERY nice. Sharp and bite like. I cant imagine wanting any more then what is on here! Not even sure you would want chalk.

Cant wait to use it on Friday!!!

Here it is in the middle of some of my beater bars.
2014-09-29161922_zps46f3dd07.jpg

Close up of the knurl hard to see from this pic, but it feels like velcro. You hand actually sticks to it.
2014-09-29161939_zps0852a760.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Those okie bars are one of the best DL'ers. And you can't beat the price for em either.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Last installment on this one.......I am done pushing deads for a while and I will end with this new lifetime PR. It is not what it could have been, but it is what it is.... I'll explain

I know it feels silly to be disappointed, but I know I had more in me. I just could not reach down in myself and tap that power. You can see my lack of confidence in the way I stand at the bar and in my setup. I could not find a comfortable breath to push against. I just sat there a long time.

Truth is, I knew I was off. The past two weeks (and this third week) I could feel myself slipping downhill. That fire was out. I felt like I had to back off. But I wanted my PR. In the end, I got what I want, but I know if I had pulled 3 weeks ago, I had more in me. I just need to give myself a small break at this point.

It is a real good lesson to lean. Gains and progress are not indefinite. I learned a good amount of what it feels to ride a little groove in your training and then to peak and fall off. Never quite experienced it quite as pronounced. (but then again, I never really focused on one lift so much).

The vid speaks for itself. It is a clear demonstration of lack of confidence. I am timid on the initial pull, and the weight just sits there a while. Then after a bit, I gain more and more confidence. Eventually, I am like "fuk it! I can lift this!!" And it comes up easy. It looks almost silly when I watch it....but I know exactly why it went the way it did. Good learning experience and proof positive that the deadlift, more so than any other lift, requires you being in the right mindset for best performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
I was gettin stressed just watching that, I hate effin deadlifts, how bout some negatives there Mac lol jk. What amazed me most is your waist line, most guys I see pullin that weight have a belly. That was definitely a motivation check!!!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's my favorite deadlift bars out of the ones I've used. Love the bite and feel of it.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Great Pull! It's a max. It's not necessarily going to be pretty.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Did you bring the Okie bar to the gym with you?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I was gettin stressed just watching that, I hate effin deadlifts, how bout some negatives there Mac lol jk. What amazed me most is your waist line, most guys I see pullin that weight have a belly. That was definitely a motivation check!!!

Thanks man. Deads are one thing that leaning out did not really bother nearly as much as other lifts. I can tell the biggest difference on bench with squat following close. My deads,....well not nearly as much. I appreciate the props.....was a little disappointed as I know I have more then 650 in me.....just was not my day...

It's my favorite deadlift bars out of the ones I've used. Love the bite and feel of it.

I have only got to pull with it a few times and I really like it as well. It suits me well as coming off the ground is my weak spot. If I get it past mid shin, locking out is never an issue. I actually almost accelerate past that point.

I am guessing I need to work my lower portion a little more. Deficits possibly. Any pointers would be great.

Great Pull! It's a max. It's not necessarily going to be pretty.

Looked incredible!

Thanks guys!

Did you bring the Okie bar to the gym with you?

Yep....It is nice. The feel all around I like. I had not pulled mixed grip in 6 months. (you know I like my straps in training). Not that grip is ever an issue with me, but the knurl was very nice. I also like the smaller dia from a grip point as I have shorter fingers with big palms.

You can see the bar action pretty good in this screen cap I took. This is 605 on the bar.
deadlift_zps10aa71fa.jpg

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm going to actually throw deficits back into my training. It's just one of those love/hate lifts. I'm going to also add 80-100lbs of chain to the lift. I'm the same way. If if breaks the plane and starts moving... I'm finishing it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic