Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Semaglutide

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
My blood work is always perfect there is nothing that has ever off other than maybe a slight elevation in cholesterol. I do my blood work every single year and I've never have any deviating factors at all. This year I have high protein, high calcium, High ketones, there is something else I don't have it in front of me but I had more things that were dysfunction my kidney blood work and urine than was good. The only thing that was in the normal range I know they look at is the creatinine levels which was normal.

Up until the time I had blood work a few weeks back I was having to urinate at least once an hour even a complete emptying. Since I've been off ppi I'm back to every 4 to 5 hours.

They said that having to frequently urinate like that is definitely a sign that your kidneys are not functioning properly and I've noticed that over the last couple of months finally got this year's blood work done stop the ppis and almost back to normal with no really other adjustments to what I'm doing. Other than trying to figure out a way to avoid acid reflux without taking drugs
Interesting. I've been on lansoprazole 30 mg twice a day for probably close to 20 years. Chems have been fine, sometimes creatinine is elevated but Cystatin C is normal indicating normal renal function. The increased frequency of urination could also be prostate/urinary tract issues. Without the PPI, heartburn and reflux is terrible and I don't want Barretts or esophageal cancer. Had a scope a couple years ago and everything was normal. I have a moderate hiatal hernia so reflux is always a problem.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Interesting. I've been on lansoprazole 30 mg twice a day for probably close to 20 years. Chems have been fine, sometimes creatinine is elevated but Cystatin C is normal indicating normal renal function. The increased frequency of urination could also be prostate/urinary tract issues. Without the PPI, heartburn and reflux is terrible and I don't want Barretts or esophageal cancer. Had a scope a couple years ago and everything was normal. I have a moderate hiatal hernia so reflux is always a problem.
Perhaps a decreased dose or intermittent use might solve the problem and follow with labs.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Perhaps a decreased dose or intermittent use might solve the problem and follow with labs.
I've consider doing the every 2 to 3 nights and see what changes I'm going to try and tough it out until my next blood work in 3 months to see if there's any change one way or the other. At that point I'll probably go ahead if I have to start making some adjustments to my acid reflux regimen so to speak. I found that Ginger root helps a lot. If it gets really bad I do some baking soda but I have to be careful of that because I have high blood pressure and extra sodium is definitely not good for me.

I have dealt with heartburn my whole life honestly I remember even as a teenager having to eat rolaids but I also grew up in a very traumatic environment which I'm sure probably did not help any. Just sucks to have to be careful what I eat some things are way worse acidic foods make it worse spicy foods make it worse but I can have oatmeal and get terrible heartburn it's ridiculous.

I'm going through two more blood donations so in about 120 days I'm going to retest my hematocrit was way up I hadn't given blood in about a year and I'm making some changes my cholesterol was off a bit but that was due to some sloppy eating. That's all back on track and has been since my blood work. I like to see those numbers look a lot better.

I definitely appreciate the feedback. I think we're all going through the same thing as we age things change and we need as much information as we can get to make better choices

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
This is the stuff that scares the crap out of me and I'm really good about reading up on drugs before I take them but I really never did any research on PPI's

Do acid reducers cause kidney problems?

Drilling down, the team found that, compared to the control group, patients who took only PPIs were 28.4 times more likely to report chronic kidney disease, as well as acute kidney injury (4.2 times more likely), end-stage renal disease (35.5 times more likely) and unspecified kidney impairment (8 times more likely).Feb 19, 2019

What bothers me about the above information is doctors know this and they never say anything about it at least give you an idea of what could happen and then allow us to make the decision.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
This is the stuff that scares the crap out of me and I'm really good about reading up on drugs before I take them but I really never did any research on PPI's

Do acid reducers cause kidney problems?

Drilling down, the team found that, compared to the control group, patients who took only PPIs were 28.4 times more likely to report chronic kidney disease, as well as acute kidney injury (4.2 times more likely), end-stage renal disease (35.5 times more likely) and unspecified kidney impairment (8 times more likely).Feb 19, 2019

What bothers me about the above information is doctors know this and they never say anything about it at least give you an idea of what could happen and then allow us to make the decision.
I started reading more on this, cut my dosing to 30 mg lansoprazole once a day. Just had labs done, everything is fine. My Cystatin C has my eGFR at 103. One thing I thought of you can try, there is an old drug I use when heartburn flares, may have to go back to a once or twice a day dosing. It's called Carafate https://www.drugs.com/carafate.html. I take 1/2 tab let is dissolve in a small amount (1/2 oz of water) and use it in between meals a couple times a day. You may find it helpful, has no real sides as it isn't absorbed.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm giving up on my usage of it. It never really squashed my appetite like it seems to do for most, but it did seem to take the edge off at least. And any bit helps. However, even at 1.5mg, it seems to have lost its efficacy. I have a 3mg vial from Peptide Sciences if anyone wants it. Just shoot me a PM with your address. I'm good for it. Just ask Kluso or IronSoul.

Plus, I too, have been having some major heartburn. Coupled with my over-indulgence of jalapenos, this is not a good combination.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I started reading more on this, cut my dosing to 30 mg lansoprazole once a day. Just had labs done, everything is fine. My Cystatin C has my eGFR at 103. One thing I thought of you can try, there is an old drug I use when heartburn flares, may have to go back to a once or twice a day dosing. It's called Carafate https://www.drugs.com/carafate.html. I take 1/2 tab let is dissolve in a small amount (1/2 oz of water) and use it in between meals a couple times a day. You may find it helpful, has no real sides as it isn't absorbed.
Thank you!!! I am going to do some reading on this.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Its so easy to lose weight by just cutting out carbs and all sugars for 60 days. I would hate myself for a being a weak lazy fuck if something injured my body to just lose weight. There is just no magic bullet other than food discipline...

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I'm giving up on my usage of it. It never really squashed my appetite like it seems to do for most, but it did seem to take the edge off at least. And any bit helps. However, even at 1.5mg, it seems to have lost its efficacy. I have a 3mg vial from Peptide Sciences if anyone wants it. Just shoot me a PM with your address. I'm good for it. Just ask Kluso or IronSoul.

Plus, I too, have been having some major heartburn. Coupled with my over-indulgence of jalapenos, this is not a good combination.
I’ll take it if it’s not already gone

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic