Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

you get out of it what you put into it!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
this morning before 7 am i had a client waiting outside my house in his truck. it irritates me greatly when they do this so i made him wait until i was ready and done with some random odds and ends of things before i walked out of the house to head to the clinic. the guy gets out and starts telling me how he is losing his cows to some sickness. now he had been in last week to get some antibiotic for a sick one and apparently that one had died. he said he wanted some better antibiotic. something that would make them better. could i give him something better.

i started to question him on what was going on and he tells me that he goes down there and they are down and cant or wont get up and then are dead within a few days. well how long are they sick before they go down? he tells me he doesnt know because he doesnt check them every day. he only goes down there every 2 or 3 days which probably means only once a week. i looked at him and said that there was no miracle medicine or antibiotic and if he wasnt willing to go put the effort into checking them every day so that he could treat them before they got down then it didnt matter, he might as well just let them die. he had a million excuses and i told him straight up, you get out of it what you put into it!

i was thinking during my workout that fitness, regardless of what one wants to achieve is the same. we get out of it what we put into it! people ask me all the time on bb.com how i do it, what is my secret, what is my program, what do i eat, etc etc etc. it is very frustrating dealing with these questions to be honest. because like all things in life, the more you time you invest in it the better it will be! there is no simple answer or plan or program or pill! it is called hard work forever!

i have been back in the gym consistently for 21 months now. consistently means other than a few deloads weeks which generally correlate with me being out of town, im in the gym atleast 3-4 days a week, every week, every month! i dont spend a bunch of time doing cardio stuff but i do some every single workout! my workouts are only 30-40 minutes long but i always do them.

my diet isnt great but i am always thinking of it and working on it. yes i have days or sometimes even weeks when i am off the wagon but i always get back on. it isnt easy but i do it!

so many people ask me how they can look like me and as soon as i start telling them they come up with all these excuses to why they cant do it or wont do it. truth of the matter is that they just dont want it bad enough because they are too lazy to do it. if i can get to where i am, then there is no reasont that anyone else cant! i have been a single mom of 2 young children and have my own business where i work an average of 10 hrs a day. so dont tell me you dont have time, you have time you just would rather sit on your butt and watch TV and bitch about being fat.

you get out of something what you put into it!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Agree 100%. I think people just assume this is easy and it is going to be given to them. There is so much learning and researching on top of the actual doing .One of my favorite statements is "Cheat you cheat me".Doesnt make a lot of sense but I heard an older bodybuilder say it while he was doing curls.It stayed with me.If someone wants it bad enough they can have it ,they just have to put in the work for it .

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
you mean i cant just take hydroxycut and no-xplode and look like that?!? I even got the weightlifting gloves...

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
You said it ATW, If I cheat I'm cheating me and thats the bottom line. The harder I work the harder I can work. And food is the foundation of everything we do, i'm with you I'm not 100% clean but I'm thinking of it every time I feed the machine and it makes a difference. There have been moments when I have been nearly flawless on my food for a couple of months and the results are abs and single digit bf, thats what I can do and I know it.

Thanks for this post even though I'm thinking about it all the time it's a good refresher to see it said!!!!

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
so many people ask me how they can look like me and as soon as i start telling them they come up with all these excuses to why they cant do it or wont do it. truth of the matter is that they just dont want it bad enough because they are too lazy to do it. if i can get to where i am, then there is no reasont that anyone else cant! i have been a single mom of 2 young children and have my own business where i work an average of 10 hrs a day. so dont tell me you dont have time, you have time you just would rather sit on your butt and watch TV and bitch about being fat.

SO well spoken !!!

They want that magic pill and put NO effort into it. I get that crap allot as well.
I am 40, 4 kids and people have EVERY excuse why they "cant do it". Bunch of BS.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Great post ATW...some people just don't grasp the concept of "what you put into it is what you get out of it". This mindset is due increasingly to all those magic pill and diet come-ons splashed all over TV and the web. If every client of yours is told this from the outset and educated on the importance of regular exercise then maybe more can be convinced they have to put in the work to get the desired outcome.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011

this is unfortunately i think a by-product of our instant gratification addiction. especially in America. we want what we want right now!!! cant be bothered to work towards the goal, it is expected to be given in 90 days or less.

also what MW noted is a problem. there are just too many "lose 30 pounds in 30 days" or "gain 10 pounds of rock hard muscle in 3 weeks" type of advertisements.

everyone of the guys that ask to train with me end up giving up within a month not because their bodies cant handle the work but because they arent into it mentally.

good post ATW!!! lol sorry for the rant going on there

L

Latin_Nuyorker

Oct 22, 2011
400lb gorilla, U HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK BUDDY...THAT IS IT. I remember when i finally went back to school and started my Engineering Education, I saw the exact same thing. Everybody thought I was crazy to see me in the library 7 dys a week after classes. I would leave 12am when the library was closed. Well those same people had to change major while I graduated 2nd in my class with a 3.8/4.0 cum. We all want the best but don't want to work for it.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
400lb gorilla, U HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK BUDDY...THAT IS IT. I remember when i finally went back to school and started my Engineering Education, I saw the exact same thing. Everybody thought I was crazy to see me in the library 7 dys a week after classes. I would leave 12am when the library was closed. Well those same people had to change major while I graduated 2nd in my class with a 3.8/4.0 cum. We all want the best but don't want to work for it.
Well said LNY

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Yeper, there is no magic pill, even on aas you will only get out what you put in. So if you dont put in your kinda just wasting things arent ya? Im not one to talk. I have had what I consider failed cycles, only due to my own laziness, and failure to reach par on my diet. Its easy once your there its just getting in the routine for me. But boy when you got the machine hitting on all cylinders........... Oh yeah! Feels good!

FitnessBender

FitnessBender

TID Lady Member
Nov 30, 2011
I like the mentality you have behind your workouts. I agree. Fitness isn't something you do. It's a lifestyle change. The more you put into it the better your lifestyle is, and the happier you are. :) I'm glad you found a system that works for you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic