Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

2015 Hellcat Challenger & other Mopar Madness

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I read about these several months ago. My only issue with the Mopars is that they are fat pigs. It takes all of those horses to get them up to where some of the lighter, less hp cars are at. I love the look and styling though as well. Now, if we can get one for less than $70,000 :/

I have to say, I am still really happy with my Mustang. 420hp, 3500lbs, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and a quarter mile run of 12.6 ain't bad for an out the door price of $31,000

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
They look sharp. I agree though I'm happy with my ( baby version of yours ) mustang

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
That orange viper .... =P~

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
I read about these several months ago. My only issue with the Mopars is that they are fat pigs. It takes all of those horses to get them up to where some of the lighter, less hp cars are at. I love the look and styling though as well. Now, if we can get one for less than $70,000 :/

I have to say, I am still really happy with my Mustang. 420hp, 3500lbs, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and a quarter mile run of 12.6 ain't bad for an out the door price of $31,000

I love the Mustangs. My "fat pig" Charger ran a 12.70.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I love the Mustangs. My "fat pig" Charger ran a 12.70.

I have no idea what it is, but those Chargers actually run better than the Challengers. Is it gearing? Transmission? They have the same engine, and the Charger looks to be slightly heavier!

darnstrong

darnstrong

Nov 3, 2010
I am a car guy through and through, just take a look at my art and you will see this.. But i am and will always be a MUSTANG fan.. and the new 2015 is gonna be a game changer.. :)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I am a car guy through and through, just take a look at my art and you will see this.. But i am and will always be a MUSTANG fan.. and the new 2015 is gonna be a game changer.. :)

The 2015 mustangs put on several hundred lbs. I am not really happy about that. We are still not sure of what kind of hp they will be pushing, but many are estimating about 440-450, which it will need to make up for the difference in weight. I am excited to see them get away from the solid axle finally, but you have to admit, even with the solid axle, their track times were pretty good and you never would have guessed it.

I did see where Dodge came out with a Core SRT-8 Challenger. I think that is a great start. Most people just couldn't bring themselves to pay almost $50,000 for a muscle car. I think the Core brings the performance of the SRT-8's engine without the high price tag.

Anxious to also see the track times of the Hellcats.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012

I was a Mustang guy in the 80's. My first new car was a 1988 5.0 Mustang.

But they're not great cars if you have kids; especially if you have two 18 year old boys that are 6 feet tall and well over 200 lbs.

:)

For now my Charger SRT8 gives me a great family car that isn't boring to drive.

And if/when I get the 2015 with a 600+ horsepower Hellcat engine I'll be very happy.

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Agreed my back seat holds my purse and lunchbox ;)

darnstrong

darnstrong

Nov 3, 2010
I was a Mustang guy in the 80's. My first new car was a 1988 5.0 Mustang.

But they're not great cars if you have kids; especially if you have two 18 year old boys that are 6 feet tall and well over 200 lbs.

:)

For now my Charger SRT8 gives me a great family car that isn't boring to drive.

And if/when I get the 2015 with a 600+ horsepower Hellcat engine I'll be very happy.

I don't understand why folks say this, I currently own a 94 GT, and I have owned a 90 and 82 Notch, 85 GT, 94 and 95 GTs and I have never had issues with truck or leg room.. My daughters full size car seat fits perfect in the back seat.. if your a thousand feet tell I can see where it would be an issue.. LOL!..But for the avg guy/gal it's fine.. and you just can't beat the bang for the buck.. I have over 300 HP to the wheels, and a 5 spd.. and all for less then 7K..

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
If you can get two 18 year old boys that are 6' tall and over 200 plus an 11 year old boy in the back of a Mustang without at least one of them being asphyxiated then take a pic and I will applaud you.

Also if you can get those same kids and your wife in the Mustang and all their stuff for a week-long beach vacation in the trunk then you must be a wizard capable of bending the space-time continuum.

Lastly I am pretty sure I am putting about 370 to the wheels.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic