Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

IFBB physique Pro Jilly Reville to have open heart surgery in 2 week

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
From what i read she had a stroke during the Olympia weekend. Having symptoms of blurry and partial loss of vision
Once she saw a doctor she realized how serious it all was, they not only told her she had a stroke, but also discovered a hole in her heart (birth defect called called Patent Foreman Ovale). I hope see gets better soon she was great at the O

1393722_715058155188696_640589799_n.jpg

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
wow that is serious business, wish her the best!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
That's terrible. I hope all goes well for her. I'm glad her doctor didn't just say "it's all from the PEDs you take." Or, it's from the diet or diuretics. Glad to see they found the route of the problem.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
That's terrible. I hope all goes well for her. I'm glad her doctor didn't just say "it's all from the PEDs you take." Or, it's from the diet or diuretics. Glad to see they found the route of the problem.

im sure they said that at some point. they all do.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Very lucky that she got medical attention when she did.i have always said women genetically have better shape delts than males.look at the women comps and very rare you see them with weak delts.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My wife had a PFO repair via thoracotomy (through the left rear rib cage) and the only lingering issue is a visible line through her lat from where they went in. Sending healing thoughts her way.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
My wife had a PFO repair via thoracotomy (through the left rear rib cage) and the only lingering issue is a visible line through her lat from where they went in. Sending healing thoughts her way.
DID she need a chest tube ??

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
She had drains in place for a short time but nothing long term. The incision site is noticeable on stage, but not so much that it hurt her overall back appearance and/or strength. Rehabbing from a stroke is a whole different ball game, I wondered if they TPA'd the clot or if she had the surgery to removed it?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Derp to answer your question, no chest tube as I recall but she did have a small pneumothorax during the healing process, but it resolved spontaneously.

J

jillyrev

IFBB Pro Lady Member
Sep 16, 2013
hi there!
Just thought Id jump in and say hello, and thank you for your support in this crazy time.

Mike_RN, I am sorry your wife had to deal with this too. I wish I could do the same surgery she had, or the other way through the artery in the leg. I guess because of the nature of the hole I need to have the surgery through my chest. ugh!

I am very lucky the stroke was mild and I have no lasting sides. Luckily I am so healthy and have never had any health issues prior to this. And luckily I don't drop do much water before a show. I actually was on the way to the airport in NY to get to Vegas when my vision started to go bad.

My surgery is on October 30th. thanks again for your support! :)

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
hi there!
Just thought Id jump in and say hello, and thank you for your support in this crazy time.

Mike_RN, I am sorry your wife had to deal with this too. I wish I could do the same surgery she had, or the other way through the artery in the leg. I guess because of the nature of the hole I need to have the surgery through my chest. ugh!

I am very lucky the stroke was mild and I have no lasting sides. Luckily I am so healthy and have never had any health issues prior to this. And luckily I don't drop do much water before a show. I actually was on the way to the airport in NY to get to Vegas when my vision started to go bad.

My surgery is on October 30th. thanks again for your support! :)

I am sure you will be fine. Your so strong. I had a total joint replacements to both tmj joints and was wired shut for 8 months doc said I healed so fast because of my good health. I'm sure you will be the same. I look up to you and know lots of prayers are coming your way from TID. BTW great conditioning and not dropping water WOW....... TG

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic