Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Whole Eggs and Meat protien are my staple

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
- I hate that people eat egg whites even more than Adjos hates peanut butter LMAO, The man who actually trained Arnold when he first came to this country , VInce Gironda agrees- I got this today:

Screw vegetarianism, Old Time Guro, Arnold Trainer- Vince Gironda agrees:

My routine for the last 25 years has not varied. When I get up, my high fat jump-starter is four or five eggs, depending on how hungry I am. Eggs don’t cause heart attacks. Some people take the yolk from the egg and eat just the egg white, but that’s wrong. Eggs are whole food, the greatest food you can eat. It closely matches the human anatomy. Eggs are the finest protein, along with liver and raw milk. That’s been proven over and over. They have the highest PER (protein efficiency ratio) rating.
Sugars and starches cause heart attacks. The average American diet includes pancakes, ice cream, cookies, pies, cakes, candies, pretzels, doughnuts, pizzas, slurpies, Pop Tarts, Sugar Frosted Flakes, bologna sandwiches, bagels and pastas. White-flour bagels and pastas are garbage! Then you have all the useless fast foods! But the egg is a perfect food. You see, God is the greatest chemist in the world. He created the egg. A drug company created the medical doctor, and all medical doctors do is write prescriptions. Nothing more, nothing less. They tell you what is wrong with you and then write a prescription for a dangerous synthetic drug!
If you separate the white and yolk of the egg, you get an isolated protein. Any time you separate the white and the yolk of an egg, you get an isolated protein. Any time you separate protein from fat you’re left with an incomplete food. The manufacturers of protein powders tell you to mix them with juice or water. Well, let me tell you, folks – you can’t digest protein without fat. When you swallow an egg white, it goes into your stomach and your stomach says, “Hey, where’s the fat?” The white, which is protein, has no vehicle for conversion, so it’s converted to sugar.
The same thing happens when you use protein powder. They say to mix with juice or water because they’re made of ionized whey protein, which is the skim of cottage cheese. It’s not biologically superior to eggs, liver and milk. These powders make you feel good because they’re carbohydrated sugar. Sure you’re going to put on weight, but it’s not going to be muscle weight.
You cannot digest protein without fat…
and it must be digested to be converted to amino acids. Once it’s digested it goes through the liver and is converted to amino acids. If it’s not digested the liver can’t do its job. If eggs or fat cause heart attacks, I want someone to tell me how my grandmother and grandfather, who were both muscular people with beautiful skin, lived on a farm, consumed raw milk, natural eggs pork sausage and butter (my grandfather died two months shy of his 98th birthday, and my grandmother died when she was 101.
An Indian who worked for my grandfather for food and shelter would eat only meat. We kids on the farm used to give pears, peaches and apples, and he’d say, “Oh, you kids crazy!” He wanted meat. Grandma and Grandma would butcher a hog or a steer and put it in the cellar (the cellar was like a fridge back then), and he would go down into the cellar and eat meat. Meat was all he would eat, and I mean the whole animal. So how did this man live to be 113 on a high-fat, high-protein diet? I’d like a medical doctor or so-called dietician to explain that.

Last edited:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i was raised on home grown meat and my dad ate it raw all the time. when i was younger i did the same, now i like it slightly browned on the outside :D i am a firm believer in meat and eggs and such things that nature produced and God said to eat! while i have consumed large amounts of egg whites only, i have nothing against the whole egg and eat atleast 2 whole eggs every morning. the egg whites only are used because i am an easy keeper and i figure it is a great source of protien without the added fat during the rest of the day. way better than a protien bar or shake!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Does anyone else want to pick out the errors in logic or terminology here so I don't have to, I mean really? I'm all for whole eggs and I've been pretty clear that I agree with that but claiming you must eat fat with protein and that "Once it’s digested it goes through the liver and is converted to amino acids" when in fact the stomach starts digestion by HCL, it continues by the conversion of pepsinogen to pepsin which breaks specific bonds, food then moves into the small intestine at that time the pancreas secretes trypsin and chymotrypsin to finish hydrolysis and the aminos then absorbed via the capillaries taken through the liver and into the bloodstream. Not sure where his argument for fat comes in, though I do think it is needed for several metabolic processes dietary fat does not need consumed in the same meal as protein for protein to be digested.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Does anyone else want to pick out the errors in logic or terminology here so I don't have to, I mean really? I'm all for whole eggs and I've been pretty clear that I agree with that but claiming you must eat fat with protein and that "Once it’s digested it goes through the liver and is converted to amino acids" when in fact the stomach starts digestion by HCL, it continues by the conversion of pepsinogen to pepsin which breaks specific bonds, food then moves into the small intestine at that time the pancreas secretes trypsin and chymotrypsin to finish hydrolysis and the aminos then absorbed via the capillaries taken through the liver and into the bloodstream. Not sure where his argument for fat comes in, though I do think it is needed for several metabolic processes dietary fat does not need consumed in the same meal as protein for protein to be digested.

Hey I love VG, but yes its a forum so I want to learn if you got some info that teaches me- and while we are on the topic- Id love to hear your viewpoints as well- :)

My love for his radical opinions is that I just hate the whole idea of vegatarianism and egg white are better - Theres no logical reason to use egg white ever- unless of course you hate the taste- but the yolk has been shown to be given a bad rap, and I belive that it is the healthy part of the egg for us bodybuilders- DOWN WITH EGG WHITES BLAH BLAH BLAH o:) I DO AGREE AND BELIEVE THAT IT IS SOMEWHERE THAT THE OLD THEORIES ARE OUTDATED AND YOU DO MISS OUT ON SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL AMINOS ON WHITES- WHITE ARE FOR SCRAWNY PEOPLE- MY TEACHER USED TO SAY ,"FAIRIES" BUT THEN AGAIN HE WAS 7 FEET TALL LOL- BIG BOYS EAT ALL THEIR EGGS WHOLE. I HAVE SCRAMMBLED EGGS EVERY SINGLE MORNING- I WOULD NEVER STOOP TO BUT PACKAGED EGG WHITE- WAY WAY TOO EXPENSIVE FOR NO BENEFITS- EVEN IF YOU ARE PRECONTEST- YOU GOT FATTY ACIDS AND PROTIENS - Honeslty for the life of me I cant see why anyone would waste their money on whites or their time separateing them- maybe the separating burns more calories LOL .

Im sure you are familiar with Vince Gironda? He was radical- I dont agree with many of his principles, but I do think he was ahead of his time and I love reading his stuff.I hated his 8 by 8 routine, I like his theory of carrot shaped thighs by doing your legs wrong, but I wouldnt ever give up squatting- Deads and Squats for power and size all over.. Just like someone like Dan Duchaine- I love reading his theories but I dont agree with most.
That Roberts guy ....ahem ahem - Ill keep the ugly out of this post LOL

Plus Ill tell ya wha my ole pappy used to say,"opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one "

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've had egg whites in the fridge, but they generally go bad. Not because I don't think they are good for me or anything like that, but because I can't figure out a way to cook them that tastes better than whole eggs. I'm a huge fan of whole eggs and eat 6-10 a day. Google "the incredible edible egg yolk" for more information on how good the yolk is for you. That being said, egg whites can be used effectively as well and I have nothing against them. They would be a much better option for post workout protein than whole eggs. VG is wrong about fat being necessary to digest protein. If that were true, lean chicken breasts and tuna, etc, would be useless, and we all know they are not.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
JUst curious why would they be better post workout than whole? The yolks are a better more complete protien- Personally I agree with NUT about the fat thing- but eggs have fatty acids that are good for other reasons- I think before your white go bad, just mix them with the whole eggs for taste, then just stick to whole eggs- Seriously there is no real reason bodybuilding wise to eat whites- Fatty acids are building blocks of hormones, help burn fat- people think tat hey need whites to lose when- I dont think so- many over starve themselves because they dotn eat enough fat- Going back to the Late Vince Gironda way back in the 50s he was ahead of his time- while many of us disagree with why the fats are needed- there is no doubt that they have a vital role in fat burning- so maybe he was onto that but back then they barely knew half the shit we all know here today- He is that you in avitar? Do your parents know that you are on the forums LMAO - Sheesh imagine that kid in a few years- I want to see that kid when he hits 20

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Egg whites would be better post workout because they don't have the fats to slow down digestion, and therefore utilization, of the amino acids. I agree that fats are 100% necessary for healthy living, hell, for survival. But you don't need fats with every meal, and there are times when you don't want fats, like post workout. Are egg whites necessary for bodybuilding? No. But then neither are whole eggs. Can they both be used and be helpful for bodybuilding/powerlifting purposes? Hell yeah.

And that kid is older now and still looks freaky.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I disagree they are necesary for bodybuilding- whole eggs are one of the most complete protien sources. I totally disagree with the idea that white are better for any reason- they are NOT as high in all the nutrients - that reason alone makes them a poor poor choice- secondly- they are FOOD- they rate of digestion is so insignificant it has no place in this chat LMAO both parts of the same food- No offense to you but I have seen many post where people place way way too much thought into trivial notions like this. If you are that concerned over the speed of assimilation then you really need to get some powdered whey or granulated aminos. The rate in which yolks and whits get digested is barely significant, to even argue it is absurd- really.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
PWO whey is better than eggs anyway just for the simple fact that it's digested faster. BCAAs maybe even better but given the price difference even if they are better they won't be that much better to justify the cost. Eggs would be a fine choice for the meal which usually follows the shake rather closely but at that point I'd go whole egg. I like whole eggs. Egg whites are good for keeping cals down during contest prep but I do think too many people outright fear the yolk.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
From seeing many charts like the one below, I can tell you that most have figures near the ones shown. The common thread is that whole eggs are more bioavailable than egg whites by as much as 15%. I am a strong believer in fats to aid digestion, especially at certain parts of the day.

bioavailability-understanding-protein-absorption-chart.jpg

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I disagree they are necesary for bodybuilding- whole eggs are one of the most complete protien sources. I totally disagree with the idea that white are better for any reason- they are NOT as high in all the nutrients - that reason alone makes them a poor poor choice- secondly- they are FOOD- they rate of digestion is so insignificant it has no place in this chat LMAO both parts of the same food- No offense to you but I have seen many post where people place way way too much thought into trivial notions like this. If you are that concerned over the speed of assimilation then you really need to get some powdered whey or granulated aminos. The rate in which yolks and whits get digested is barely significant, to even argue it is absurd- really.

Wasn't it you that posted that opinions are like assholes......?

Arguing absorption time is not absurd ketsugo. I never said that egg whites are the best thing to have post workout. I stated that I don't even use egg whites. My post workout shake is 15g BCAAs with 30g hydrolyzed whey. I was just stating that a time where egg whites would be better than whole eggs would be post workout, and I stand by that statement. Fats ABSOLUTELY slow down digestion time of anything ingested. If digestion times are a "trivial notion", then would drinking casein after a workout and hydrolyzed whey before bed be just as effective as the opposite?

Please provide proof that egg whites are not a complete protein, because I just did some googling and I can't find that info. In fact.... Egg White Protein Nutrition Information | LIVESTRONG.COM

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Hey I love VG, but yes its a forum so I want to learn if you got some info that teaches me- and while we are on the topic- Id love to hear your viewpoints as well- :)

My love for his radical opinions is that I just hate the whole idea of vegatarianism and egg white are better - Theres no logical reason to use egg white ever- unless of course you hate the taste- but the yolk has been shown to be given a bad rap, and I belive that it is the healthy part of the egg for us bodybuilders- DOWN WITH EGG WHITES BLAH BLAH BLAH o:) I DO AGREE AND BELIEVE THAT IT IS SOMEWHERE THAT THE OLD THEORIES ARE OUTDATED AND YOU DO MISS OUT ON SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL AMINOS ON WHITES- WHITE ARE FOR SCRAWNY PEOPLE- MY TEACHER USED TO SAY ,"FAIRIES" BUT THEN AGAIN HE WAS 7 FEET TALL LOL- BIG BOYS EAT ALL THEIR EGGS WHOLE. I HAVE SCRAMMBLED EGGS EVERY SINGLE MORNING- I WOULD NEVER STOOP TO BUT PACKAGED EGG WHITE- WAY WAY TOO EXPENSIVE FOR NO BENEFITS- EVEN IF YOU ARE PRECONTEST- YOU GOT FATTY ACIDS AND PROTIENS - Honeslty for the life of me I cant see why anyone would waste their money on whites or their time separateing them- maybe the separating burns more calories LOL .

Im sure you are familiar with Vince Gironda? He was radical- I dont agree with many of his principles, but I do think he was ahead of his time and I love reading his stuff.I hated his 8 by 8 routine, I like his theory of carrot shaped thighs by doing your legs wrong, but I wouldnt ever give up squatting- Deads and Squats for power and size all over.. Just like someone like Dan Duchaine- I love reading his theories but I dont agree with most.
That Roberts guy ....ahem ahem - Ill keep the ugly out of this post LOL

Plus Ill tell ya wha my ole pappy used to say,"opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one "

Great f&n reply man.Couldn't agree more.The whole "eggs and red meat are bad for you" thing got way out of hand and led too many people into believing it.Meat and whole eggs have so much to offer in the way of quality nutrition that you miss out on by eating only whites and/or no meat.

Both should be staples of anyones diet and even more so with BBers.You DO need fats to help aid in digestion and by not having it or too little,your body starts to feed off itself (muscle) for energy which is the exact opposite to what we are trying to achieve.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic