Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cowboys PL Journey

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
How are those speed benches with the chains? I bet that creates some incredible improvement over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
How are those speed benches with the chains? I bet that creates some incredible improvement over time.

I like them, I feel a lot stronger and quicker off the chest when maxing. It has definitely helped my get my 1rm max up.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I like them, I feel a lot stronger and quicker off the chest when maxing. It has definitely helped my get my 1rm max up.

That’s awesome. It definitely seems like it would. I’ve never incorporated chains at all.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
That’s awesome. It definitely seems like it would. I’ve never incorporated chains at all.

I used to use bands but get a better feel with chain. Right now only have 2x20lbs but picking up 2x60lbs tomorrow. I use them for all 3 lifts on speed day. I also use them for overload deadlift, back to bands or wraps to overload squats, and bands or slingshot to overload bench.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I used to use bands but get a better feel with chain. Right now only have 2x20lbs but picking up 2x60lbs tomorrow. I use them for all 3 lifts on speed day. I also use them for overload deadlift, back to bands or wraps to overload squats, and bands or slingshot to overload bench.

Man this is the type of shit that got me interested in powerlifting a few years ago. POB had me on a program he made. My training style is bodybuilding, but I was intrigued. The amount of strength and power, on top of adding solid ass muscle, blew my mind.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Man this is the type of shit that got me interested in powerlifting a few years ago. POB had me on a program he made. My training style is bodybuilding, but I was intrigued. The amount of strength and power, on top of adding solid ass muscle, blew my mind.

Same here, started with Bodybuilding switched to powerlifting. I still like to do some of the Bodybuilding movements for smaller body parts.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Same here, started with Bodybuilding switched to powerlifting. I still like to do some of the Bodybuilding movements for smaller body parts.

Man a hybrid of both is where it’s at. Especially if it’s just for personal goals/reasons.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Man a hybrid of both is where it’s at. Especially if it’s just for personal goals/reasons.

For sure, I am still competing so keeping it to PL. Took this year off to cut. Dropping 2 weight classes from my meet last November.

However there are days I am like WTF am I doing lol

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
For sure, I am still competing so keeping it to PL. Took this year off to cut. Dropping 2 weight classes from my meet last November.

However there are days I am like WTF am I doing lol

Lmao I think we all have those moments pretty consistently no matter our training and goals. It’s ridiculous. Such a love hate. Damn man, that’s a bit ass drop though. Do you maintain pretty good strength at lower weight? I lose it so fucking fast.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Lmao I think we all have those moments pretty consistently no matter our training and goals. It’s ridiculous. Such a love hate. Damn man, that’s a bit ass drop though. Do you maintain pretty good strength at lower weight? I lose it so fucking fast.

Typically yes I lose strength pretty quick. This cut I have hung on to most of it so far.

I usually for years bounce around 220 mark and had signed up for 220 weight class for meet. My scale was acting up and showing my weight higher(close to 230), so 5 or 6 weeks decided to jump up a weight class and compete at 242. Hammered in the food, added some extra gear, meet day weighed 242.
So really only cutting the fluff I gained to up and dropping 1 weight class to 198 from were I normally sit. 211 last week and about to weigh in soon. But yeah a year of cutting sucks

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Typically yes I lose strength pretty quick. This cut I have hung on to most of it so far.

I usually for years bounce around 220 mark and had signed up for 220 weight class for meet. My scale was acting up and showing my weight higher(close to 230), so 5 or 6 weeks decided to jump up a weight class and compete at 242. Hammered in the food, added some extra gear, meet day weighed 242.
So really only cutting the fluff I gained to up and dropping 1 weight class to 198 from were I normally sit. 211 last week and about to weigh in soon. But yeah a year of cutting sucks
Weight this am 208.5

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Man that’s rough. Awesome weight this morning, you’ll Be there soon. When is the meet?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic