Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Kickstarting with EQ and sust

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
If you had to do a first cycle with the two given compounds (EQ & sust) how long would you extend it for, as I heard EQ was quite a slow process gear and should be backed by a test compound for maximal effect. I personally opted for EQ as its like a permanent thing and results are quality muscle. Assuming you had to do a cycle with these how would you proceed in terms of dosage and for how long, give me your best.

Stats:
Age 23
182 cms height
88kg
12% bodyfat
Gymrat, hitting each muscle group twice a week (high metabolic rate and my body adapts well to it)
5 good years under the belt.
Moderate dieting

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Would likely depend on what your goals for the cycle are. I'm also assuming this will be your first cycle? Most would suggest just going with test and holding off on the EQ until later down the road. I will do the same, and recommend you run the sust as follows:

Weeks 1-12:
Sust 500mg/wk, pinning 250mg M and 250 mg Th
PCT

If you are going to run the EQ anyways, then do the following:
Weeks 1-16:
Sust 500mg/wk
EQ 600mg/wk
Pin them both at the same time.
PCT

Alternatively:
Weeks 1-2
Sust 500mg/wk
EQ 1200mg/wk
Weeks 3-14
Sust 500mg/wk
EQ 600mg/wk
PCT

The thinking on the last one is as follows: a 16 week cycle is pretty long for a first cycle, and front loading the EQ will get your levels up and stable faster so that you can run the cycle a bit shorter. Some people don't agree with this, but I do.

If you are a hard worker in the gym, and you have your diet together, you should be able to lock in a solid 10-15 pounds (about 6-7kg) of muscle (I'm thinking 15) after PCT.

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
Would likely depend on what your goals for the cycle are. I'm also assuming this will be your first cycle? Most would suggest just going with test and holding off on the EQ until later down the road. I will do the same, and recommend you run the sust as follows:

Weeks 1-12:
Sust 500mg/wk, pinning 250mg M and 250 mg Th
PCT

If you are going to run the EQ anyways, then do the following:
Weeks 1-16:
Sust 500mg/wk
EQ 600mg/wk
Pin them both at the same time.
PCT

Alternatively:
Weeks 1-2
Sust 500mg/wk
EQ 1200mg/wk
Weeks 3-14
Sust 500mg/wk
EQ 600mg/wk
PCT

The thinking on the last one is as follows: a 16 week cycle is pretty long for a first cycle, and front loading the EQ will get your levels up and stable faster so that you can run the cycle a bit shorter. Some people don't agree with this, but I do.

If you are a hard worker in the gym, and you have your diet together, you should be able to lock in a solid 10-15 pounds (about 6-7kg) of muscle (I'm thinking 15) after PCT.

tommyguns2, yeah this is my first cycle and I intend to put on some serious mass, preparing for a contest in November. I liked the EQ for the first run as I don't want to mess with them hormones so badly like any other compound actually does, I learned the EQ is more of a cell volumizing compound, but you seem to know a lot more than I do so I'd take your advice, how about pyramiding the sust during the 16W alongside the EQ ?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't respond well to EQ, so I don't ever run it. Others, however, love it and run it with every cycle no matter what. I'm not sure whether EQ acts as a cell volumizing agent. It increases RBC (red blood cell) count, so many people get higher blood pressure, and good vasculariity when running it. I think it's less harsh than some other compounds, but you're going to be shut down no matter what you run after 12 weeks, so you're going to have to run PCT in any event.

If you're trying to put on mass, you'll get more out of running deca for 12 weeks than EQ. With deca you could run 500mg sust and 400mg deca. It's harsher and you definately want to have a solid PCT in place. But you're going to respond well to anything, since this is your first cycle. The general consensus is to keep it simple with just test (sust). I don't see any benefit from pyramiding your dose throughout. I would just keep it steady.

The key to success on your first cycle is to have a strong diet in place. You want to be at a caloric surplus to make sure you have the calories in your system to grow.

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
I don't respond well to EQ, so I don't ever run it. Others, however, love it and run it with every cycle no matter what. I'm not sure whether EQ acts as a cell volumizing agent. It increases RBC (red blood cell) count, so many people get higher blood pressure, and good vasculariity when running it. I think it's less harsh than some other compounds, but you're going to be shut down no matter what you run after 12 weeks, so you're going to have to run PCT in any event.

If you're trying to put on mass, you'll get more out of running deca for 12 weeks than EQ. With deca you could run 500mg sust and 400mg deca. It's harsher and you definately want to have a solid PCT in place. But you're going to respond well to anything, since this is your first cycle. The general consensus is to keep it simple with just test (sust). I don't see any benefit from pyramiding your dose throughout. I would just keep it steady.

The key to success on your first cycle is to have a strong diet in place. You want to be at a caloric surplus to make sure you have the calories in your system to grow.

Yeah exactly, that's what I thought, it'll my first pin and my body would respond well to it that's y I wanted something solid !
What PCT would you recommend for the 16w EQ/ susta ?

Nice bottom line btw..!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm going to have to defer to others on PCT. I've never actually cycled. I competed as a natural, and then started gear at about age 40, and since then have been on full-time at TRT doses. So I've never run a PCT. However, having said that, PCT is as critical to keeping your gains as your diet and gear and training are to building the gains in the first place.

The general rule is to start it a certain period of time after your last pinning, with that time frame delay based on the ester you're running. PCT will last about 4 weeks I believe. Again, I must defer to those with experience in this area. Good luck!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I have always run Clomid and Nolvadex for pct. Clomid at 50mg ED for the first 2 weeks and then at 25mg ED for the last 2 weeks along with 5 weeks of Nolvadex at 20mg ED. Always had success with that protocol. There are plenty of stickied threads about PCT and beginner cycles on this forum.
For what it's worth, I'm in agreeance with Tommy that you should just run the Test alone for your first cycle and see how you react to that (and recover from it) before adding other compounds. And if you don't know how to PCT or have the PCT drugs on hand before you start pinning then you shouldn't pin at all. Just my .02

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
All good advise here! I do have a question or two. Why Sust for your first cycle? Why not a single ester like Cyp or Enanth? These would be easier to transition into PCT and a little quicker too.

mands

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
IMO front load the EQ and Sust EOD, but I know how my body responds.

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
All good advise here! I do have a question or two. Why Sust for your first cycle? Why not a single ester like Cyp or Enanth? These would be easier to transition into PCT and a little quicker too.

mands

I believe sust is a mild test that doesn't mess the crap out of my natural hormones, correct me if I'm wrong you guys know better than me anyway.
I just want to keep side effects away so I'm opting for mild compound to throw in.

M

Muz92

Jan 17, 2014
I have always run Clomid and Nolvadex for pct. Clomid at 50mg ED for the first 2 weeks and then at 25mg ED for the last 2 weeks along with 5 weeks of Nolvadex at 20mg ED. Always had success with that protocol. There are plenty of stickied threads about PCT and beginner cycles on this forum.
For what it's worth, I'm in agreeance with Tommy that you should just run the Test alone for your first cycle and see how you react to that (and recover from it) before adding other compounds. And if you don't know how to PCT or have the PCT drugs on hand before you start pinning then you shouldn't pin at all. Just my .02

I've learned a bit about pct, so far the taximo is kind of the jack of all trade, ai if gyno turns to be an issue and stuffs, it's just I'm not sure since I don't think EQ would turn to be that worse, all I'm worried about is the sust.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I don't know about Sust being a mild testosterone. Sustanon is a combination of 4 different esters, so if you were to have any sides it would be difficult to pinpoint whats causing the side effects. Which is actually the reason we recommend running test alone for a first timer (as opposed to the EQ with it).
That being said, Sust is and always has been my favorite form of test; and I would even say it's good for beginners and for those "first cycle gains"
Get yourself a good AI in case of any flare ups, and lay out a good PCT and you will enjoy it

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic