Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Carrying a hanky

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Shine's quote actually, thank you - I carry it on for him. It is truth. His birthday was last week for all you brothers of iron who might want to wave at him and wish him Happy Birthday.

On that note I should add to this conversation that, of course a gentleman's hanky is used by the gentleman himself if he has tears such as at a funeral or for other emotional moments -- tears or perhaps as a necessary/temporary bandaid even -- disposable paper products are for colds.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I could see using one to wipe your face, just can’t get past using one to keep blowing your nose and saving it for later. Luckily my dad and grandfather never used them. I’m sure thats where I got the blowing my nose in the sink and shower from.

Happy Birthday brother Shine!

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I am a bandana in the back pocket guy. It's not for nose blowing though.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I carried one in the '70s when I was a kid. I used to use it and shove it back into my pants pocket, until my pants started getting damp. Damn that was gross.

Now I just wear it on my head.

1622812973006.png

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Back when I was a young buck pipe welder always had one plus a clean welding hat in my lunch box ,,freakish bunch I ran with

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I am a bandana in the back pocket guy. It's not for nose blowing though.

You Cryp or Blood?

Also, handkerchiefs for blowing noses are disgusting.

Most importantly, and thank you for bringing it to our attention @Pearl , happy belated birthday brother Shine. One of my original mentors, and one of the most knowledgeable, humble, kind, and patient humans that we have ever had on these boards.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
You Cryp or Blood?

Also, handkerchiefs for blowing noses are disgusting.

Most importantly, and thank you for bringing it to our attention @Pearl , happy belated birthday brother Shine. One of my original mentors, and one of the most knowledgeable, humble, kind, and patient humans that we have ever had on these boards.
I also still rock a wallet chain. Bringing it all back.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Fuck the hanky! What ever happened to block the lft side and blow then wipe with the back of your hand and repeat for the other side. DAH!!! I love doing this out my truck window and watch the disgust on the ladies face behind me, fuckin priceless!!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Cigarettes rolled up in your sleeve?

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Cigarettes rolled up in your sleeve?
And a loosie behind the ear, just letting the baddies know IDGAF and haven't used protection since grade school. o_O

Reactions: SAD
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Fuck the hanky! What ever happened to block the lft side and blow then wipe with the back of your hand and repeat for the other side. DAH!!! I love doing this out my truck window and watch the disgust on the ladies face behind me, fuckin priceless!!
Thought only Chinese people did that on the train in NYC. Man was that disgusting

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic