Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

New from California

M

MrsMass

Mar 23, 2016
Hi all, new to any kind of forum. Want to try something new put myself out there and communicate with people.
I'm 33 and have been lifting for 10 years, last three have been focused on strength only. Used to be "very lean" around 12% at 140 bw and trained bodybuilding style. Later, around that time I was doing stand up and ground training (mma)4-5 days a week.
Now I train powerlifting and have no idea what my bf% is at 178 bw. What can I say lol I love heavy weights! And after years of chicken and broccoli, I may have gone overboard on the food :( I've thought about competing but I have yet to compete in an actual meet. I have bad anxiety, lame I know.
My greatest struggle is the programming. :mad: I've tried 5-3-1 and westside style training, but I basically just go in there and lift either speed / bands or heavy or try to hit x% for a certain number of reps. ( I have a training log too I will figure out how to post it)

That's why I'm here - to read all your posts, try to ask questions and create my own programs that have a goal, stop messing around and add some weight to my total.

Any help is welcomed and appreciated :)

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Welcome to the den. Look around a bit, I'm sure you will find kindred spirits.

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
Welcome! I'm not a big fan of crowds... My first meet was tough. Bad anxiety all day. But after that one and seeing how everyone was there to help out. It wasn't just a place to see who was the best, everyone just wanted to see everyone else lift some heavy ass weight! That got me hooked. And I made a ton of new friends.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Don't know how you found TID, but you lucked out. It's mostly PL and bb, mostly but not all men, but good advice will already be there for you to find or perhaps go after with some well-placed future post. We tend to remain anonymous here, but there are a few very accomplished people among us, including one top level Strongwoman, so, go crazy.

Welcome.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to TID. Post your log up, plenty of people to help you out here.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Welcome aboard, we love to lift heavy stuff around these parts. You'll fit in well.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Welcome... Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hi all, new to any kind of forum. Want to try something new put myself out there and communicate with people.
I'm 33 and have been lifting for 10 years, last three have been focused on strength only. Used to be "very lean" around 12% at 140 bw and trained bodybuilding style. Later, around that time I was doing stand up and ground training (mma)4-5 days a week.
Now I train powerlifting and have no idea what my bf% is at 178 bw. What can I say lol I love heavy weights! And after years of chicken and broccoli, I may have gone overboard on the food :( I've thought about competing but I have yet to compete in an actual meet. I have bad anxiety, lame I know.
My greatest struggle is the programming. :mad: I've tried 5-3-1 and westside style training, but I basically just go in there and lift either speed / bands or heavy or try to hit x% for a certain number of reps. ( I have a training log too I will figure out how to post it)

That's why I'm here - to read all your posts, try to ask questions and create my own programs that have a goal, stop messing around and add some weight to my total.

Any help is welcomed and appreciated :)

Welcome to TID. If you agree to keep a training log I would be happy to help program.

What are your PR'S currently? And is anxiety what is stopping you from competition? Anxiety about what part of it?

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Picked the bestest place ever to learn. Welcome and get after it smartly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic