Members
Latest Member
jacobss

1265 World Record Squat and a 3000lb Total

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

It's hard to tell depth from a front angle and is why center judges don't judge depth and he has real large legs.

He did lock his knees out and hope a side angle gets posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
That shit was AWESOME!!!!! What a BEAST!!!! That really is Human Potential in action right there!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I dont know about the eyes of the judges but he didnt seem low enough on the squat.Atleast from the middle judge it didnt look that way..If only i was on the side view .I give him an A for effort but i feel he didnt get low enough....Plus if u look at his total u can tell his deadlift is his weak point...If only he can bring that up to around 850 plus ...dw

Last edited:
chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Wow, that is incredible! I doubt I could roll 1265 across the floor, but like was mentioned...the front angle does not look deep at all...or atleast I thought that the top of the thigh need to be higher than the hip joint.

Hawk

DADAWG

DADAWG

Aug 14, 2011
Wow, that is incredible! I doubt I could roll 1265 across the floor, but like was mentioned...the front angle does not look deep at all...or atleast I thought that the top of the thigh need to be higher than the hip joint.

Hawk
when your that big the top of the thighs are WAY above the hip joint . the knee going below the hip joint is what i look at .

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
holy hell that is beyond belief! i though my goal of a 2000 pound total was heavy lol. would love to see a vid of this

why is his deadlift lower than his bench though? i thought most PLers pulled way more than they benched?

It depends on the guys build. A lot of SHW lifters have such thick legs that it's hard to pull without the weight getting out in front. Look at guys like Rob Wilkerson who squatted a grand RAW, benches over 6 raw, and pulls ~600... I saw him pull after he hit that 1000 squat and at lock out the bar was a good 6" in front of his shoulder joint..... Donnie HAS pulled over 800, but with how big he is he just pulls raw, and pulls whatever he has to for the win ( as per a PLUSA interview)

As for depth.... I have seen the SPF give looser judging than the APF meets I usually lift in, but I would hesitate to question this squat for two reasons:
1) I've hit squats in meets that had very good, very strict judges and in some videos they looked deep as hell, but in others they looked 2" high... the video messes with your perception of depth
2) Donnie weighed in at 390 ( supposedly)... you can't ever call depth from the front. No decent head judge will throw a light for depth. Add that to Donnie's size and there's no way you can see past his thighs to judge where his hips are. So, you just have to trust the trained judges who were there.

and PillarofBrilliance: I assumed the same about top lifters using million ply super special shirts until I was able to start training with a few guys who are widely considered in the top 10 benchers in the world.... I've seen 1000# board presses done in regular 2-ply shirts..... guys who put up these numbers are just freaks....

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
It depends on the guys build. A lot of SHW lifters have such thick legs that it's hard to pull without the weight getting out in front. Look at guys like Rob Wilkerson who squatted a grand RAW, benches over 6 raw, and pulls ~600... I saw him pull after he hit that 1000 squat and at lock out the bar was a good 6" in front of his shoulder joint..... Donnie HAS pulled over 800, but with how big he is he just pulls raw, and pulls whatever he has to for the win ( as per a PLUSA interview)

As for depth.... I have seen the SPF give looser judging than the APF meets I usually lift in, but I would hesitate to question this squat for two reasons:
1) I've hit squats in meets that had very good, very strict judges and in some videos they looked deep as hell, but in others they looked 2" high... the video messes with your perception of depth
2) Donnie weighed in at 390 ( supposedly)... you can't ever call depth from the front. No decent head judge will throw a light for depth. Add that to Donnie's size and there's no way you can see past his thighs to judge where his hips are. So, you just have to trust the trained judges who were there.

and PillarofBrilliance: I assumed the same about top lifters using million ply super special shirts until I was able to start training with a few guys who are widely considered in the top 10 benchers in the world.... I've seen 1000# board presses done in regular 2-ply shirts..... guys who put up these numbers are just freaks....

I agree and plus lifting in gear is harder which makes it funner.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic