Joannafit
What's New?

Carrying a hanky

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Does anybody still do this? My dad does and he was telling me he got into the habit since he was a young kid. He has like 2 dozen of them. We were laughing about it last night at dinner.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Does anybody still do this? My dad does and he was telling me he got into the habit since he was a young kid. He has like 2 dozen of them. We were laughing about it last night at dinner.

My Dad did too. I think it is a nasty, unsanitary habit. ;)

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
My grandpa did and I thought it was sort of weird...

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
My Dad used to.I always thought it was kinda nasty.I carry a roll of paper towels in my truck.Those are my hanky's.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
My grandfather did that. I assumed it was because kleenex wasn't invented yet.

Slic.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
LK carries a handful of sweaty Black Jelly beans in a hanky and offers them to kids in airports.
Lies, I eat the black jelly beans and give the purple ones to the kids.

I used to carry one as a kid but haven't since about Freshman in high school when @Mike_RN bullied me and stole my hankie collection.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
My Dad used to.I always thought it was kinda nasty.I carry a roll of paper towels in my truck.Those are my hanky's.

My Dad didn't do it, but I do carry a roll of paper towels in my truck as well....

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
My best friend carries one. I had to recently confront him for blowing his nose at the table while we're out eating. Fucking disgusting and rude. The first time he did it was a couple of years ago at a restaurant my wife manages. He blew his nose at the table into the restaurant silverware towel! I don't think I've turned so red out of embarrassment at a public place as that.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Oh my, how uncouth, my sincere sympathy for your embarrassing moment -- I used to always carry a hanky in my purse but the hanky was never for nose-blowing but only to wipe away tears -- in church, at weddings, in the theater during sad parts -- sad tears, laughter tears, never for nasal passage mucus. Small kleenex packages make the hanky obsolete now but I always knew that a man might carry a bandana in his back pocket for wiping his brow/neck/hands (and possibly his nose) but a gentleman only carried a clean handkerchief not for himself but to chivalrously offer to others - specifically women in his company who might need to wipe away tears if she didn't have her hanky with her! People no longer know proper etiquette and gentile manners (sad).

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Oh my, how uncouth, my sincere sympathy for your embarrassing moment -- I used to always carry a hanky in my purse but the hanky was never for nose-blowing but only to wipe away tears -- in church, at weddings, in the theater during sad parts -- sad tears, laughter tears, never for nasal passage mucus. Small kleenex packages make the hanky obsolete now but I always knew that a man might carry a bandana in his back pocket for wiping his brow/neck/hands (and possibly his nose) but a gentleman only carried a clean handkerchief not for himself but to chivalrously offer to others - specifically women in his company who might need to wipe away tears if she didn't have her hanky with her! People no longer know proper etiquette and gentile manners (sad).

Inspiring quote (tag)!!!!....The comment was on "T" as well!!!!!....:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic