Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

What is the Best protein

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Troll? What about my tempered and logical post was trolling? I don't come here to stir up drama, and I'd like to see the threads that have interest to me stay drama free. That's why I was less than pleased to see this thread get marred by your personal attacks.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Anything with 1,3 at a decent dose is good in my book. By far my favorite stimulant, I stocked up on OG Dexaprine before it was discontinued, use half a cap if I plan on staying up all night

Hyde always gave me insane energy, never tried the old angel dust though

I will agree Dexaprine was unreal :) :) :)

Troll? What about my tempered and logical post was trolling? I don't come here to stir up drama, and I'd like to see the threads that have interest to me stay drama free. That's why I was less than pleased to see this thread get marred by your personal attacks.

I dont want to stir up drama..but when my credibility is attacked..then I defend it. I am not pleased to be part of drama either...and I don't like to insult people, but what do you expect when my experience and information that I give is insulted? I didn't just stumble onto the protein I use blindly.

I don't hold grudges and I'm not going looking to keep this thread a shit show. I agree. I am shutting up now, only positive things from here on out.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Im not a scientist but aren't you sending him the same bucket of sand you were complaining bout?
Ultra Peptide 2.0 (Xtreme Formulations)

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.

Ingredients
Protein Blend: (Pure Undenatured Low Temperature Processed Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Isolate), Sunflower Oil, Sodium Caseinate, Mono And Diglycerides, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Silicon Dioxide, Fructose, Rice Oligodextrins, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Dutch Cocoa, Maltodextrin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Modified Food Starch, Creatine Monohydrate, Potassium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin, Acesulfame-K, Sucralose

Directions
For a great tasting shake to be used as a high micellar casein content protein snack or convenient meal replacement, mix one serving of Ultra Peptide 2.0 in 6-9 oz. of cold water or milk. For best results use a shaker bottle or blender. If a blender is used add 2 ice cubes for a tastier shake.​

That does not contain a silicate ester, it's used in the microencapsulated EFA's, without it you'd have small bead feeling things and it would be grainy.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Forgive my density but I can't find silicon dioxide on their ingriedients. You think they left it out? I'm looking for a good protein myself but everyone seems to have their favorite. Bodymekaniks had stated Mutant Whey, you posted a different Mutant product, just trying to get the facts straight..apples to apples ?

That does not contain a silicate ester, it's used in the microencapsulated EFA's, without it you'd have small bead feeling things and it would be grainy.

Container Size: 2270g
Serving Size: 1 scoop (36g)
Servings Per Container: 63

Amount Per Serving:

Total Calories: 140
Protein: 22g
Total Carbohydrates: 5g
-Sugars: 1g
-Dietary Fibre: 1g
Fat: 3g
-Saturates: 0.3g
Sodium: 90g
Potassium : 250mg

Typical Amino Acid Per Serving:
Alanine: 2.3g
Arginine: 0.8g
AsparticAcid: 4.4g
Cystine/Cysteine: 1.1g
Glutamine & Glutamic Acid: 7.6g
Glycine: 1.2g
Histidine: 0.7g
Isoleucine: 2.8g
Leucine: 4.8g
Lysine: 4.0g
Methionine: 1.1g
Phenylalanine: 1.3g
Proline: 2.6g
Serine: 2.2g
Threonine: 2.8g
Tryptophan: 0.7g
Tyrosine: 1.5g
Valine: 2.4g

Ingredients

NitroSerum (Unique Membrane Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate/Phospholipid Complex), Micro Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate, Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate, ActiNOS Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Bioactive Peptide Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Dispersion Controlled Complex (Inulin, Xanthan Gum, Whole Oat & Soybean Powders) Glutamine peptides (from Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein), Natural and Artificial Flavours/Enhancers, Potassium Citrate, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Soya Lecithin.

Last edited:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

XF makes some good products. I have a few tubs of their arctic lemonade sitting in my closet. (just waiting on summer ;) ). Never tried UP2.0 though(people seem to rave about it. I always thought the powdered EFA's were a neat concept. Never knew how they did it.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Graniteman - They add glycine and glutamine which may pad the total protein count

Macgyver - The sodium caseinate encapsulates the EFA's, when mixed with water it disperses them throughout. UP 2.0 is very smooth and my usual go to, along with PES Select, Beverly UMP, and Oxyelite Protein

T

trinitysurf

Mar 10, 2014
Further up the thread it was mentioned that silicon dioxide is used as a flow agent for inferior proteins. Is it known that lower quality protein powders don't flow smoothly? I'd be inclined to think that almost any protein in a powdered form would have difficulty flowing per se. Just curious if there's a definitive answer out there. Still think this is a solid thread

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Further up the thread it was mentioned that silicon dioxide is used as a flow agent for inferior proteins. Is it known that lower quality protein powders don't flow smoothly? I'd be inclined to think that almost any protein in a powdered form would have difficulty flowing per se. Just curious if there's a definitive answer out there. Still think this is a solid thread

It reduces clumping

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Diesel money is tight right now. What would you recommend as the best compromise between cost and effectiveness? Just stick with the "dog food" bags of EAS? Been using cottage cheese as a cheap replacement to whey as much as possible.

T

trinitysurf

Mar 10, 2014

It reduces clumping

Gotcha on that.

What I'm interested in however, is whether it's known if clumping is a characteristic of cheap protein sources as you mentioned up thread or just protein sources in general. I was interpreting your post (below) to be speaking directly to cheap/inferior/low quality proteins and was curious if there's truly a known difference in flow properties between various quality protein powders. I'm inclined to think that they're all pretty similar regardless of quality but don't know for sure. If that's the case, I'd imagine that a protein powder could have silicon dioxide in it regardless of quality so that it could flow better during manufacturing.

3. It is used as a flow agent for cheap protein sources (similar to those cheap powders with a "Gut Health" complex, its not for gut health, its to ward off any GI stress from the poor quality.)

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Is True Protein still around? I think it was them (or someone else) where you could literally customize your own protein from flavors, amino and other stuff.
yes (sorry so late) Trueprotein is still around and you can still customize your own blend.
i got some of my best results from ON ProComplex too, for what its worth.

i still agree with SAD and Shortz though when they say no supp will compare to whole foods. i admit i use protein powders to make up those extra cals and protein my diet lacks

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Protein sources that come from whole food is hands down the best. But I do use some cytosport whey protein from time to time if I have a sweet craving or just need to get macros in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic