Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

405 rest/pause bench at 205bw

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
lots of strength but you look loose, pull shoulder blades together and dont let the elbows flare out so much and learn to use your legs, you have an easy 25+lbs just in technique,

JDub said it perfectly

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Very impressive and especially at your weight, awesome brother!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
BI beat me to it. get some decent shoes. Nice job. Whats with the T 111 paneling on the walls lol.

I have some Adidas power perfect 2's. I wear them when I squat. I will take the advice and try to learn some technique.

As for the gym, I love the place. It is a hole in the wall type place. I did most of my training at home alone for several years. This place you can walk in anytime and pay $2 and workout. They have a nice station to deadlift with a real DL bar. And you can do what you need to do without a bunch of people getting in the way.

Very nice lift bro!! I've never gotten four wheels before, and had always hoped I'd get it. I'm not pushing the heavy weights too much any more, so I'm likely gonna stay put in the 300s somewhere. Very nice work!

I probably don't pause quite that long when I lift heavy, but I sure do bring it down slowly like you did. Going any faster just seems like any easy way to injure yourself.

Thanks. Being 40, I am more cautious then I was in my 20's. All my lifts are like that now. I do everything slow and controlled. Injury prevention, while lifting as heavy as I can, are my main goals.

Tates vids are a good place to start but really I'd find someone who can walk you through it and watch your form. There's a huge laundry list of stuff to remember when learning to bench so it's best to start with the biggest problems and work from there. It's kind of like a golf swing you can't tell someone to fix 5 things at once and expect it to work. You have no issues with strength so it's time to focus on form. I like to start with the traps and work my way down when I'm teaching someone to bench but it's pretty hard to explain in detail on a forum. I'd learn to drive your traps into the bench, then how to lower the bar with your lats, then learn the bar path, how to tuck and your groove, then I'd learn how the hips come into play and then feet placement, then how to start the drive, flaring your elbows, the bar path again. After you get all that down you have to learn how each thing I mentioned effects the next. It's almost liking pushing dominos over if everything is set up correctly when you push the first one down everything after that comes down. Sorry to ramble on... it's almost impossible to explain in text.

Thanks Jdub. I will have to find some people that actually know what they are talking about. Until then, I will just have to read and try to teach myself. At some point I need to find a good gym, geared towards powerlifting. There is a good one, but it is almost 45min away. For me that is not going to work right now with my family commitments. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to begin working on it!

lots of strength but you look loose, pull shoulder blades together and dont let the elbows flare out so much and learn to use your legs, you have an easy 25+lbs just in technique,

JDub said it perfectly

Thanks. Yea....I did not even realize I pulled my foot up. I have some very basic concepts to learn.

Very impressive and especially at your weight, awesome brother!

Thanks man! And thank you for the support. Major respect.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Nice lift bro. Especially for just winging it. Cant wait to see what you put up once you get serious. Thanks for posting!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Great lift esp for your bodyweight:D

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Nice strength. As everyone already mentioned your form leaves a lot to be desired but would be competitive as it stands.

What helped me..love him or not is reading Ryan Kenneley's book. Then working with someone who is a big competitive bencher. Right from the get go..pulling in your shoulder blades...arching your back..driving with your legs and keeping your elbows in tighter will add more to your bench.

Keep up the hard work..it's paying off.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic