Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

What is the Best protein

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I used to think protein powders were the "end all, be all" of supplements I needed to make gains when I first started lifting, used think I needed 5 shakes a day. To think of all the money I wasted, here's a big fukk you to the supplement companies that duped me, what an idiot I was.

But wait R, were not the "supplement companies" responsible for your epiphany? I mean without that experience how long would it have been before realizing you have "been duped"?
:)
Respects
Jim

S

SD1959

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
Who has the best deal on a quality casein and/or milk protein isolate?
Thanks,
Sd

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
There is one thing ya'll are missing; Whey and other proteins are all supplements, which are under almost no regulations at all. Labels in this industry don't mean shit, because 99% of them are a ****in lie.

Look how pathetic these lab results come out to. Even the best ones are pathetic. THIS Is why you should be eating more food!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

this test is over a 2 years or so old. It was carried out by someone from bodybuilding.com and who knows the accuracy of it. It has one major flaw before the testing ever started. The tester had others send him samples of the protein, he did not purchase them all. So there is possible error right there. Someone could have doctored a sample and sent it. How was it sent? In original packaging or in a ziplock bag? Bait and switch technique used? Another thing to note is that certain brands were deliberately not tested. For instance, True Protein aka True Nutrition. The guy responsible for sending samples for testing backed out for reasons unknown. You have to trust who you buy stuff from.

For instance, the Gaspari results are not surprising. Their factory was shut down by the FDA for several weeks in 2011 for violations on products including certain thyroid boosters damaging people's thyroids and the super pump was causing colitis in as many as 30+ users. Can sugar really cause colitis? The FDA didnt think so in regards to super pump. The industry is what it is, UNREGULATED. There has to be a level of trust with whom you give your money to. Just like the world of gear. Just shop wisely and you'll never need the results of this flawed testing.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I can't believe this thread is still going. Protein discussion here reminds me of PCT protocols. Everyone thinks theirs is the best,and nothing else will not work..every other option is garbage even if they have never tried it..its ridiculous.

Still kills me to see people questioning protein shakes, or comparing to whole foods intake as if a true athlete is simply going to stop eating food altogether and only consume protein shakes..not only that but generally speaking whole food contains to anyone with a brain, more vitamins, minerals, fats and carbs as well as a significant amount of calories more. If any comparison could be made it should be "meal replacement" shakes versus whole foods.

So let's play devils advocate with the "experts" here... compare pepto pro aka hydrolyzed proteins to whole foods..aka predigested formulas..anyone care to say whole food is better then that?? Where is all the talk of rates of absorption??

Also play it again..lets compare liquid preparations to whole foods. My years in the hospital I saw various formats of liquid protein and nutrition given in various formats to treat sick patients, or patients who otherwise could not eat, and it was considered equally as effective as whole foods by doctors and accredited medical organizations. Also on the pediatrics wards, in addition to real life, doctors often gave babies and children's liquid nutrition, protein preparations as well as baby formula, which also, when need be can come as pre-digested proteins , alimemtum for example, for better absorption, faster absorption. So let me get this straight..the medical community sees liquid nutrition and proteins in liquid forms, as effective and in some cases, and in other cases, more bioavailable and more beneficial to sick patients with poor health and babies who are growing ...but some people here find them to be a "waste of money"?

Studies for years have shown in medical settings that protein in liquid form as well as when additional nutrients are added to it, are equally as beneficial as whole foods. Liquid protein has been shown to be as beneficial as complete proteins that you get from whole foods. Likewise hydrolized proteins, pre-digested proteins have been shown to be more beneficial then whole food protein sources since they are more quickly and easily absorbed with less digestion occurring and they are more bio-available then whole foods.

These are used to treat patients with serious surgeries or wounds because they heal quicker then with whole foods. They are also used to speed the health of patients...this includes in patients who "can" eat and digest whole food.

This is also part of the reason pepto pro and hydrolized proteins are part of intra-workout shakes, because again, absorption times=faster recovery=more growth.

So what is the best protein? The one that you prefer that is high quality, and that you consume on a regular basis in addition to your normal food intake.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'll just go with......I make better gains, and look better, when I eat more whole food, and use protein shakes sparingly.

I've been on a liquid diet before, and I lost 30 pounds total, including a ton of muscle, and wound up weak as hell. Nobody will ever convince me that liquids can replace solids for a normal person.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
They blatantly list it on the label. Silicon dioxide = Sand

Silicon Dioxide Is found in most supplements I believe ?. Its not sand as such, Its a chemical found in rock and sand and helps prevent ingredients sticking/clumping together, this gives a better distribution of even mix. Its aslo inert (will not interfere with any active ingredients) .

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
ON Pro Complex is the best protein blend out there.
i used to agree with this until i started customizing my own blend at True Nutrition (formerly True Protein).
whey isolate, casein, whole egg protein, and sweet potato powder is the perfect blend for me with my metabolism.
and its like $30 cheaper shipped

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Very similar to my blend, minus the sweet potato.

BR1217

BR1217

May 29, 2014
I use Syntrax Nectar and Matrix most of the time, when I don't use them I use Extreme Edge whey isolate made by Bue Bonnet. These are very good proteins that actually test out and don't use fillers, with the exception of glutamine peptides found In Matrix.

H

Hypertrophy3

Jul 8, 2014
K, remember that? LOL! Damn, seems like yesterday!! But on a serious note, that NOW protein powder is a good buy. Where can I find it? Wal-Mart? Website?

L

Louis

Scammer
Aug 1, 2014
I keep using PHD and Nutrilite whey protein take them in combine with cold milk and honey
can't tell the difference, but PHD sometimes give me a lost bowel, if you know what i mean````

CYInnerathlete

CYInnerathlete

TID Lady Member
Jul 27, 2014
Try the SFH line, I am big on no artificial ingredients, and or ingredients that are added and don't do anything for protein synthesis and muscle building, and they individually test every single bag of protein powder for quality and pureness. They have a couple of types of whey protein products.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic