Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Insulin use increased (x3)

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
I met with my Endo yesterday and he seen my bs had been high. I just told him I been lifting and my bs skyrocketed. He said when u lift ur androgen glands release adrenaline causing a spike in bs which makes perfect sense since my test is elevated greatly my body is releasing adrenaline. He prescribed me victoza (glp-1) and its working great on stabilizing my bs only problem is it ****ing kills my appetite to the point where the thought of food makes me sick. This is a huge problem as I'm trying to lean bulk. By this time of day I usually have eaten 3500-4000cals and so far today I have forced my self to eat about 2100 cals and most of it is protein shakes and peanut butter. I get a bite or two in on my chicken and that's all I can force down (I did manage to eat a 16oz sirloin and sweet potato last night but I can't eat at a steakhouse everynight) I may try to ride it out a couple days longer to see where my appetite is but if I don't start eating then Ill save it for my cutting cycle.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I met with my Endo yesterday and he seen my bs had been high. I just told him I been lifting and my bs skyrocketed. He said when u lift ur androgen glands release adrenaline causing a spike in bs which makes perfect sense since my test is elevated greatly my body is releasing adrenaline. He prescribed me victoza (glp-1) and its working great on stabilizing my bs only problem is it ****ing kills my appetite to the point where the thought of food makes me sick. This is a huge problem as I'm trying to lean bulk. By this time of day I usually have eaten 3500-4000cals and so far today I have forced my self to eat about 2100 cals and most of it is protein shakes and peanut butter. I get a bite or two in on my chicken and that's all I can force down (I did manage to eat a 16oz sirloin and sweet potato last night but I can't eat at a steakhouse everynight) I may try to ride it out a couple days longer to see where my appetite is but if I don't start eating then Ill save it for my cutting cycle.

Glad to hear that you went and asked your endo about it. There is a fine line between necessary information and too much information, when speaking to them about lifting and your aas use. You must have given him just enough information to give you what you needed to know and how to help fix that. These forums are very rich in information for a majority of people, but when it comes to some diseases, like diabetes, sometimes your safest bet is asking the doc.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010

And your endo determined cortisol was high by Blood Work?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Never said he did blood work?

IF he did not than he is assuming you have high cortisol off of normal HPTA function with weight training.

You have exogenous androgens (unless you have used HCG) and at a much higher dose, Cortisol is usually suppressed with exogenous androgens at the dose we use on AAS cycles. Yes high cortisol increases BS but estrogen does as well, if you have problems again use a AI to keep estrogen down, or at least use enough to keep estrogen levels from sky rocketing.

no doubt hormonal though whether it is cortisol or estrogen. Thanks for keeping us up to date, I have learned a lot on this thread.

Last edited:
Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
IF he did not than he is assuming you have high cortisol off of normal HPTA function with weight training.

You have exogenous androgens (unless you have used HCG) and at a much higher dose, Cortisol is usually suppressed with exogenous androgens at the dose we use on AAS cycles. Yes high cortisol increases BS but estrogen does as well, if you have problems again use a AI to keep estrogen down, or at least use enough to keep estrogen levels from sky rocketing.

no doubt hormonal though whether it is cortisol or estrogen. Thanks for keeping us up to date, I have learned a lot on this thread.

Thought I might add I take lisinopril for bp and its great for kidneys and at 650 test/wk my bp was 122/76

Its defiently hormonal whether its estrogen, cortisol and/or adrenaline. He never said anything about cortisol but yes he assumes my adrenaline is high from workouts with normal hpta function (didnt mention AAS). I know adrenaline isn't the same as cortisol but they are both the 2 key hormones in the stress system thus both making bs higher. Before my appt I had taken 2 shots of hcg at 250 iu with the last one being that morning. I also take aromasian at 12.5 e3d and I've started my dbol again since I started victoza (love dbol). I also am on an insulin pump and have a cgms so he can see how my bs on an hourly/6 hour/12 hour or daily time frame. I am getting bloodwork done next week so ill be sure to update with anything significant

Last edited:
Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
the cgms is the best new set up since they came out with the insulin pump. My wife uses one that links up with her mini med paradigm. It measures her blood sugar every five minutes and tells her if she is trending up, down or remaining steady. It has been a huge blessing to help her control her A1C.

Do you have problems with the site being painful after you put it in? My wife is really lean and has trouble finding an area where she doesn't scrape muscle tissue with that piece of wire that stays in the skin.

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
the cgms is the best new set up since they came out with the insulin pump. My wife uses one that links up with her mini med paradigm. It measures her blood sugar every five minutes and tells her if she is trending up, down or remaining steady. It has been a huge blessing to help her control her A1C.

Do you have problems with the site being painful after you put it in? My wife is really lean and has trouble finding an area where she doesn't scrape muscle tissue with that piece of wire that stays in the skin.

That's my biggest complaint with the cgms (I also have a mini med paradigm pump) is its painful when placing it and the piece of tubing/wire I insert seems to always be a little uncomfortable no matter what I do with it. I guess it's one of those things u take the good with the bad. I've been reading that Medtronic is coming out with an entire new system that includes a pump/cgms all in one... I don't no the details about the set up or anything but its suppose to revolutize pump therapy.... So was powdered insulin and it was a huge bust so who knows but if it all works it sounds like it would be a pretty amazing product.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
That's my biggest complaint with the cgms (I also have a mini med paradigm pump) is its painful when placing it and the piece of tubing/wire I insert seems to always be a little uncomfortable no matter what I do with it. I guess it's one of those things u take the good with the bad. I've been reading that Medtronic is coming out with an entire new system that includes a pump/cgms all in one... I don't no the details about the set up or anything but its suppose to revolutize pump therapy.... So was powdered insulin and it was a huge bust so who knows but if it all works it sounds like it would be a pretty amazing product.

My wife, about a year or two ago, found a lower profile one that doesn't bother her near as much. It disconnects and connects much easier and faster too. It comes in a pink, blue or gray cylindrical, spring loaded injector, and the tab that is left in place is also the same color. It's the Mio by Medtronic.

mio1.jpg

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
I actually switched to the mio about 2 months ago because I was having connection issues with my quickset. It's so much more convenient and like u said its alot lower profile but that's the infusion set for the pump the cgms is a separate device that has a tube that is subq and it goes quite a bit deeper and is pretty bulky compared to the pump infusion site.... I can't post a pic right now for some reason but ill try to post one when I can of what the cgms itself looks like..... What u said about the mio is very good information tho I would recommend anyone switching to the mio over any other infusion set.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Best thread I've read in sometime.

Thanks to all of those involved...well except for shine...just 'cause...lol.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
There are a lot of people talking about this newer Omnipod pump. It's a tubeless system, and the unit itself is waterproof. The only downside is, the unit itself it attached to you, but is a bit smaller than a standard pump. It's controlled via a wireless controller.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic