TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
God...
.crossfit...now thats scary LOL

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Ugh, cross fitters! The best thing I like about these people is that they think they're better than the gym, even though that couldn't be further from the truth it means they're not in my fucking way. Bit of a rant there haha

Yeah I say get her a little fired up and get her to prove herself... As far as I'm aware crossfit doesn't do much for the chest but a lot of shoulder work is in the routines.

Would love to know the stats on rotator cuff injuries from crossfit.... Just watching someone step away proudly from a set of 40 kipping pullups makes me want to pull out my Physical Therapist referral. Awesome way to jack up your rotators.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Don't know about kipping but I know for a fact many get injured from performing Oly lifts for high reps.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I've participated in 3 classes as one of my friends has become certified over the last year.

First off, let me say this.....I think it's stupid overall for what my goals consist of. No form, zero coaching and 10 minute workouts? No thanks....oh ya and a bunch of them were pushing a vegetarian diet....fuuuuuck that.

Now, to answer your question.....a couple of these guys hit the nail on the head. They are bumper weights and aren't nearly the weight of a 45. The size of a 45 I believe is 21 lbs or around there for the women on the compound lifts (snatches, jerks, cleans, deads etc).

But bullshit, I'll back the 1k bet with 20k that she can't lift 315. I'll provide a pic of the cash if she wants to see it first too....

Crossfit is like a cat.....

A cat is like a dog but gay.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Don't know about kipping but I know for a fact many get injured from performing Oly lifts for high reps.

And shit form... They have no idea what the hell they are doing...

Cross fit is bullshit.

And if they start showing up at your gym, do something about it. Make them feel unwelcome. Get rid of them quick. Because they multiply like cockroaches.

Reactions: Joy
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I'll throw my two cents in.my wife is accredited crossfit trainer.my issue and I tell my wife this if you want long jerperdy crossfit will destroy your body.reason is quite simple I see the injurys my wife has had over the 3 years she has been doing it.rotor cuff injury stress fracture in the foot torn ham and quad joint inflamation list goes on.the problem I have is that you have to do as many reps in x amount of time hense when the fatigue kicks in you loss form and the the injurys occur.some of the exercise they do a simply dangerous.ask the my physio how his business has boomed due to crossfit.i look at it like this you train to look and feel good and you want to do it as long as you can but crossfit which does have its benefits does grind the body down.like I say to my wife enjoy it while you can.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
I'll throw my two cents in.my wife is accredited crossfit trainer.my issue and I tell my wife this if you want long jerperdy crossfit will destroy your body.reason is quite simple I see the injurys my wife has had over the 3 years she has been doing it.rotor cuff injury stress fracture in the foot torn ham and quad joint inflamation list goes on.the problem I have is that you have to do as many reps in x amount of time hense when the fatigue kicks in you loss form and the the injurys occur.some of the exercise they do a simply dangerous.ask the my physio how his business has boomed due to crossfit.i look at it like this you train to look and feel good and you want to do it as long as you can but crossfit which does have its benefits does grind the body down.like I say to my wife enjoy it while you can.

Absolutely!! I know a few people who are constantly having surgery on this and that after cross-fit sessions. Little to no supervision/instruction with some of the movements that they do is just begging for an injury. Those crossfit games on ESPN made that kinesio tape huge. People are wrapping their bodies up like fucking christmas presents with that shit now. it looks ridiculous.

Last edited:
Shane1974

Shane1974

VIP Member
Jul 19, 2012
Crossfit seems ok for general conditioning, but I wouldn't want to rely on it for bodybuilding. And those crossfit people do seem rather snobbish about their regimen.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Crossfit seems ok for general conditioning, but I wouldn't want to rely on it for bodybuilding. And those crossfit people do seem rather snobbish about their regimen.

Its demands are counter productive to the goals of bodybuilding - if you want to promote hypertrophy - high rep crossfit is going to be catabolic. The end goal of crossfit is mostly conditioning - obviously its going to produce a leaner physique, but not necessarily hypertrophy. "Results" are measured sort of more in speed of execution and some amount of increasing weights, than in 1RM or muscle fullness / symmetry / strength.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Sassy spot on.the other issue I have is the culture that its created.puky the clown and the attitude they portray that there better than everyone.some people are pushed way past there limits.then there's the drug culture which many deny that exists lol.crossfit is not new.remember circuit training in the 90s.very similar.like I said before if you decide to take it up train within your limitation and just be careful of some of the exercises ring dips is one that many people have torn rotator cuff.

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Well now I'm armed with better information for the next time my crossfit friend decides to laugh at my numbers. I didn't realize they were all about high reps. I am going for hypertrophy. She's never really told me what her goals are...I'm not sure she has any beyond what those stooges must be telling her over there. Thanks guys, I knew I'd get the good info here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic