Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Whole Eggs and Meat protien are my staple

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Please provide proof that egg whites are not a complete protein, because I just did some googling and I can't find that info. In fact.... Egg White Protein Nutrition Information | LIVESTRONG.COM

This gives you the amino acid score for egg whites Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Egg, white, raw, freshNow for whole eggs Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Egg, whole, raw, fresh

An amino acid score is defined as

An Amino Acid Score of 100 or higher indicates a complete or high-quality protein. If the Amino Acid Score is less than 100, a link is provided to complementary sources of protein. By combining complementary proteins, you may be able to increase the overall quality of the protein you consume.

Look to me like they are both great sources of a complete protein, and the whites actually score 9 points higher.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/111/2

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
No source discussion here Pillar.... infraction.

ROFL - Is that getting even for the spam comment I left you on the flex wheeler vid ????

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
This gives you the amino acid score for egg whites Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Egg, white, raw, freshNow for whole eggs Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Egg, whole, raw, fresh

An amino acid score is defined as

Look to me like they are both great sources of a complete protein, and the whites actually score 9 points higher.[/B]http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/111/2

I much prefer PDCAAS as it accounts for digestibility as well but IMO PDCAAS or any measure of amino completeness should be calculated based on the entirety of a diet not on a food by food basis, and to be completely accurate neither score goes beyond basic requirement for human function so does not accurately apply to the community as a whole. The scores come down to the lowest amino value in the food (called the limiting amino acid), if one amino acid is low or missing the value drops so in some cases combining 2 zero PDCAAS items gets a positive score. I'd worry less about completeness based on some score and more about getting your protein requirement in because I guarantee if you hit more than 1g of protein per lb you are going waaay beyond what those scores are measuring for.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
I much prefer PDCAAS as it accounts for digestibility as well but IMO PDCAAS or any measure of amino completeness should be calculated based on the entirety of a diet not on a food by food basis, and to be completely accurate neither score goes beyond basic requirement for human function so does not accurately apply to the community as a whole. The scores come down to the lowest amino value in the food (called the limiting amino acid), if one amino acid is low or missing the value drops so in some cases combining 2 zero PDCAAS items gets a positive score. I'd worry less about completeness based on some score and more about getting your protein requirement in because I guarantee if you hit more than 1g of protein per lb you are going waaay beyond what those scores are measuring for.

Agree 100%. Basically...........Eat a balanced diet including ALL nutrients at the proper amounts and proper times of the day.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
- I hate that people eat egg whites even more than Adjos hates peanut butter LMAO, The man who actually trained Arnold when he first came to this country , VInce Gironda agrees- I got this today:

Screw vegetarianism, Old Time Guro, Arnold Trainer- Vince Gironda agrees:

My routine for the last 25 years has not varied. When I get up, my high fat jump-starter is four or five eggs, depending on how hungry I am. Eggs don’t cause heart attacks. Some people take the yolk from the egg and eat just the egg white, but that’s wrong. Eggs are whole food, the greatest food you can eat. It closely matches the human anatomy. Eggs are the finest protein, along with liver and raw milk. That’s been proven over and over. They have the highest PER (protein efficiency ratio) rating.
Sugars and starches cause heart attacks. The average American diet includes pancakes, ice cream, cookies, pies, cakes, candies, pretzels, doughnuts, pizzas, slurpies, Pop Tarts, Sugar Frosted Flakes, bologna sandwiches, bagels and pastas. White-flour bagels and pastas are garbage! Then you have all the useless fast foods! But the egg is a perfect food. You see, God is the greatest chemist in the world. He created the egg. A drug company created the medical doctor, and all medical doctors do is write prescriptions. Nothing more, nothing less. They tell you what is wrong with you and then write a prescription for a dangerous synthetic drug!
If you separate the white and yolk of the egg, you get an isolated protein. Any time you separate the white and the yolk of an egg, you get an isolated protein. Any time you separate protein from fat you’re left with an incomplete food. The manufacturers of protein powders tell you to mix them with juice or water. Well, let me tell you, folks – you can’t digest protein without fat. When you swallow an egg white, it goes into your stomach and your stomach says, “Hey, where’s the fat?” The white, which is protein, has no vehicle for conversion, so it’s converted to sugar.
The same thing happens when you use protein powder. They say to mix with juice or water because they’re made of ionized whey protein, which is the skim of cottage cheese. It’s not biologically superior to eggs, liver and milk. These powders make you feel good because they’re carbohydrated sugar. Sure you’re going to put on weight, but it’s not going to be muscle weight.
You cannot digest protein without fat…
and it must be digested to be converted to amino acids. Once it’s digested it goes through the liver and is converted to amino acids. If it’s not digested the liver can’t do its job. If eggs or fat cause heart attacks, I want someone to tell me how my grandmother and grandfather, who were both muscular people with beautiful skin, lived on a farm, consumed raw milk, natural eggs pork sausage and butter (my grandfather died two months shy of his 98th birthday, and my grandmother died when she was 101.
An Indian who worked for my grandfather for food and shelter would eat only meat. We kids on the farm used to give pears, peaches and apples, and he’d say, “Oh, you kids crazy!” He wanted meat. Grandma and Grandma would butcher a hog or a steer and put it in the cellar (the cellar was like a fridge back then), and he would go down into the cellar and eat meat. Meat was all he would eat, and I mean the whole animal. So how did this man live to be 113 on a high-fat, high-protein diet? I’d like a medical doctor or so-called dietician to explain that.

Nice find! I used to read stuff by Vince Gironda all the time. He was actually the guy I listened to when all the Drs and nutritionist were telling me to eat more carbs and veggies and I was steadily getting fatter. I started eating the way Vince suggested with meat and whole eggs being the base of my diet and with a calorie increase I lost 71 pounds in 9 months. (Something the Drs and nutritionist say is not possible by the way). "You only need about 60-80 grams of protein per day" they said. "you need lots of complex carbs for fuel" "your diet should be based off breads, grains and veggies" they told me. All so much bullshit! My only regret is listening to them for so long because they were supposed to know what they were talking about.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
No offense taken, just don't completely agree, lol. And that's ok, if we all agreed on everything, life would be boring. And nice use of "kinesics" bro, hahaha, well done. Not sure if you used a thesaurus for that one, ;) , but still, bravo.

Ha ha If you saw me at work you wouldnt believe it- I do actually have an advanced college degree LOL Im not just a Big Muscle Bound oaf ......I have feelings too.....very sensitive LOL

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Back in the 70's, information started coming out about cholesterol, how it can clog up your arteries, cause cardiovascular disease, and leave you sitting in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV while you await to have triple bypass surgery. This sent the medical community into a tail spin and professionals started advising people to avoid foods that contain dietary cholesterol like shrimp and egg yolks. But we have come a long way over the last 40 years and now know there are different types of cholesterol, one is good and one is bad, and the cholesterol found in foods doesn't necessarily mean an increase in the cholesterol that clogs you up. Lets take a look at the difference between the two...

LDL (Low Density Lipoproteins) otherwise known as the "bad cholesterol" is produced by your liver and transported to other parts of your body such as heart, muscles, and other organs. This is the one you need to keep low because it will clog up your arteries and cause numerous health concerns such as heart disease. If you have a high LDL, it indicates that you have too much cholesterol floating around in your blood stream.

HDL (High Density Lipoproteins) yep you guessed it, the "good cholesterol", is also produced by your liver, but it's role is to go through your body and grab the bad cholesterol and other fats and bring them back to your liver so that they can be destroyed or processed into something your body can use.

So it would make sense that you want more HDL and less LDL. One large egg contains roughly 213 mg of cholesterol, so back in the 70's when people started becoming aware of cardio vascular disease, they made the assumption that the cholesterol in eggs, and other food items, would automatically cause an increase in the bad LDL cholesterol. Recent research now shows us that this is not true, and in fact consuming eggs can actually cause an increase in HDL, the good cholesterol. A study in Thailand where test subjects were given one whole egg to eat each day for three months, with no other changes to diet or exercise, saw that their HDL levels increased, and other studies has shown that even eating up to 6 eggs a day saw no increase on the bad cholesterol.

What are some of the other foods that have been known to increase good cholesterol and lower the bad? Berries, kale juice, unsweetened cranberry juice, and cocoa.

So there you have it, we have dispelled the myth that eggs yolks increase bad cholesterol, and in fact have learnt that they can decrease our bad cholesterol by increasing the good. But cholesterol isn't the only benefit chowing down on some of those little yellow pockets of goodness, in fact the mighty egg has plenty. Lets take a look.

Protein

Did you know that different types of protein have different biological values with in the body? Essentially that means that the protein from a piece of chicken is absorbed and utilized to a different degree than a piece of beef or glass of milk. The way they measure this is via the Biological Value Scale, and guess which food tops this list for most absorbable protein in the body? You guessed it, eggs! And as it turns out because eggs have the highest, they use it's protein as a bench mark to scale the rest of the foods against. Take a look at the list below;

Food Protein Rating
Eggs 100
Egg Whites 88
Chicken / Turkey 79
Fish 70
Lean Beef 69
Cow's Milk 60

Further to this, it turns out that if you are one of those people that are throwing your yolks away, you may not be benefiting from the protein that's contained with the whites. Egg whites only have around 3 grams of protein per egg, while the yolk contains the majority of the amino acid complex and without the two combined, your body may not be absorbing the protein from the whites effectively.

Vitamins and Minerals
Did you know that the yolk is the part that contains the majority (around 90%) of the vitamins and minerals of the egg? Along with large amounts of Vitamin A and various B Vitamins, the egg yolk also contains:
Lutein: Good for your eyes and heart
Folate: Helps the body produce new cells
Zinc: Promotes enzyme activity and testosterone production
Calcium: Strengthens teeth and bones
Iron: Creates blood cells

But what about all those calories contained within in the yolk? Well one whole large egg contains 70 calories, 4.5 grams of fat (the majority of that unsaturated) and 6 grams of protein total. When you consume high quality protein and unsaturated fats such as those contained in the egg, it keeps you fuller for longer, leaving you to eat less later on during the day. The point to note is that monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats contained within the yolk, have actually shown to help increase testosterone levels, meaning an increase in muscle mass and a decrease in body fat
So how many eggs should you eat per day? Well Doctors and Nutritionists recommend that you eat two eggs per day, but if you workout, want to gain some muscle, or want to shed some pounds, you should consider eating more than that. Most bodybuilders and fitness experts eat more than two per day.

But please, please, please buy free range, cage free eggs and where possible, organic eggs. If you have ever watched the amazing documentary Food, Inc. you will know what terrible living conditions caged chickens live in, not to mention the antibiotics and hormones they are fed. Unfortunately, the words "cage free" and "free range" are not regulated by the USDA here in the States, so it may only mean that the chickens are let out for only a short time each day and then crammed back into holding pens. Look for "Certified Organic" which means the chickens are care free, have ample space to move around, have access to outdoor spaces, and are not fed antibiotics or hormones.

So hopefully this post has unscrambled a few of the misconceptions out there about whether egg yolks are healthy or not. I know that I am going to be adding a couple of them to my breakfast now each morning. So if you want to build some muscle, burn some fat, and work on your overall health and wellness, it turns out, all you have to do is crack a few eggs.

Healthy Boy. com

CLICK BELOW FOR FURTHER EGG WHITE BULLSHIT MYTHS
Should You Eat The Egg Yolk or Just The Egg White

The Incredible, Edible Egg Yolk
Myth: Cholesterol-Rich Foods Raise Blood Cholesterol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic