Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Need more fats but not more food?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Nothing wrong with an “appropriate amount” of truly legitimate olive oil — but please be diligent about the brand / product you use.
Some estimated 80% of the olive oils on store shelves are rancid and/or fake (contain non olive, harmful seed oils).

Just use the same basic caution you use when choosing your gear, and the fuel you put in your vehicle (like putting diesel in a gasoline engine or vice versa)!

A good informative summary of why it matters, here on the Mark Bell project podcast with Paul Saladino:

Man I saw a video about this earlier. That’s fucjing wild man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Man I saw a video about this earlier. That’s fucjing wild man.

Just looking out Bro, not meaning to force any view. But the seed oil / fake oils issue is a serious health danger. Just posting up for any who may choose to know about it.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Just looking out Bro, not meaning to force any view. But the seed oil / fake oils issue is a serious health danger. Just posting up for any who may choose to know about it.

Man I don’t see how they get away with doing shit like that. They don’t stop that but they’ll certainly stop supplements from being sold.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
MCT stirred into morning coffee.

How can you not taste rancid oil/fake oil unless you don't know what real oil tastes like.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I always get California Olive Ranch 100% California oil. It has all kinds of sh** to make certain that its certified 100% extra virgin olive oil from this years harvest blah blah blah.

I’ve heard this from a few others. I need to check them out. Also heard to look for the cold pressed oils. Thanks bro

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Here is a GREAT way to add fat to your diet.

Get some sugar free jello. I like Walmart Brand strawberry, but your mileage may vary.

Once the jello has set you have basically a zero carb, zero fat, low protein tasty little snack.

I sprinkle some sugar free sweetener on it and then proceed to shred it with a metal whisk.

Then I will measure out however much heavy cream I want to add to get my fat content up. For example, 4tbsp is 20g of fat. Then I will whisk it some more to make it kind of like shredded jello with whipped cream.

It is freaking delicious and a great way to add fat to your diet.
You could also add some heavy whipping cream to your protein shakes.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I like olive oil because it just has a really good flavor... spicy even.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
I also like to add butter to my food. Lets say I am cooking boneless skinless chicken thighs. I have them frying up in the pan and I am frying them in butter. When I am done frying them, I plate them, and I take a soft silicone spatula and scrape all of that butter out of the pan and on top of my chicken. It adds a wonderful flavor and it adds the fat that I need living this carnivore keto life.

Also, when I make ground beef or ground turkey I usually cook it in crumbles. I crumble that sh** up real fine to make it as easy as possible to eat. Anyway, don't leave the fat behind in the frying pan. Get all of that fat out and back onto your plate. If you leave it behind you are missing some key nutrition and your macros will be all jacked up.

Homemade mayo is another favorite of mine. Regular mayo, with its soybean oil, is trash. I put a cup of avocado oil, an egg, a little dijon mustard, a little lemon juice, and a pinch of salt into a tall jar and run my immersion blender through it. It turns into mayo in like five seconds. It doesn't taste quite like Duke's or Hellmann's but the nutrition is way better.

Nuts are great too. Just one ounce, about 1/4 cup, or macadamia nuts or pecans has over 20g of fat. They're easy to eat, good for you, and super low card if you're just trying to get fat into your diet.

I don't have all the answers, but I have been living this keto life for a while. I know a thing or two LOL.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Bro you really had me up until mayo. There are just some things that should not exist in this world.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic