Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Kickstarting with EQ and sust

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
I don't know about Sust being a mild testosterone. Sustanon is a combination of 4 different esters, so if you were to have any sides it would be difficult to pinpoint whats causing the side effects. Which is actually the reason we recommend running test alone for a first timer (as opposed to the EQ with it).
That being said, Sust is and always has been my favorite form of test; and I would even say it's good for beginners and for those "first cycle gains"
Get yourself a good AI in case of any flare ups, and lay out a good PCT and you will enjoy it

Since the Sust is a blend of different esters, how about switching the sust to test E or C alongside the EQ..and concerning the EQ should I really drop it, I mean I like the sound of it and I've seen gains from EQ that's why I opted for it, but if there are particular reason I should drop it I'll take your advice.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The reason many advise just test for a first cycle is that you want to "turn one knob at a time." So if your first cycle is multiple compounds and you have (1) great gains, or (2) bad sides, how do know which compound you're responding well to, or which compound is causing the bad sides? It's really hard to tell. You're going to respond well on a first cycle, and a simple test only cycle is the traditional KISS (keep it simple stupid) protocol. Throwing in EQ is not a terrible thing to do, but it's really not needed.

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
The reason many advise just test for a first cycle is that you want to "turn one knob at a time." So if your first cycle is multiple compounds and you have (1) great gains, or (2) bad sides, how do know which compound you're responding well to, or which compound is causing the bad sides? It's really hard to tell. You're going to respond well on a first cycle, and a simple test only cycle is the traditional KISS (keep it simple stupid) protocol. Throwing in EQ is not a terrible thing to do, but it's really not needed.

Yeah do make some sense to me now, how about test C only and what are the dosages.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Yeah do make some sense to me now, how about test C only and what are the dosages.
Test Cyp would be ideal for your first. 500-600mg a week. Start your PCT about 21 days after last pin.

mands

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks bro.
Would pyramiding do any good?

Muz92, not trying to bust your balls here, but what's the deal with pyramiding questions? Has somebody told you that some IFBB pro pyramids his dosing or something? Just curious to know where this is coming from. I'm not saying that no one does this, but it's certainly not common, and I don't see the value in your hormone levels going up and down during the cycle.

If you choose to do something like test cyp, which has a long ester, for example at 500mg/wk, your test levels in your bloodstream will slowly increase over a period of about 4-5 weeks, and then stabilize. They will then stay relatively stable for the remainder of the cycle, and then slowly decrease once you stop pinning. If you pyramid, especially with a long ester, the long half-life will pretty much smooth out any substantial changes in hormone levels in your bloodstream. Not saying that won't vary, but likely won't vary too much. And if they do, can you tell me what is the benefit in terms of gaining muscle?

I know I've seen pro cycles with them changing esters, and changing doses, and all that. Quite frankly, I don't see the point, and for a beginner that's going to grow like a weed on a first cycle with hard training and a good diet, I just see pyramiding as unnecessarily complicating things.

It doesn't have to be complicated to be effective.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
This pretty much sums up what I was gonna say.
As far as this pyramiding you're contemplating, I would advise to just keep it simple your first run. After you get a couple cycles and some experience under your belt then you can play around with different protocols, dosages, compounds, etc..
But in the meantime just enjoy the first run and dont complicate it. Years from now you'll look back and say "that was awesome" and you'll wish you could reap those first cycle gains again

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
Muz92, not trying to bust your balls here, but what's the deal with pyramiding questions? Has somebody told you that some IFBB pro pyramids his dosing or something? Just curious to know where this is coming from. I'm not saying that no one does this, but it's certainly not common, and I don't see the value in your hormone levels going up and down during the cycle.

If you choose to do something like test cyp, which has a long ester, for example at 500mg/wk, your test levels in your bloodstream will slowly increase over a period of about 4-5 weeks, and then stabilize. They will then stay relatively stable for the remainder of the cycle, and then slowly decrease once you stop pinning. If you pyramid, especially with a long ester, the long half-life will pretty much smooth out any substantial changes in hormone levels in your bloodstream. Not saying that won't vary, but likely won't vary too much. And if they do, can you tell me what is the benefit in terms of gaining muscle?

I know I've seen pro cycles with them changing esters, and changing doses, and all that. Quite frankly, I don't see the point, and for a beginner that's going to grow like a weed on a first cycle with hard training and a good diet, I just see pyramiding as unnecessarily complicating things.

It doesn't have to be complicated to be effective.

It was just simple curiosity and for the sake of learning because I've heard so much of the pyramiding stuff for a while and I thought I might ask your opinion about it. I find your advice really helpful. Great to get advice from you guys.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It was just simple curiosity and for the sake of learning because I've heard so much of the pyramiding stuff for a while and I thought I might ask your opinion about it. I find your advice really helpful. Great to get advice from you guys.

You're smart to ask questions before getting started. There's a good bit of experience here, and everyone wants you to succeed in reaching your goals. The cycle will definately work well for you. Don't forget to have a good diet in place. You'll want to be running a caloric surplus to take advantage of the cycle. For some they can eat just about anything and it works, but I'd stick with relatively clean diet at about 40/30/30 breakdown of protein/carbs/fats.

If you have a regular metabolism, you likely have a maintenance daily calorie expenditure of about 15kcal/lb of lean mass per day. If you're looking to gain muscle, you'll want to bump this up to about 18-20 kcal/lb of lean mass per day. Break the total number of calories into 6-7 meals per day. It'll be easier to get all those calories in that way. Don't forget to get some good nutrients into your system before bed. You're growing when your body is at rest. Makes no sense to eat dinner at 6pm and then fast until morning. Eat another meal at 9pm or so, so that your body has the fuel/nutrients as it rests during the night.

Also, make sure you have your PCT set up and everything you need in advance. It's no good to have a great cycle only to lose 80% afterwards. Also, keep yourself hydrated.

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
Just recovered from an accident, injuries were pretty bad, hopefully went through it.
It's been 4 weeks of rehab and I can now perform at my usual pace. Sadly, I might not be able to compete at this contest in November, which gives me more time to get myself ready. Just to be sure about the cycle, below is a layout of what it's gonna look like.

Week 1-12

Monday 250mg testE
Thursday 250mg testE

Post cycle therapy starts 21 days after last pin as suggested by mands

Week 1-2 (first 2 weeks)

Clomid at 50mg ED

Week 3-4 (last 2 weeks)

Nolvadex at 20mg ED

I'm thinking of adex EOD throughout the 12 weeks in case gyno comes up, or nolva would do the thing. Let me know what you think. I'm a bit unsure about the pct, if you guys can recommend me something solid would be great.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic