Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Favorite PWO drink/shake

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
Well, as I said, unless you're a multiple time national record holder, and have bit the same pound for pound numbers as I have, you're not going to embarrass anyone.

So back to the original question- I got flamed, so why are you all up in my shit? Why don't you ask her to back off since she attacked me? -EK

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Lol sweetie I am a world class competitor and yes i do hold alot of titles .

Now bench isn't my thing I compete using functional strength maybe we should pull a bus for time or something.
My point being don't bring male vs female shit into this.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Now let the man's leg go TG. Heel. Heel.

Jk

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Well, as I said, unless you're a multiple time national record holder, and have bit the same pound for pound numbers as I have, you're not going to embarrass anyone.

So back to the original question- I got flamed, so why are you all up in my shit? Why don't you ask her to back off since she attacked me? -EK

Attack LOL only attacking i do is to the big boys on this board and in a good way ;) graniteman LOL
i don't think you fall in my category sorry.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Eknight, your cool in my book. Neither of us was going to change our opinions. No hard feelings.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Last edited:
tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Sorry Turbo i can make things escalate fast LOL its in my blood >:)

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Have benched pressed three times my bodyweight, with a pause, in a sanctioned meet, drug free. Think I'm doing just fine. All the drugs you're on, and you'll never do that. Ever. Guess you'll keep scrambling around trying to discount actual clinical literature while simultaneously telling people they're ignoring science. -EK

Well..if you weigh 80 lbs soakin wet that's quite a feat.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Attack LOL only attacking i do is to the big boys on this board and in a good way ;) graniteman LOL
i don't think you fall in my category sorry.

I would Thank you for this compliment but I'm all out!!! I think he's been schooled up, he went and pissed off the women of TID!!

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
Rotten- can't imagine that I would need to pull a bus for any reason in my life, so that incorporates "functional strength" about as much as having a great bench press. One is your forte, the other is mine. Go ask a physical therapist how "functional" either of those things are and see what she or he says.

And for the record, I didn't bring "male vs. female" into this. For reasons known only to you, you interjected into a conversation that has nothing to do with you. My point was that bashing a natural and claiming that I "scramble around" trying to reach my goal when she knew nothing about me was idiotic. I've had no problems reaching goals that neither she, nor most people, will ever reach- male or female.

As for the window of opportunity, this is basic nutrition 101. It doesn't exist. It's been proven to be a myth for a decade, so I'm not sure why people cling to it. I'd be happy to read any peer-reviewed journals indicating that it isn't mythical.

I can only presume that if no one will believe me, perhaps they will believe Alan Aragon, who is recognized as a leader in exercise nutrition: http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5

"Despite claims that immediate post-exercise nutritional intake is essential to maximize hypertrophic gains, evidence-based support for such an “anabolic window of opportunity” is far from definitive."

He goes on to point out that, unless you train fasted, "immediate post-exercise protein dosing for the aim of mitigating catabolism seems redundant."

And finally, "The next scheduled protein-rich meal (whether it occurs immediately or 1–2 hours post-exercise) is likely sufficient for maximizing recovery and anabolism." -EK

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic