Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

To those who think Genetics determine size?

A

Amaru

Sep 3, 2014
Genetics is typically the deciding factor in the top tier of bodybuilding. Is it an absolute? No. But it's factor is very strong.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
The first three guys had kidney failure so they don't count. Gunter downsized and still looks great. Look at more recent pics of Cornier. He looks great. I don't really know what you guys expect... these guys to stay 300 lbs off the shit in their 50s?

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Genetics over everything, period. There are so many factors that research has no reason, medically to look into. Yes HGH, slin, gear, diet and hard training matter. But if you do not have the genetics, you won't make it, period. I dare anyone to test this theory with themselves. You can't just become a pro bodybuilder because you want to and work hard and run a bunch of gear. If its that easy, do it.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I don't get the point of this thread.

Genetics don't determine only the amount of muscle a mans frame can hold but other things too like, narrow waist bones, large clavicles, the shape of muscle bellies, the length of bones, insertion point of muscles (like lats and calves) etc. I was a very skinny kid too but I managed to gain over 60lbs over the years and I still have visible abs.

What does insertions have to do with ANYTHING? All muscles originate/insert in the same location(s). If you honestly believe origin/insertion points differ from pro to regular joe, you'll believe anything, LMFAO!

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
But on the same note.. what if we were to can see Carl Lewis run the 100m sprint today ?

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
What will be interesting is the results of the twins, one going to international space station and the other residing here in AZ for 365 days. they're going to study their DNA and genetics. They say they're identical twins. More Studies.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Interesting comparisons. Thanks for posting!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

What does insertions have to do with ANYTHING? All muscles originate/insert in the same location(s). If you honestly believe origin/insertion points differ from pro to regular joe, you'll believe anything, LMFAO!

but can you find anything that states every person has exactly the same insertion point locations? What I mean is, person A and person B both have an humerus 12 inches long. Person A's origin and insertion are are 3mm more distal and/or proximal. So do we have any research that states this isnt possible to happen? It seems, as different as everyone is, and as much as our bodies vary, that this seems pretty likely. Can you prvide evidence of otherwise.

Honestly, I have studied anatomy in school, but this was a subject that was irrelevant to my training, so I don' have any formal education on the matter. I also can't seem to find anything that says this is true or false.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010

Some people have high lat insertions, some have low lat insertions. Some people have high calves some peole low calves. That's what I meant.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Cool article and pictures but what does this have to do with saying genetics don't play a huge role in bodybuilding? It looks like another anti steroid article saying their hard work "is all steroids"

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
It's all about genetics. Why do some women have double D breast and some A cups? Or why is my pole bigger and longer than IronCore... jinetix

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic