Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

5/3/1 training

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
How are your feet positioned? I find that if I keep them my toes pointed to the ground or your knees tucked in front of me it shifts the weights off your shoulders and much more on the tri's. If you have an adjustable parallel bar, the more narrow I feel is less stress on the shoulders. I heart dips.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
You can substitute anything for your assisting lifts in 5/3/1. It's all about the major lifts and the %'s used when training them. The assisting lifts are just that, they should ONLY assist in the big 4 (Wendler's Big 4).

thanks BOI, i am just trying to put together without chopping the hell out of it. and since wendler suggested the dip and said he is happy he can perform them without pain, and actually feels sorry for those of us who can't. just looking for a reasonable sub bro..compound wise.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Gonna agree with brother iron on this one.I do a modified version of 5/3/1 geared more toward strongman. The main lifts are what (and percentages) make it.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
as a compound aux. exercise mm. placed nowhere in particular.
Ditch it. Use accessory movements that hit the target muscle area, and focus on the main lift. You don't have to become awesome at accessory lifts.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I have a torn rotator in the left shoulder and my major arm injury on the right so I know what you mean OS. Sometimes I can dip with a 100lb DB in my weight belt and some days I can't do a BW dip, I know as soon as I do the first rep and if it's like that I move to something else as others here have suggested. I also seem to do better on a wide grip dip station, I love what dips do for me either leaning forward for the lower chest or straight up and down for the triceps it's a great move but if you can't do it do something else.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Gonna agree with brother iron on this one.I do a modified version of 5/3/1 geared more toward strongman. The main lifts are what (and percentages) make it.

thanks rr, i am going to follow the bodybuilding protocol regimen, so i was just trying to find a few suitable exercises.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I have a torn rotator in the left shoulder and my major arm injury on the right so I know what you mean OS. Sometimes I can dip with a 100lb DB in my weight belt and some days I can't do a BW dip, I know as soon as I do the first rep and if it's like that I move to something else as others here have suggested. I also seem to do better on a wide grip dip station, I love what dips do for me either leaning forward for the lower chest or straight up and down for the triceps it's a great move but if you can't do it do something else.

im gonna write up my program tomorrow halo, big but boring looks like the order of the day, thank you bro!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic