Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Steroid abuse and death..................coincidence ??? Randy Savage and Wrestlmania

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
And that is why I stated: "I truly do believe that low cycles at reasonable doses are manageable long term with little to no long term adverse side effects."

Interesting read regarding OTC substances as well relates imo to AAS usage:

Many people believe that anything available over-the-counter is automatically safe, but all medications have their risks. Acetaminophen (AAS?) is a very safe drug, yet excessive amounts are still dangerous.

Acetaminophen and Liver Damage

In appropriate doses acetaminophen is a very safe drug , as long as it is not combined with alcohol. The problems arise when either taking an overdose or large doses in the long-term. Both of these can lead to liver damage.

Acetaminophen is in fact the leading cause of acute liver failure. There are about 450 yearly deaths from acetaminophen overdose in the United States, about half of them unintentional. Some lucky ones are saved by quick liver transplants.

I wasn't disagreeing with you my dear ;) I was just stating it in a different way to voice my opinion. Thank you for both articles!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Maybe it's relative to the diet... What else do AAS users have in common besides AAS use... Massive amounts of foods, especially meat.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
You obviously don't remember Barry Bonds gains in cranial girth as his baseball career progressed :p

I struck his ass out when he went on a AA one game rehab assignement a few years back....so, I got a better view of that massive dome than most people, lol (he hit a massive homerun off me in the next at bat, but shhhhh, lol). But, really most people blow it out of proportion. He only went up a single hat size. His head was still smaller than my gigantic 7 7/8 domepiece, haha. I think the Growth hormone and IGF he was taking had more to do with that growth than AAS did.

He wasn't even running that high a dose of anything besides Methyl Tren and GH.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I wasn't disagreeing with you my dear ;) I was just stating it in a different way to voice my opinion. Thank you for both articles!

I just reread it and still read it as we agree. I must be having a blond moment.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
For people to honestly believe that there are no long term side effects from prolong AAS use are just pure ignorant. Like anything that is ABUSED there are consequences. I truly do believe that low cycles at reasonable doses are manageable long term with little to no long term adverse side effects. This is all based on observations and I am not stating it as scientific facts. From the people I knew on the boards to the wrestling stars and body builders many many are dead at way to young an age.

I have to find it but I believe there is a stat that shows body building is the most lethal sport for early death. Main reason: AAS
But you know how the argument goes, "there is no death certificate that states cause of death: AAS"

This is true, however in the case of the wrestlers they hardly live a healthy lifestyle, narcotics, painkillers, alchahol are all pretty much standard of living, I have had some friends who wrestled in the WWE and ECW and they have told me stories, guys party like theres no tommorow and abuse the hell out of a ton of shit gear included, that will kill you fast as hell.
Look at the bbers from 1991, what statistic do we have on their livelyhood and how many of them have died since....its a relative comparison to bbing but not an acurate one.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Valid point but there are a ton of dead BB'rs that were not into the recs as you mentioned.
The wrestling industry is ripe for partying and drugs, not as much in the BB'ing world and we know a bunch of young dead guys from the boards.

I respectfully disagree with you on this point. Recs are hyuge in the BB world. I've been to more than enuff promoter parties with piles of coke on the bathroom counters and bar-tops, all gratis for our "guests." X-tabs litter the table tops and everybody gets some xanax to cool out for the ride home....at 11am the next day. With that said I have never seen a top-level IFBB cat in any of these suarets, but the lower level guys are all over the shit. It a well kept dark side of the industry.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I respectfully disagree with you on this point. Recs are hyuge in the BB world. I've been to more than enuff promoter parties with piles of coke on the bathroom counters and bar-tops, all gratis for our "guests." X-tabs litter the table tops and everybody gets some xanax to cool out for the ride home....at 11am the next day. With that said I have never seen a top-level IFBB cat in any of these suarets, but the lower level guys are all over the shit. It a well kept dark side of the industry.

Ok I was unaware of that and appreciate the correction. I would have thought they were more health minded. My bad !!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011

interesting

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Let me add a disclaimer before every member with an NPC card jumps my ass......The above account is what I witnessed in my time working with various supp companies and other businesses involved in bodybuilding. It is only my account and in no way suggests that this is what you do in your off time.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Let me add a disclaimer before every member with an NPC card jumps my ass......The above account is what I witnessed in my time working with various supp companies and other businesses involved in bodybuilding. It is only my account and in no way suggests that this is what you do in your off time.

To late bro........
You basically stated we are a bunch of coke snorting, ecstasy popping, xanax taking users.....no back peddling now LOL

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Er, uh, weeellll....can I start my 1 day ban now?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic