Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

The wolf pack journal

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
wolf pack journal 8-24-14

Wow!! my new schedule has thrown me totally outta whack. I haven't lifted for 11 days now. sadly my body hurts a lot less. It's been very tough calling up the energy to get my butt lifting. all my energy goes into preparing for my classes and delivering lectures which are a bit of a performance for me. My entire schedule covers the whole time that the gym on campus is open so no lifting while I'm at work -- sucks.

on the positive side the campus martial arts club started training and I got a good workout in on Thursday; did some grappling with one of my students who is 6'3" and weighs 320lbs. I think he was a little surprised the old man could hang with him (I currently weigh 250lbs --> the powerlifting comes in handy).

also on the positive side I've acquired more weight for my home gym --> enough to get a good solid maintenance workout until I can get some more weight. I've got about 375lbs now = good solid workout in the home gym. hopefully my next post will include an actual workout.

if you stumble into the manure pile use it for fertilizer

Dr. wolfy

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
Just a quick update.

Still having trouble getting back into a regular training routine. Have been doing more training but nothing at the level I was this past summer. Have been doing a lot of MMA coaching with college students and I'm able to hit the weights about twice a week. have been doing maintenance lifting at 70% 1RM for now until I can re-establish a routine. Have been working very hard on my squatting to get consistently below competition "parallel". feel like I'm trying to pick up grapes with my butt. Going very low requires me to currently reduce my working weight, which is why I'm staying at about 70% for the time being.

much love
Dr. Wolf

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Keep at it!! I'm watching your log!

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
yesterday I managed to get into the gym and it felt great. been having a lot of back problems so I skipped doing dead lifts and instead I substituted Kroc Rows and Pendlay rows. I've also recalculated my 1RM based on going much lower into my squat meaning my weight has dropped by my squats are much more competition focused. Also had a strength trainer check my form and spend some time cuing me so I could get some muscle memory going. So my weight is less but my form is more precise and more prepped for competing.

yesterday's workout:

kroc rows:
70 x 8x1
105x8x1
110x8x1
110x6x1

squats:
315x3x1
215x5x5 --> done low enough to pick up grapes with my butt and done with a 2 sec. pause at the bottom

Bench:
135x8x1 --> more precise movements done with a 2 second pause at the bottom

Pendlay Rows --> 185x6x2

really feeling the effects of the rows today without my back screaming at me.

Dr. Wolf

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Nice pauses on the Squat and bench. Sounds like you are really in the hole on the squat!
Great work pushin some heavy iron!

T

thewolf

Jul 22, 2014
I'm helping some students start a strength training club at the college where I work. I'm encouraging them to join the forum here, due to having found a really supporting and educating place.

Dr. Wolf

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
That sounds great! Tons to learn here!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic