Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

To those who think Genetics determine size?

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Great side by sides.... That's what I call a transformation.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You see how fast some of those pros get huge though? Even with drugs, that amount of growth they get in such a short period is nuts. Arnold at 17, Cutler at 19 etc. They were jacked as shit with just a few years, bigger than some on this board with a lifetime of lifting and drugs.

Remember, genetics are also about how well you respond to drugs, not JUST weight lifting.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Genetics don't determine only the amount of muscle a mans frame can hold but other things too like, narrow waist bones, large clavicles, the shape of muscle bellies, the length of bones, insertion point of muscles (like lats and calves) etc. I was a very skinny kid too but I managed to gain over 60lbs over the years and I still have visible abs.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
My point is its not just roids...
Look back in the early to mid 80's see how they looked back then... size wise?
Then look at early to mid 90's, what change the look? More roids?
Well, yes to some degree but the big change was the dramatic increase in HGH and insulin usage.
Thats what makes the comparison from 80's to 90's till present day so different in size...HGH and Insulin !!!
Genetics didn't change from the 80's till present day.

Want2lift

Want2lift

Jun 12, 2012
Isn't that a bull shit article? Flex wheeler is still competing and jacked isn't he?

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
..edited...
I guess you cant delete posts?

Last edited:
Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Isn't that a bull shit article? Flex wheeler is still competing and jacked isn't he?

How is it bullshit? In what way do you disagree?
I'm comparing the size differences from the 80's to today, not bodybuilding in general.
I'm saying size is chemically dependent much more than any other genetic factors.

Genetic factors always play a role, sure.
Some people can get bigger than some other people. Yes.
But over all size differences have changed over the years.
I'm saying the new factor in the size difference is not more roids, we all know there is a point of diminishing returns with just roids.
The new factor ( really, not so new) High levels of Insulin and HGH. That is the new and different factor that started around the time Haney was leaving and Dorian was moving in.
Thats not a genetic factor.
If you want to get into the shape of a competing level Bodybuilder you must use HGH and insulin in the correct ways.
This is and has been known among the elite BB's for years.
Just taking roids wont work, if you want to be a professional level BB and win professional contests that is.
Flex probably still trains and uses drugs to maintain his current size, what ever that is.
I know he is in no way the shape or size he was.
But to start talking about Flex we must then start talking about the age factors.
Age in the sense most pros who have been busting their ass for 15 + years are just tired of playing the hustle game and quit around age 40.
Not necessarily because they cant look good after 40-45. they can and do.

Last edited:
Want2lift

Want2lift

Jun 12, 2012
Not disagreeing with you Bro. Just saying, The article shows before and after pics. I was just looking at Flexs after pic, but Flex doesn't look like that now. There is lots of BS on the Internet, I'm just questioning the validity of the pics.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Not disagreeing with you Bro. Just saying, The article shows before and after pics. I was just looking at Flexs after pic, but Flex doesn't look like that now. There is lots of BS on the Internet, I'm just questioning the validity of the pics.

Flex Wheeler last competed in 2002. Not sure why you think he is still competing.

The combination of genetics and steroids etc. is what makes the freaks, the freaks. I know guys at my gym who take 3 times more than I have ever taken and all you can tell is that they lift weights......that's about it.....all 198lbs of them.

Want2lift

Want2lift

Jun 12, 2012
Ok my bad on the competing part, that's why I asked. How ever his recent pics he still looks good. I big time agree about gear users. Most times their physique level isn't even close to what it should be for the large doses they run. I am also a big advocate of moderate dosages with the focus being on diet and training. To many people think to short term. BB'ing is a marathon, not a sprint.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic