Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

ZERO motivation

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
With being a bber, you may want to try your hand at some pling in the offseason. You'll have to set goals and work your ass to reach them. It's a different sense of fulfillment in pling and it's more fun to be honest. It could help get you passionate about getting back in the gym and it'll add thickness like nothing you've exp before and that helps w/ your bbing.

I'm gonna hav to google piling-ing

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
pling = powerlifting.

It's just an abbreviation for the word. Some also write it like PLing.

Last edited:
mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
lol.. thanks brother cuz i googled that bad boy and got nothing!! hahaha..

i appreciate the suggestion but i honestly do NOT want to be thicker or more size... i am thinking downsizing will be my best bet... sort of the same journey sassy is on...i am waaaaaay too thick...i am waaaaaaaaaay too wide.....i am thinking i should journey back to looking more feminine... thank you so much for the suggestion though!!..

good looks

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Its hard as fuck to dump muscle. Its half cutting out the nutrition to fuel growth, any AAS still in your system is going to fight you trying to dump muscle. And then additionally burning it faster than you can rebuild it. If you can do it, HIIT cardio - sprints, plyos, etc. Crossfit if you can do it. I've got too much tendonitis / joint issues to be able to do a typical Crossfit class. I can pick & choose certain things and tone down the "speed' aspect, but its not as satisfying.

The thing I've found the best fit, because its the lifting part that I enjoy the most - is whatever variations you can find on Poliquin's German Body Comp training. Its geared towards sort of sports-specific training (which typically focuses on speed & mobility vs hypertrophy. At the very least its a nice, familiar route of transitioning to other less lifting -oriented things while building your endurance vs low rep burst conditioning.

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
sassy, i know its so hard to dump muscle.... when getting ready for the easterns last november i had to focus on getting my back alot broader.. my waist is naturally small and i have monster quads so i needed to add width on top for my shoulders and back to achieve the symmetry i desired... wasnt a problem for me because i LOVE lifting heavy..its such a rush... and now that i have to do high reps and lower weights i feel like such a girl.... :( i feel like one of those cardio chix that make me want to scream... ugh....

i have started running again so i KNOW that is gonna definitely burn muscle... but its not the only answer bcuz i still want to maintain a sculpted look...i know running must not be an option for you with your itb acting up... that is just insult to injury...

i have been tossing around the idea of crossfit, but it so damn expensive here in ny... thinking i may just do a spin off of their training in my gym...

never heard of the poliquins german body comp training, so i read up on it and it definitely seems like a route i might like to take....

as always, thanks for the info and the support :)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Just don't try to teach youself how to do snatches and cleans. You'll only wind up severely injured. If you're going to try to teach yourself oly lifts I suggest you put in only assisting lifts like clean high pulls and snatch high pulls. They're easier on the body and you don't risk injury.

You also don't have to join an Crossfit gym. You'd be better off joining an Oympic Weightlifting gym. They'll teach you proper technique for learning the classical lifts (snatch and clean & jerk) and you can do your crossfit workouts there.

Last edited:
sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Just don't try to teach youself how to do snatches and cleans. You'll only wind up severely injured. If you're going to try to teach yourself oly lifts I suggest you put in only assisting lifts like clean high pulls and snatch high pulls. They're easier on the body and you don't risk injury.

You also don't have to join an Crossfit gym. You'd be better off joining an Oympic Weightlifting gym. They'll teach you proper technique for learning the classical lifts (snatch and clean & jerk) and you can do your crossfit workouts there.

I agree with this. Oly lifting (as does crossfit) requires a lot of good wrist flexibility which is not something that standard BB training supports. You might find the focus on the foundation lifts more satisfying as well, relative to "how fast can you complete FRAN".

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
anytime I need motivation I just grab my computer and a bowl of popcorn.... oh wait, this is the female forum :)

Another good thing to remember with oly lifts is that you should look into training weights if you are just starting out. Snatching just the bar won't do you any good for form, you need something on there even if it's very light. As everyone has said, surround yourself with people who have like minded goals and lift how you want to lift. Form is 1000% more important with oly lifts than standard bodybuilding moves.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic