Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Xmas Traditions

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Nope! It's a great holiday. And it's tradish.

And people were celebrating on that day long before Jesus came along.

I do agree CHRISTMAS is a great holyday to celebrate and you and you non-religious relatives are more than welcome to join us and participate!

What were they celebrating over 2000 years ago on December 25th?

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
A full christmas booking at all the inns.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Grandpa drunk and glueing Cotton balls to his eye browns and dressing up as Santa and giving us gifts

Last edited:
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I do agree CHRISTMAS is a great holyday to celebrate and you and you non-religious relatives are more than welcome to join us and participate!

What were they celebrating over 2000 years ago on December 25th?

Well, there was a pagan festival at that time as well as a roman festival called Saturnalia that was close to that time. And there are many Gods who were supposedly born of virgins on December 25 including Horus, Krishna, Dionysus.

Also, I wanted to direct you to this article on wikipedia (i know, not the greatest source), but it talks about the origins of using Xmas rather than Christmas. It's not intended to be a slight against Christians/Christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas#Use_of_.22X.22_for_.22Christ.22

I'm not trying to make this a thread about arguing religion though, just some food for thought here.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
like the clam cowda not from east coast but that is interesting. We do eggs Benedict in the morning on xmas. Look forward to it every year.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic