Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

To those who think Genetics determine size?

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Genetics is typically the deciding factor in the top tier of bodybuilding. Is it an absolute? No. But it's factor is very strong.
Again I'm not talking about elite bodybuilders...just talking about size now in comparison to size before Dorian came on stage in 1993.
Size of the elite pros as well has change dramatically since 1992 and before. Insulin and HGH is what my point is.
Human Genetics hasn't change in 10's of thousands of years.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Genetics over everything, period. There are so many factors that research has no reason, medically to look into. Yes HGH, slin, gear, diet and hard training matter. But if you do not have the genetics, you won't make it, period. I dare anyone to test this theory with themselves. You can't just become a pro bodybuilder because you want to and work hard and run a bunch of gear. If its that easy, do it.
Not talking about competition...not talking about who looks better than some one else...Talking about size and what has changed over the years.
People who love to blame genetics for the freaks are the ones who can't/don't know how to get that big...most everyone can get that big...
but very few can get that big and win those beauty contests also known as Bodybuilding competitions.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
^^^calls BBing competitions beauty contests, but does crossfit^^^^

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
^^^calls BBing competitions beauty contests, but does crossfit^^^^
But his name does start with tit...and who doesn't like tits????

Last edited:
biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
With all that's been said. I too don't see the point of the article really.

these guys were all well past their natural limits in regards to the amount of muscle mass they were holding.

anyone that has ever gotten to the point where their body achieves this level of muscle mass knows that it becomes next to impossible just to gain a single pound. You have to fight tooth and nail to gain....drugs or not. Force feed and train like a mother****er.

stop all this insanity....the drugs, the force feeding, the training and your body will do everything in its power to reduce all that hard earned muscle. It doesn't want it. It's takes too much energy to maintain it. It would rather have fat that takes little to any energy to sustain and can be stored for a time of need. Our bodies have functioned like this for thousands of years.

so guys trained incredibly, ate incredibly and did a bunch of drugs....then stopped and got smaller. They also got old which certainly didn't help anything at all.

put them beside their old pics and of course they look tiny.

Genetics of course plays a role...to which extent will be debated until the end of time. While this article and these pics provide fodder for discussion and debate....it neither proves or disproves anything.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I thought long and hard about it... how can Woddy Allen end up in nasser's size. then i realized what kills the competitive BB's career, health damage and injury. If one can stay healthy and injury free then i think all can attain size of Victor Martinez's size with enough drugs. doesn't mean they'll look like BB's.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
It's nonsense of course genetics determine size

this is the reality :

genetics determine = how you respond to training , eating and yes drug use

just because they stopped using and have shrunk down doesn't mean what the article suggests ... If it were as easy as using drugs and training (most of us have done) we would all be 250-270lbs but not close trust me I've tried .. Largest I ever got was 245lbs and it was NOT lean and I was heavily cycling ... Just not in my cards, never will be

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
There were just not that many bodybuilders. Besides the strides we have taken in science, diet, training, drugs, etc.. There was not as many people doing it. If 3x as many people were bodybuilding, we would have found someone to beat Arnold. These days a lot of people are trying it and discovering their genetic potential.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I've known little scrawny f*&#@! that started training then juicing and after a few years and a few cycles were pretty damn big. Yep they put in the work like anyone that loves training puts in the work and with some consistent shots of test, they grew. Yet the guy(s) that were already well built but never cycled and kept training hard still remained a significant amount smaller than the previous scrawny dude.
I believe genetics play a bigger role for natty's. Not saying all you need are drugs and training to get huge but that added benefit of drugs can go a long way for most guys.

On the other hand that doesn't mean if you take the same amount of drugs as a pro you're going to be just like him. Dorian talks about how come everyone (pros) are all taking the same stuff and about the same amounts but he's won Mr. O 6 times and they haven't. How come? His diet, his training made up the difference.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've known little scrawny f*&#@! that started training then juicing and after a few years and a few cycles were pretty damn big. Yep they put in the work like anyone that loves training puts in the work and with some consistent shots of test, they grew. Yet the guy(s) that were already well built but never cycled and kept training hard still remained a significant amount smaller than the previous scrawny dude.
I believe genetics play a bigger role for natty's. Not saying all you need are drugs and training to get huge but that added benefit of drugs can go a long way for most guys.

They remained smaller but if they took the same gear the other took they would blow by him. Like a friend of mine says you have chihuahuas and you have rottweilers. A geared up chi will never be as big as a geared up rotti. Plain and simple. They take the same and voila... rotti wins every time. That's genetics.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
They remained smaller but if they took the same gear the other took they would blow by him. Like a friend of mine says you have chihuahuas and you have rottweilers. A geared up chi will never be as big as a geared up rotti. Plain and simple. They take the same and voila... rotti wins every time. That's genetics.

You're right. So genetics it is. Mystery solved ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic