Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK

Sumo or conventional Deadlift

FLEXIN

FLEXIN

Sep 26, 2010
Sumo makes my hips feel like they're going to dislocate... Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I like the longer range of motion from conventional though.

Thats what i feel, conventional is good but seems like a long way up.

loftearmen

loftearmen

Oct 29, 2011
Has anyone here ever tried the hybrid stance for deadlifting?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Im thinking of actually rotating both deadlift techniques, I may even try training them both on the same day and see how clsoe I can get to puking.

What deadlift technique do you preffer?

Young brutha, kudos to the notion of variety, ive always stated variety is the spice of life, until everyone stole my saying lol, but no need to go overboard, one period or workout do one way, then when you go stale switch. People really shouldnt get into habit of doing anything only one way just cuz they like it. Bodybuilding is about going beyond, transcending above mediocrity, not doing a favorite exersice. I mean some peeps get so whipped they will stay with the same exercise when it injures them , through the injury. Alway train smart, listen to what your body says, then adjust accordingly

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
^"transcending above mediocrity." Hell yeah. Good vocabulary!

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Some of the best sumo lifters around train conventional, then when close to a meet, they go back to sumo.. Saves their hips.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
And we dont use Sumo in strongman so mine dl's are always conventional.I have tried Sumo a couple times and wasnt a fan.

What is the hybrid stance?

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
And we dont use Sumo in strongman so mine dl's are always conventional.I have tried Sumo a couple times and wasnt a fan.

im with u RR...not a fan of sumo..I find conventional the best way to pull...Ive trained sumo a few times...Actully i trained it alot just to build up my weak spots but as much as i did them i hatted them too.dw

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011

the hybrid stance is wider than shoulders ( hands inside knees the the start of the pull) but not super wide. Look for some videos of how Ed Coan pulled after hurting his hip/ blowing out a knee....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Funny that this got bumped today.. I was just thinking about switching to sumo for a little while and seeing how it goes.

F

Flathead

Jul 20, 2011
Both, when lifting equipped I lean towards traditional. Raw I lean towards Sumo.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Last time I tried I felt like I was going to pull a groin, I prolly should of started out alot lighter... Anyways my inner legs I feel are behind so this might be a good idea for me to mix these in.

A

avalanche

Jan 8, 2012
Conventional, for inner thighs I prefer toes out on hack squats or similar. It's amazing how rare it is to see any deadlifts in many gyms these days. Everyone seems trans fixed on isolation movements and forget the compound basics all together.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic