Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

How much sleep do you get?

alexschool

alexschool

Sep 12, 2010
Not sure if there is a better area on the boards for this. But, throughout the years I have heard people say getting enough sleep is second most important to nutrition when it comes to building muscle. I try my best to get 8 hours but a busy life and schedule limits me from getting that at times and any more is pretty much out of the question. I am wondering how much sleep should a bodybuilder get and how much do you get?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Im good with 5-6 hrs and feel well. After 8+ hrs of sleep I pretty much guarantee myself a headache for most of the day.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
With a 1 and 4 year old, I would kill for 8 hours of solid sleep, I would probably wake up crippled with back pain for laying in the same spot for that long but it would be worth it. Been averaging like 6ish and I am miserable with it, even if I get 8 I am up a few times with the kids every night.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
I get about 8 hours on the average, sometimes after a hard training session i nod of while watching tv for 2 of those hours.

But you are looking good in that photo so you must be doing alot right.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I work until 1a, home in bed by 2a up @ 8a for daddy duty. 6hrs is sufficient not to hurt my body but if I get 7-8 (weekends) I feel so much better. Legs are always Weekends to maximize growth & recovery.

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
for me 6-7 hours is great.. on hgh i could sleep for 10 hours though

also got kids so sometimes 5 hours

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I get six max and am up a few times a night. I am always tired so 6 or 8 doesn't make a difference. I do play catch up on the weekends and sleep an ungodly amount.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
6-7 with a couple wake up and pees built in. Not enough.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I shoot for 7 at least but I sleep like shit most nights so I have no idea how much I really get! Most days don't feel rested upon waking. Thinking of doing one of those sleep studies :)

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I am happy if I can get 7. My body also won't physically let me get more than that either. My sleep patterns are all over the board, a day or two of good followed a bunch a crappy nights where I just sleep like I have 1 eye open....

Last edited:
the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
I'm happy with 7 most of the time 6 though. Up every morning at 5am for work and usually in bed around 1030-11. I stay pretty good with that...if not I take a little energy supp as a pick me up lol

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I've not been a good sleeper my entire life. 5 hours seems to work unless I'm sick or have been up for a few days working. Your body adapts but genetics also play a role in how much you truly need. I've been told my entire life that lack of sleep was going to age me......well.....at 50 I'm still kicking.

Also, I learned to power nap at a young age. It came in handy with some of my jobs and also when I was a single parent. 10 minutes and I can rule the world if I need to.

My Wife on the other hand needs her sleep. She kicks my all all the time for not sleeping.....but like LK said.....I'd probably be a cripple if I stayed in bed for 8 or more hours.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic