Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

NOW whey protein isolate

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I've been really eyeballing this protein lately. I'm not huge on protein powders no more since I feel most are garbage, underdosed and filled with unecessary fillers. But I'm gonna try to restore my faith that there are good ones out there worth a damn. I like this unflavored one and the fact that there are only a handful of ingredients. So far Amazon has the best deal on this for 59$ for 82 servings and 24g a scoop of protein.

29m7vxg.png

19l4qu.png

wrxuld.png

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Soy? Eewwwwwww!
im working on a bacon protein powder. Should be out early 17

Reactions: 5.0
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I drank ON for years .Its the only powder I liked

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Now has some of the best products on the market minus the expense. I'm sure that protein is almost as pure as the label states.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Now has some of the best products on the market minus the expense. I'm sure that protein is almost as pure as the label states.

Yea I'm very surprised by all the positive reviews, considering they aren't a big name supplement company like BSN, Dymatize etc. I think this might be one of the best kept secrets out there. No flashy labels or packaging. Just quality product.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
RAIDEN make sure you let us know how it is. Haven't taken protein powder in a while such a love hate thing. Helps you get more protein but just get sick to death of it. Plus Another powder to get all over the counters.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I have used. Very good protein powder. Top notch quality.

SuperBane

SuperBane

Jun 29, 2013
I drank ON for years .Its the only powder I liked

I just switch from ON to Animal whey. Stuff mixes easy and tastes great. Similar profile.

I was set to order some of this NOW brand until I seen the soy. Going to have to double check all my other labels.

edit: it says less than 1% on the soy. Definitely going to order if Animal isn't still buy 1 get 1 50% off.

i was using cellucor which was very hit or miss (flavor) and the powder had a very cake mix consistency. Shakes mixed up very thick. Trutein the same way and they used to amino spike heavy. (The same brands wheyology vanilla flavor mixed with milk tasted exactly like an old Mickey D's milkshake from back in the day.)
bpi was so nasty I threw it into the trash.

love syntha 6 and muscle milk but those are more along the lines of meal replacement shakes.

the animal whey is a little thicker than ON 100% gold but not too thick like the others.
Love the banana flavor and the vanilla is actually decent for a protein powder.

just an fyi.

Last edited:
Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I have used it many times, good deal and tastes great. NOW products usually are very competitive on most supplements when you buy individual ingredients compared to proprietary blends some companies use. I use there NAC and Ubiquinol daily.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I just switch from ON to Animal whey. Stuff mixes easy and tastes great. Similar profile.

I was set to order some of this NOW brand until I seen the soy. Going to have to double check all my other labels.

edit: it says less than 1% on the soy. Definitely going to order if Animal isn't still buy 1 get 1 50% off.

i was using cellucor which was very hit or miss (flavor) and the powder had a very cake mix consistency. Shakes mixed up very thick. Trutein the same way and they used to amino spike heavy. (The same brands wheyology vanilla flavor mixed with milk tasted exactly like an old Mickey D's milkshake from back in the day.)
bpi was so nasty I threw it into the trash.

love syntha 6 and muscle milk but those are more along the lines of meal replacement shakes.

the animal whey is a little thicker than ON 100% gold but not too thick like the others.
Love the banana flavor and the vanilla is actually decent for a protein powder.

just an fyi.

Just about every whey product including ON has a small amount of soy. On the other brands like ON I think it's listed as soy lecithin. It's just an common emulsifier.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have switched over a few years back to WPC-90 unflavored which is what this is. You will be very happy. It adds almost no viscosity to your drinks. I can add 1 full scoop to 8 oz of milk and almost not tell I am drinking anything but milk.

One thing I have been doing is I still keep around flavored pro's. I will add 1/2 scoop to 8 oz of milk for flavor and then a full scoop to 1 1/2 scoops unflavored isolate. Mixes great! And is not thick at all.

I go through a lot of this stuff and the NOW is as good a protein as you can buy. And when you break it down to $/g of actual protein, it is actually cheaper than most "bargain" brands which have all kinds of junk fillers. Great great stuff and makes hitting macros easy. Bought in the 10lb "mega pack" the price is even better.

For flavor a great thing is 8oz milk with 1 1/2 scoops whey, add vanilla extract and a few stevias, or equals. Cinnamon and sweetener also makes a AWESOME shake.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I have switched over a few years back to WPC-90 unflavored which is what this is. You will be very happy. It adds almost no viscosity to your drinks. I can add 1 full scoop to 8 oz of milk and almost not tell I am drinking anything but milk.

One thing I have been doing is I still keep around flavored pro's. I will add 1/2 scoop to 8 oz of milk for flavor and then a full scoop to 1 1/2 scoops unflavored isolate. Mixes great! And is not thick at all.

I go through a lot of this stuff and the NOW is as good a protein as you can buy. And when you break it down to $/g of actual protein, it is actually cheaper than most "bargain" brands which have all kinds of junk fillers. Great great stuff and makes hitting macros easy. Bought in the 10lb "mega pack" the price is even better.

For flavor a great thing is 8oz milk with 1 1/2 scoops whey, add vanilla extract and a few stevias, or equals. Cinnamon and sweetener also makes a AWESOME shake.

Yea I'm really looking forward to mixing this with a few different things. I've recently switched to almond milk and will be adding a scoop of this in. Thinking of mixing it with Gatorade. I'm thinking that might be a decent post workout drink. Another one I'm thinking of is 14-16oz water, oats, bluberries, non fat Greek yogurt, scoop of protein and cinnamon. So many things you can do with it since it's unflavored.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic