Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Favorite PWO drink/shake

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
What is your favorite or go to PWO drink and why? Looking for responses geared more towards nutrition and recovery purposes rather than taste.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
2:1 casein to whey ratio shake mixed in skim milk. Whole food meal shortly thereafter. -EK

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I've never tossed casein in my post shake. How's that work for ya? I have used blends before and I liked that but felt there wasn't enough total whey in it for me. I've been using a mass gainer lately and have loved it, but will soon be switching when I start preparing for my cut.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Guilty. No post workout shake for me. I run to dinner. Im still of the fence on PWO if I'm going to eat 30 min later.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Guilty. No post workout shake for me. I run to dinner. Im still of the fence on PWO if I'm going to eat 30 min later.

I haven't been doing a post workout shake either lately.

I used to do 1 scoop of whey protein and 8oz orange juice.

I'm not sure if there is any benefit to a post workout shake or not. Are there studies that show a pwo shake is beneficial?

I usually just eat about an hour after the gym.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I haven't been doing a post workout shake either lately.

I used to do 1 scoop of whey protein and 8oz orange juice.

I'm not sure if there is any benefit to a post workout shake or not. Are there studies that show a pwo shake is beneficial?

I usually just eat about an hour after the gym.

I think it just comes do to that anabolic window everyone is concerned with. I mean they say whoever they are its around 2 hours. Im not getting on stage so I'm not as OCD as they have to be to be the best. It's working for me. I actually like a few different intra workout drinks. There are studies that so benefits with them. It will take me a while to dig through my archive files to located that one. In need to categorize them better....

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm sure there some studies out there but I've read so many articles contradicting each other, like most topics in this industry. I used to just hit a whey shake PWO and eat about 20-30 mins after. For the past two months I've been hitting a mass gainer with pretty balanced macros in it and waiting until about an hour later to eat. I have definitely noticed the difference in the two methods for myself and goals. I really like the whey alone though post workout. But mainly I just like something liquid PWO for faster absorption, so I can combat any catabolic response from my workouts as soon as possible before getting to my meal

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
50 grams whey
70 grams dextrose
10 grams creatine mono
10 grams bcaa
10 grams glutamine

Whole food meal one hour later.
I'm running Novolog with this.

Some will argue against putting extra bcaa or glutamine but the cost is pretty low so I cover all bases.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I'm sure there some studies out there but I've read so many articles contradicting each other, like most topics in this industry. I used to just hit a whey shake PWO and eat about 20-30 mins after. For the past two months I've been hitting a mass gainer with pretty balanced macros in it and waiting until about an hour later to eat. I have definitely noticed the difference in the two methods for myself and goals. I really like the whey alone though post workout. But mainly I just like something liquid PWO for faster absorption, so I can combat any catabolic response from my workouts as soon as possible before getting to my meal

Totally understand. I did it for years back when I was trying to add weight. Was training with some power lifters was kinda following their lead. I mean in moderation were talking 25 grams of protein and 25-50 carbs. 200-300 calories. Not a big issue in the grand scheme of things. Got me thinkin, maybe I'll do a second round of PWO. It's been 10 years since I have tried it. Hmmmm
And 10 years ago I was AAS free so different circumstance.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
50 grams whey
70 grams dextrose
10 grams creatine mono
10 grams bcaa
10 grams glutamine

Whole food meal one hour later.
I'm running Novolog with this.

Some will argue against putting extra bcaa or glutamine but the cost is pretty low so I cover all bases.

Sund like a good mix bro. I leave the extra glut amine and bcaas out usually. I feel that what is in my shake is usually enough for me, but individual differences come into play of course. I love creatine, always been a big fan of it. It's in the mass gainer I take now. It's actually Arnold's new line, the iron series. It's iron mass. Was a little skeptical about it at first, but checked the label and for the ingredients, serving size, and price I couldn't find anything better for my needs.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Totally understand. I did it for years back when I was trying to add weight. Was training with some power lifters was kinda following their lead. I mean in moderation were talking 25 grams of protein and 25-50 carbs. 200-300 calories. Not a big issue in the grand scheme of things. Got me thinkin, maybe I'll do a second round of PWO. It's been 10 years since I have tried it. Hmmmm
And 10 years ago I was AAS free so different circumstance.

Damn that's a long time bro! I think you should defy give it a go, especially on cycle and see how the results are and the differences of using one and not. I imagine after 10 years without, you could definitely see the differences, if any. Give it a run bro, really curious to see your results and thoughts doing so.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I'm in hiding till Jan, ill work up a little test plan when I get home and see how it goes. I have some magic vitamins I have been waiting to use....:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic