Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Favorite PWO drink/shake

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm in hiding till Jan, ill work up a little test plan when I get home and see how it goes. I have some magic vitamins I have been waiting to use....:)

Haha nice! Keep us poster brother

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2013
2 scoops chocolate whey, 1 half carton eggbeaters. 100 grams of protein in a delicious shake.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
50g Karbolyn
30g Hydrolzed WPI
10g Leucine
10g Berry/Greens powder.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I don't eat enough fruits and veggies so it makes good sense to supplement. I also don't take multivitamin anymore as the greens cover it (whole food nutrients too)

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
I just have 40 grams of protein with mixed nuts and wild pink salmon.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I don't eat enough fruits and veggies so it makes good sense to supplement. I also don't take multivitamin anymore as the greens cover it (whole food nutrients too)

Which greens product do you like?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Which greens product do you like?

I used BerryGreens from New Chapter exclusively for about 10yrs til they up and killed it. It was perfect a formula. LEF Mix from Life Extension Foundation is the Caddilac formulas but too expensive IMO.

Now I use Garden of Life Perfect Food RAW Organic Green Super Food "Chocolate Cocao". I like to use chocolate Hydrolyzed so this flavor blend quite well and tastes great. It has a real good nutrient profile. It's anywhere from $25-30 for 30days.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
I've never tossed casein in my post shake. How's that work for ya? I have used blends before and I liked that but felt there wasn't enough total whey in it for me. I've been using a mass gainer lately and have loved it, but will soon be switching when I start preparing for my cut.

Straight whey just gets absorbed too quickly to really be of any use. Unlike lots of supplement studies, the literature is pretty straight forward on this- blends of whey and casein are absorbed and utilized better, and keep both MPS and blood amino acid levels elevated longer. Several studies have shown better results in strength and body composition improvements.

Someone here mentioned glutamine? Just....why? Unless you have a GI issue or some form of cancer or disease, supplemental glutamine has been shown to be of no value to bodybuilders or strength athletes. Not sure why this particular supplement won't go away. *Shrugs* it's like tribulus for test boost. Not gonna happen. -EK

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic