Ethan7400
What's New?

Pot Smokers of America?...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Im pro weed and you’ll never change my mind different

I believe as an adult the choice should be a choice I do believe it is bad for your health, I KNOW and so does the scientific community that alcohol is the number 1 worst drug on the planet, the WHO has the numbers.
But you guys know why I hate that shit.
Cheers

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
While I indulge in some different adult beverages, I don’t go crazy, keeping it in moderation.

However, just way to many health risks with smoking anything or inhaling anything. Being in the medical field and knowing all the past history of people coming in for cancer and other diseases, just scary what it does to the body.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I'm not super concerned about herb. I rarely smoke it anymore but I don't see a lot of negative detrimental effects of herb smokers older than me. They seem a little more chill than alcohol users. I have a drink about once a month and have an edible once every couple weeks. I'm sure smoking just about anything is bad for you. I don't think all the cannabis I smoked in college is going to catch up to me. Cigarettes are far worse imho.

Slic.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
I don't smoke (although I love the smell of cherry vanilla pipe tobacco, and leather but I digress), but I fully endorse the health benefits of cannabinoids and enjoy the oils, lotions, tinctures, etc.

The cannabinoid system is one of the most important physiologic systems involved in maintaining human health. Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells.

FYI BackAtit, you might find interesting this comprehensive report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine: “The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research.” This report is based on the analysis of more than 10,000 cannabis studies, finding substantial benefits for many medical conditions, as well as busting several long-held marijuana myths. There remains a great deal we still don’t know, but this report provides one of the most comprehensive looks at what we can glean thus far from rigorous scientific data. Some of the highlights are summarized below:

1. Conclusive or substantial evidence exists (the highest levels of confidence) that cannabis/ cannabinoids are an effective treatment in three areas: chronic pain; muscle spasms from multiple sclerosis (MS) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS); and nausea and vomiting related to chemotherapy.
2. Limited evidence suggests smoking marijuana provides some anti-inflammatory benefits.
3. Cannabis use is not associated with increased risk of lung, head or neck cancers, which are associated with tobacco smoking; however, limited evidence suggests frequent cannabis users have a higher risk for a certain type of testicular cancer.
4. There is insufficient evidence to support or refute a link between cannabis use and increased risk of heart attack.
5. Regular marijuana smokers experience more chronic bronchitis, although this resolves if they quit smoking.
6. Early onset of marijuana use is not associated with poor health outcomes as an adult. The idea that pot is a “gateway drug” to opioids or other drugs is fully disproven.
7. Driving under the influence of marijuana increases the risk of a motor vehicle accident.
8. Pregnant women should abstain from marijuana due to increased pregnancy complications and low birth weight babies.
9. Researchers found substantial evidence indicting cannabis may increase the risk for schizophrenia, although some postulate it may only exacerbate or trigger an illness that would have appeared regardless. Interestingly, among individuals with existing psychosis, cannabis actually improves performance on learning and memory tasks.
10. Cannabis may increase your risk for social anxiety disorder. However, other research finds positive effects for mood disorders, including anxiety and PTSD, so more research is needed.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I don't smoke (although I love the smell of cherry vanilla pipe tobacco, and leather but I digress),but I fully endorse the health benefits of cannabinoids and enjoy the oils, lotions, tinctures, etc.

The cannabinoid system is one of the most important physiologic systems involved in maintaining human health. Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells.

FYI BackAtit, you might find interesting this comprehensive report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine: “The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research.” This report is based on the analysis of more than 10,000 cannabis studies, finding substantial benefits for many medical conditions, as well as busting several long-held marijuana myths. There remains a great deal we still don’t know, but this report provides one of the most comprehensive looks at what we can glean thus far from rigorous scientific data. Some of the highlights are summarized below:

1. Conclusive or substantial evidence exists (the highest levels of confidence) that cannabis/ cannabinoids are an effective treatment in three areas: chronic pain; muscle spasms from multiple sclerosis (MS) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS); and nausea and vomiting related to chemotherapy.
2. Limited evidence suggests smoking marijuana provides some anti-inflammatory benefits.
3. Cannabis use is not associated with increased risk of lung, head or neck cancers, which are associated with tobacco smoking; however, limited evidence suggests frequent cannabis users have a higher risk for a certain type of testicular cancer.
4. There is insufficient evidence to support or refute a link between cannabis use and increased risk of heart attack.
5. Regular marijuana smokers experience more chronic bronchitis, although this resolves if they quit smoking.
6. Early onset of marijuana use is not associated with poor health outcomes as an adult. The idea that pot is a “gateway drug” to opioids or other drugs is fully disproven.
7. Driving under the influence of marijuana increases the risk of a motor vehicle accident.
8. Pregnant women should abstain from marijuana due to increased pregnancy complications and low birth weight babies.
9. Researchers found substantial evidence indicting cannabis may increase the risk for schizophrenia, although some postulate it may only exacerbate or trigger an illness that would have appeared regardless. Interestingly, among individuals with existing psychosis, cannabis actually improves performance on learning and memory tasks.
10. Cannabis may increase your risk for social anxiety disorder. However, other research finds positive effects for mood disorders, including anxiety and PTSD, so more research is needed.

Thank you, Pearl!!!...

I have used MJ in my past (for rec and medical reasons)...The only thing I would be concerned about would be smoking it due to the carcinogens (really not sure if that is true or not) that is supposedly in the flower...I definitely don't have a problem ingesting it by eating....Also with smoking I am concerned about the temp of the smoke damaging my lungs...Not sure tho if that is an issue...Again, thanks for the above info!!!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Thought I would share this:

I did a little research years ago, as usual, and focused on the memory aspect...Not sure if this is accurate, but will run it by u guys/gals to see what u think...

The short term memory loss that is effected by the MJ is NOT ACTUALLY damaging short term memory...It literally is amplifying how short term memory works...Hence, why u can go back to normal when not impaired with MJ...

From what I remember, short term is there for the purpose of not allowing one to overload the mind...Short term will not allow you to remember insignificant events that occur in daily life due to the fact that if every single piece of data was stored fin long term memory, our mind would shut down (overload, just like a computer's memory)...So, our short term literally protects us from storing what we don't need to remember...

MJ only affects short term and what it does is litterly makes short term work to good while u are on it, therefore causing u not to store what IS IMPORTANT!...Anyway, I thought this was interesting when I studied it...And, as I said earlier, short term is not damaged....It will go back to normal once the MJ has cleared your system...Again, not sure if this is accurate, but definitely food for thought!...

testiFy

testiFy

Jun 5, 2019
The only thing worth inhaling is oxygen.
Edibles would be your best bet if you have a need for THC/CBD.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
oh crap there goes your balls------- pot smokers!!!! but then again m&m take a beating anyways from juice

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Very interesting about the short term memory, BackAtIt. I've been listening to a series of global experts in a CBD Health Summit -- fascinating, extensive discussion on the endocannabinoid system and the amazing health benefits of CBD both with and without THC. CBD promotes homeostasis, reduces pain sensation, and decreases inflammation. It has halted grand mal seizures in infants and epileptic patients and is being used in cancer treatment because it blocks tumor metastasis.

The general public is uninformed about the recently discovered endocannabinoid system and the fact that it has two primary receptors. CB1 receptors are mostly found in the brain while the CB2 receptors are primarily found in the immune system. One doesn't have to have THC to enjoy the benefits and people who use it for health benefits aren't all 'delinquents getting high'!

THC binds to the CB1 receptors and is responsible for mood, behavior, and other cerebral functions (high). CBD latches onto the CB2 receptors and tells these receptors if there are invaders that are detrimental to the body. CBD aids the immune system. So enjoy that massage oil, use the balm for your joints, put hemp seeds in your smoothies -- .3% is legal.

You mentioned both edibles & inhalation -- learned this, passing it along -- infused edibles are typically stronger than smoked or vaped cannabis but deliver a smaller concentration into the bloodstream. Ingesting introduces only 10 to 20 % of THC and other cannabinoids, metabolized by the liver, which converts it to 11-hydroxy-THC. This metabolite is particularly effective in crossing the blood-brain barrier, resulting in a more intense high.

Inhaled THC may deliver 50-60% but undergoes a different metabolic process -- rather than passing through the stomach and liver like edibles, the THC travels directly to the brain. This is why the effects of smoked or vaporized cannabis come on faster and diminish quickly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic