Members
Latest Member
pbtom

1280lb New All Time Squat Record?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
*LOL*, Tex...I did 450lb on bench in high school, twice...He did 800lb!...Are u kidding!...That is awesome, bro...Thanx for the vid!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Geared lifting. It’s a thing. Even with that said, and knowing that this video is obviously from the front....that squat is a mile high.

Curious of his bodyweight. I’d go 450ish.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I thought it was a bit high too, granted having a ton on your back is no picnic ever.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I thought it was a bit high too, granted having a ton on your back is no picnic ever.

My word, Monsoon!...I still can remember vividly pushing the 450...My muscles felt terrific (strength, that is),however, my joints, ligaments, and tendons felt like they were going to explode!...My buddies wanted me to go for the 500lb and I wouldn't do it out of fear of popping one of those items or breaking my wrist...My wrist also felt like it was going to shatter on the second rep!...

One of my friends did 600lb and I just couldn't fathom how he was able to do that without popping something...Granted, he did out weigh me by a good 100lbs...

Anyway, that is a lot of freaking weight (800lbs) to put on the bone, ligs, joints, and tendons in regards to benching....Extremely, impressive to say the least!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Definitely no picnic, no doubt. I’ve unracked 855 and held it, and I’ve walked 765 out and back in a few times. All raw with wraps. All in preparation to hit 700+ raw in competition. It taxed every part of my body, regardless of where a suit may help or not. I’ve also lifted in gear, enough to hate it for me personally.

Geared lifting has always been about pushing the limits. It’s “1/4mi in your garage built Mustang” vs “top fuel dragsters”. To each his or her own.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Definitely no picnic, no doubt. I’ve unracked 855 and held it, and I’ve walked 765 out and back in a few times. All raw with wraps. All in preparation to hit 700+ raw in competition. It taxed every part of my body, regardless of where a suit may help or not. I’ve also lifted in gear, enough to hate it for me personally.

Geared lifting has always been about pushing the limits. It’s “1/4mi in your garage built Mustang” vs “top fuel dragsters”. To each his or her own.

That's awesome numbers bro!...u're not llying are u?...with u not being honest in the cv thread, I'm just suspect?...tell me this is true and not a lie...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
That's awesome numbers bro!...u're not llying are u?...with u not being honest in the cv thread, I'm just suspect?...tell me this is true and not a lie...

Trolls gonna troll.

Can someone confirm that this is MindlessWorks?

MW, what institution have you been hiding in??!

M

moosemeat

Mar 20, 2020
liked that video..cool to see that much raw power....but I gotta admit I had to squint watchin that one...blew my r knee out at a much less 495 x 5 ..I felt a burn last rep in r knee, but it didn't hurt...so next set powwwww...bucket handle gone...thank god I had 2 spotters...ahhh the good ole days...lol..

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Nothing like avoiding a wheelchair for the rest of your life. Pretty exciting!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I remember my last full meet I did 825, 900 and 950. I had done 900 once in the gym but never 950. I was absolutely scared to death and knew I was going to die going 900 and it was easy. So I said what the hell. Got scare to death again and blew 950 up. I had to walk this out too. My feet felt like they were nailed to the floor and I could not even get my breath. My training partners asked me what it felt like. Hell, like I got put in a fucking trash compactor. You may not show panic and fear but I promise it is there.

Anthony Clark trained over 1000 most the time. I was spotting him from behind with 1000 and he passed out coming up out of the hole and the bar landed on my forearms and crashed to the floor. Anthony fell back on top of me.....all 360 lbs of him. Usually at those weights he had blood coming out of his nose. A few weeks later at the WPO in Daytona he dropped 900 warming up while I was the rear spotter.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Trolls gonna troll.

Can someone confirm that this is MindlessWorks?

MW, what institution have you been hiding in??!

Don't get your panties in a wad...I didn't say u WERE lying...Just asking.....Now, for do or did I reside in a institution, not yet *LOL*...However, bro, the reason I questioned u was because of this:

SAD
TID Board Of Directors Feb 3, 2011 3,125 1,311 Mar 9, 2020

I’ll say it.
If it fizzles out, then great.
If it doesn’t, it’s the population-reducing reckoning that the earth needs.
We’re overpopulated and better than ever at keeping people alive. I’m not a tree hugger but there’s limited space and resources on this earth. It’s a fact. Old and weak die off = better for everyone?

I’m not heartless. My dad has cancer and is high risk for mortality from basic infections. But he’s the one who taught me that sometimes you cull a herd for the betterment of the ranch.

100% hopeful that this gets shut down and figured out quickly and safely. I’m not hoping for worldwide catastrophe. I’m also a legit germaphobe, ironically.
Ok, I said it.

Mar 9, 2020

Lizard King said:

So you're saying California is welcoming this so they can fix the homeless situation @SAD

SAD Responded:

Oof. Hadn’t really given too much thought to the homeless, as bad as that sounds. And at the risk of sounding heartless again, it’s natural selection/Darwinism at work. Survival of the fittest, wealthiest, middle-ageist, strongest immune-system-iest…

Did u not say that u were a Christian?....Do Christians believe in Darwinism too?....Or did u lie?....just asking?...:)...Of perhaps, u might need to temporaily check in....;)

SAD
TID Board Of Directors

Feb 3, 2011 3,125 1,311

Yesterday at 8:05 PM

BackAtIt said:

Yep, I agree!...Most people I have talked to always think Christmas is in the bible and therefore, God must be backing it...On the contrary!...So, that's why I said that...I know it's NOT backed by God, obviously, yet just about every person professing to be a Christian approves of it...Again, nowhere in the bible does it promote the Christmas celebration, just like u said, it's man made, not commissioned by God...

And not to mention, the people (man) who made up Christmas, don't even have the date correct...Nobody knows when Christ was born...There are a lot of other details that are purported about his birth that are not accurate at all...Can't believe people get so caught up in the celebration...It's just a commercial holiday, nothing spiritual or scriptural about it...Money, Money, money...

So, again, that's why I said, "backed by God", because most Christians believe that it is based on the bible, therefore, backed by the God of the bible...A lot of non-Christians also believe this...

SAD Responded;

I believe in God. I know a lot of people who are Christians. Literally none of them are under the impression that God commissioned a holiday to celebrate his Son’s birthday. Zero.

Most of us have an IQ over 30.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic