Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Steroid abuse and death..................coincidence ??? Randy Savage and Wrestlmania

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think there is consensus that AAS abuse is bad. Where there is disagreement is what constitutes AAS abuse.

With all the doc monitored HRT, it looks like 200mg/wk test forever is not abuse. What about 500mg/wk forever? 750mg/wk forever? This is where formal research and trials using various common steroids would be extremely valuable.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Your blood work WILL tell you when there is abuse!!! People who don't get blood work just don't care, and have a much higher chance of ABUSE.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Your blood work WILL tell you when there is abuse!!! People who don't get blood work just don't care, and have a much higher chance of ABUSE.

hey jdjack, what pieces of the blood panel, in your opinion, would indicate abuse? Is near the high end or low end of a range abuse, of is off the charts high or low abuse?

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010

True and not true. While blood markers are not 100% indicative of whats going on they do give a broad overview.

My husband gets a nuclear stress test done every 5 years because he had heart surgery when he was a child. He can see very artery, heart pump capacity and if there is any enlargement. Blood work will tell none of those. The reality is most, not all, but most, AAS deaths come from heart attacks, most likely from clogged arteries. Blood work will show almost none of that.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I'd be really surprised if good bloodwork was constant, incl lipid panels, and there was a problem. You are correct that blood work won't show physical damage, but if there aren't signs beforehand when a person is being careful to do their due diligence, then that would be a first I've heard of. Basically how can something 'just show up' without signs, it doesn't.

Also if there is normal BP, then there wouldn't be enlargement.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
hey jdjack, what pieces of the blood panel, in your opinion, would indicate abuse? Is near the high end or low end of a range abuse, of is off the charts high or low abuse?

Well just saying you need x, y, and z would be a dis-service to anyone. It's more complicated then that. However, getting a CBC, UA, and lipid panel would cover many things. Now if someone is doing this themselves then they should know what the values are normal, and what they're being tested for. If the person doesn't have the ability to do this then they should be going to their primary for this.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I'd be really surprised if good bloodwork was constant, incl lipid panels, and there was a problem. You are correct that blood work won't show physical damage, but if there aren't signs beforehand when a person is being careful to do their due diligence, then that would be a first I've heard of. Basically how can something 'just show up' without signs, it doesn't.

Also if there is normal BP, then there wouldn't be enlargement.

This is completely false as my husband has BP of 110/70 always has and still had an enlargement issue.
He also has a dead spot on his heart as well from a heart attack that he never knew he had.

Blood work is fine and gets pulled every 3 months because he is on HRT and synthroid.
I honest believe most BS about getting their blood work checked.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
This is completely false as my husband has BP of 110/70 always has and still had an enlargement issue.
He also has a dead spot on his heart as well from a heart attack that he never knew he had.

Blood work is fine and gets pulled every 3 months because he is on HRT and synthroid.
I honest believe most BS about getting their blood work checked.

Unfortunately, I think this is also true. Even I am guilty of not getting bloodwork done as often as I should.

This is most likely because people do not enjoy paying hundreds of $ for something that they can't "see" make an improvement on their body. But in reality it's the only thing you can use to know where you're at as far as health.

Last edited:
Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Unfortunately, I think this is also true. Even I am guilty of not getting bloodwork done as often as I should.

This is most likely because people do not enjoy paying hundreds of $ for something that they can't "see" make an improvement on their body. But in reality it's the only thing you can use to know where you're at as far as health.

I agree completely here. But it is money well spent. Fortunately for us it is all covered by insurance because of HRT and his thyroid issue.

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
I respectfully disagree with you on this point. Recs are hyuge in the BB world. I've been to more than enuff promoter parties with piles of coke on the bathroom counters and bar-tops, all gratis for our "guests." X-tabs litter the table tops and everybody gets some xanax to cool out for the ride home....at 11am the next day. With that said I have never seen a top-level IFBB cat in any of these suarets, but the lower level guys are all over the shit. It a well kept dark side of the industry.

I agree with Mayo on this one. I've been around more than a few mid level competitors who at the time had pupils the size of dinner plates.@-)<:p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic