Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The wolf pack journal

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
"Bending get the bar" works well for me also with shoulder pain but i usually keep my feet on the bench.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Glad u found sumthin that works for u

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
wolf pack journal 8-6-14

today sucked.
my bench is just frustrating
deads stalled
squats tired.

warm up:
elliptical: 15 min.
box jumps: 18 in x 10 x 1
head circles: 25lbs x 10 x 1

Bench:
135x6x1
185x3x1
195x3x1
205x2x1
190x3x3

Deads:
315x1x1
405x1x1
425 --> missed x2 --> think this was related to something pinching in my neck. my right hand and arm kept giving out. seeing the chiropractor tomorrow.

Broke my first rule of powerlifting --> never miss a lift. I was so friggin' mad I just had to try again.
missing the 425lbs wore me out for some reason but felt like I needed to do a minimum of squatting just to stay in the groove.
tomorrow will start off with deads so I'm fresh.

Squats:
315x3x1
365x2x2

Kept to a strict rest period of 3 to 4 minutes. may move to a strict 4 minute rest period.

Shoulders felt much better. still a little pain but it's just left over stuff.

the wolf

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Wolfy thats actually a pretty great day! So it was off a little still you moved a lot of iron! Hope the chiro goes well. Come back and hit it again!

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
will hit it again tomorrow. will get better sleep and take in more protein before training. Chiro always helps. Much thanks.

Wolf

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wolf what training program are you running?

If a lift has stalled or two have then you might need to change some things.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I'll tag along looks like this will be a good log off to a great start.

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
Excellent reminder. I'm using a program created by Pavel Tsatsouline (sp). I also use a program I developed over the past 12 years that I used when I was fighting. I call it the core lifts program.

The pavel program is:

do cardio for warm up.
you first lift starts 5 or 10 lbs heavier than your last 3RM
If you can't get it go to your 3RM
each day add five or 10 pounds then on the 9th day ratchet back to 80% of what you lifted on day 8. Now repeat the process for as long as you can keep it up.
In this program you only do deads, squats, and bench and you do them every day.
If you want to add size then after you hit your 3 RM then you go back to 70% and do as many sets of 5 reps as you can with 1 minute rest period.

The core lifts program:

each day represents a lift not a body part.
Monday squats: do several sets of 3RM
once you're done with squats pick 6 or 7 exercises that support squats such as box jumps, leg press, lunges, etc and do 3 sets of 6-8.

Tuesday do the same thing with Bench
Wednesday do the same thing with Deads
Thursday rest

Friday do all three lifts per the pavel routine.

I think I'm stalling mainly because I'm trying to push to fast with weight I've never worked with before. I'll slow down and try to do the program stricter. Should help. Will also need to increase my rest period with some of these weights to maximize strength. Also need to slow my ego down and stop trying to get a PR every time I lift. thus I must strike a balance between hardcore motivation and leaving my ego at the door.

I workout at a gym with a bunch of college football players and sometimes the desire to keep up with people 20 years younger than me with far fewer injuries over-rides my good sense.

I'm still happy with gains I just need to settle down a little.

Wolf

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
This great wolf!!! I really learned something here plus it's a kick ass workout !
Good show bro!

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Keep up the great work, congrats on your squat pr!

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
Wolf Pack Journal 8-7-14

After doing some research last night and thinking through my program I made some changes today.

1. increased my rest period and being strict about sticking to it.
2. decreased my sets and stopped pushing for max lift.
3. be more strict about never lifting to failure --> always get the lift.

today's training felt much better than yesterday's. Chiropractor explained to me what was going on with my shoulders and showed me how to fix it.

Workout:

warm up:
elliptical: 15 min.
heavy bag: 4 min.

deads: 385x3x2
385x2x1

bench: 195x3x1
190x3x2

squat: 385x3x3

total time including warm-up: 1hr. 30 min.
total sets: 9
total reps: 25

everything felt strong.

the 5 min RP really helped, especially with pain and soreness.
warming up on heavy bag was a good way to get arms and shoulders activated.

the wolf

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
wolf pack journal 8-8-14

Pretty much a meat and potatoes workout today. some low energy and struggled with focus but not a bad day of training. was a little bit pushed for time so skipped my warm-ups.

deads:
385x3x1
385x1x1 --> right hand grip kept giving out. I think from end of the week fatigue
365x3x1

bench: bench felt very solid today with no shoulder pain.
190x3x2
190x5x1

squat: --> skipped my last set cause I just lost focus and didn't want to hurt myself.
395x3x2

overall, everything felt pretty good. I have nerve damage in my right hand from a neck injury (from fighting) so losing my grip once in a while isn't unexpected, plus my body is still recovering from the previous two weeks of volume work.

I'm real happy with my squats, my spotter is waiting until I'm below parallel to give me the lift signal so my squats are nice and deep. Monday I'll be increasing squats and bench by 10 lbs. Going to leave deads at 385 until I can get 3x3.

Overall it's been a good week of lifting and training.

have and awesome weekend
Darrin "The wolf" Coe

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic