Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Need more fats but not more food?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
This is something I recently started doing and can’t believe I’ve never thought of it before. Some of you may already do it but I’m sure a lot don’t. If you need more fats in your daily macros but you’re already full as fuck from food and don’t wanna add more food, consider using extra virgin olive oil. Adding it to your existing meals, shakes, or just drinking the shit, whatever. It’s actually made my meals more tasty and bearable on my non training days when I need more fats. A serving is usually around 120 calories and all fat. No other macros. Here is a nutrition label that is on most jugs of it. Hope it can help some of you.

e17a325f8207de289a4bf774752885ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I do this occasionally, too. If my daily fats are behind, I'll dump a tablespoon on my dinner (usually rice and a protein). Nuts are also good and take relatively few for a good amount of healthy fats. Just don't eat too many Brazil nuts, as the selenium content is really high. Nut butters are also good. I fucking love Sun Butter, but turns out I have a sensitivity to sunflower seeds. Cashew Butter is also really good, especially some of the blends you can get like with coconut chunks mixed in. Pecan Butter tastes... odd... somewhat of an acquired taste. Almond Butter is decent. My favorite is slicing up a Granny Smith apple and smearing 28g of a nut butter between the slices. A lot of times I'm down on carbs and fats, and this combo fills the hole.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hey Iron,
Just a quick cautionary note. This is a random article grab for example, but there’s an abundance of info available about the matter of fake, and rancid olive oil on the shelves. The negative health impact of poor oils are extensive.
Your idea of added calories via fat is a good one, but I recommend using MCT oil instead. Most commercially available olive and avocado oils are bunk garbage.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I do this occasionally, too. If my daily fats are behind, I'll dump a tablespoon on my dinner (usually rice and a protein). Nuts are also good and take relatively few for a good amount of healthy fats. Just don't eat too many Brazil nuts, as the selenium content is really high. Nut butters are also good. I fucking love Sun Butter, but turns out I have a sensitivity to sunflower seeds. Cashew Butter is also really good, especially some of the blends you can get like with coconut chunks mixed in. Pecan Butter tastes... odd... somewhat of an acquired taste. Almond Butter is decent. My favorite is slicing up a Granny Smith apple and smearing 28g of a nut butter between the slices. A lot of times I'm down on carbs and fats, and this combo fills the hole.

Damn that sounds so good man. Gonna keep those in mind for when my diet is less restrictive and I can replace things. I fucking love apples. I’m allergic to them but they don’t bother me that nut butter with coconut chunks sounds like love. I love coconut anything.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Try this: https://abbysbetter.com/products/coconut-cashew

Their Pecan Butter version tastes like feet at first, but by the end of the jar I was thinking maybe feet didn't taste so bad. Nut butters are expensive as hell, but a lot of times I can hit up a few different stores and find at least one that is on sale.

Note you're going to have to mix the hell out of these first due to separation. The Abby's ones are particularly annoying because there isn't much room in the jar, and it's easy to slosh the separated oil over the rim creating a huge mess.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Try this: https://abbysbetter.com/products/coconut-cashew

Their Pecan Butter version tastes like feet at first, but by the end of the jar I was thinking maybe feet didn't taste so bad. Nut butters are expensive as hell, but a lot of times I can hit up a few different stores and find at least one that is on sale.

Note you're going to have to mix the hell out of these first due to separation. The Abby's ones are particularly annoying because there isn't much room in the jar, and it's easy to slosh the separated oil over the rim creating a huge mess.

Lmao you crack me up bro. Thanks for the link. I’ll check them out. My girl loves shit like this

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I think I am alright with olive oil. Been using Bragg's and now California Olive Kitchen's. Hmm.. just realized that has an unfortunate acronym. Anyway, COK has a multiple-origin oil, but I use the one that is single from California.

Edit: Yea, that's actually California Olive Ranch. Not sure where I got the COK.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
This was my go to for adding calories. I’d pour it on my dinner to mix it in or if need be I’d do a shot of it. Always from the bottle. Not added before or while cooking.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Nothing wrong with an “appropriate amount” of truly legitimate olive oil — but please be diligent about the brand / product you use.
Some estimated 80% of the olive oils on store shelves are rancid and/or fake (contain non olive, harmful seed oils).

Just use the same basic caution you use when choosing your gear, and the fuel you put in your vehicle (like putting diesel in a gasoline engine or vice versa)!

A good informative summary of why it matters, here on the Mark Bell project podcast with Paul Saladino:

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
Here is a GREAT way to add fat to your diet.

Get some sugar free jello. I like Walmart Brand strawberry, but your mileage may vary.

Once the jello has set you have basically a zero carb, zero fat, low protein tasty little snack.

I sprinkle some sugar free sweetener on it and then proceed to shred it with a metal whisk.

Then I will measure out however much heavy cream I want to add to get my fat content up. For example, 4tbsp is 20g of fat. Then I will whisk it some more to make it kind of like shredded jello with whipped cream.

It is freaking delicious and a great way to add fat to your diet.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
The whole box of sugar free jello plus the 4tbsp of heavy cream is...

220 calories
20g Fat
0g Carbs
4g Protein

Plus, it tends to be pretty satiating.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic