Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Steroid abuse and death..................coincidence ??? Randy Savage and Wrestlmania

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I think there is consensus that AAS abuse is bad. Where there is disagreement is what constitutes AAS abuse.

With all the doc monitored HRT, it looks like 200mg/wk test forever is not abuse. What about 500mg/wk forever? 750mg/wk forever? This is where formal research and trials using various common steroids would be extremely valuable.

This has been posted on a lot of boards but gives some insight, although it doesn't show long term effects on cardiac output and health.

even at 600mg wk side effects were minimal to none.600 mg administration resulted in 2 side effects. HDL was negatively correlated and 2 men developed acne.

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Let me add a disclaimer before every member with an NPC card jumps my ass......The above account is what I witnessed in my time working with various supp companies and other businesses involved in bodybuilding. It is only my account and in no way suggests that this is what you do in your off time.

Yeah sure alot of guys jump on painkillers, bain was big for a long time, but its not near as prevelant in WWE or wrestling, training w pain is nothing compared to being on the road and getting your ass thrown on too a mat or out of a ring that has high potential for injuries and a paycheck depending on you being able to do it night in and night out.
Im not saying that bbers dont abuse recs but nothing like the wrestlers, my buddy used to watch Benoit pop pills by the mouthful before his matches, says he just chewed them like popcorn and washed em down with some h20.
Any at any rate, who the fuck are we fooling? Sedentary people eat shit, smoke, drink and put themselves at risk for a whole different set of lazy ass reasons, my ass will take my chances on AAS before I smoke drink and eat shit food for 20 yrs....if Im a betting man I know who I will bet on outliving the other.
I look at most people who walk around this planet and something or another they do or a vice they have will kill them...even the yoga nazis and the organic haters will die of something.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
This is completely false as my husband has BP of 110/70 always has and still had an enlargement issue.
He also has a dead spot on his heart as well from a heart attack that he never knew he had.

Blood work is fine and gets pulled every 3 months because he is on HRT and synthroid.
I honest believe most BS about getting their blood work checked.

Ok so what would he have an enlarged heart from? Is he an extreme athlete? What is out of the 'norm'? There is something. It doesn't just come out of thin air.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Ok so what would he have an enlarged heart from? Is he an extreme athlete? What is out of the 'norm'? There is something. It doesn't just come out of thin air.
This
Athletic heart syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Which can lead to this
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
in some people.

More to do with lower resting heart beats. Fact is blood panel alone is not a great predictor of heart disease.

Most of the wrestlers you will see live out their last years as broken down pieces of meat. They are not a real sport so if a company decides to scape goat some of its superstars for popping for drug use, they can do it. They don't need to report their top stars for steroid or any drug use. They will really only do it when it becomes an issue related to work. Specifically about the article where it mentions suicide, murder and overdosing, more and more information is coming forth about the repetitive injuries to the head of wrestlers which cause something like Altzheimers or Lou Gherigs disease.

It's one of the reasons why chair shots to the head and a lot of stuff that involves head trauma is being weeded out of pro wrestling.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
ABSOLUTELY correct, BUTTTT...

The reason the athlete has an enlarged heart is from exercise-induced HYPERTENSION. If you train alllll the time then you will have an enlarged heart ...from increased blood pressure. Its just normal for them. Nothing unusual about it.

They may have normal resting BP, but because they train all the time have caused a enlarged heart. I guess we can just add in a stress test to this to see how the function of the ole' ticker is doing. But I'll have to disagree when you say a blood panel is not useful. IMO it is, and MAJORITY of doctors use it to diagnose for a reason.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010

They are not 100% sure actually. He had heart surgery as a kid and they dont know if it is a side from that or not. He also supposedly had a heart attack that he was unaware of. He is honest with his Dr and they know what he does. So with the nuke stress test every 5 years he can at least monitor heart pump volume, size and artery clogging.

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
Great points made in the article.. Everything in moderation..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic