Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Work Mans Comp

S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
Once you report the incident to your employer (which should be immediately), they complete paperwork and you should receive some paperwork from the industrial commission (depending on what state). Fill it out and return it, your company should do the same. You get paid (tax free) for as long as you are 100% out of work. I was out 6 months and the industrial commission sends your company paper checks on a weekly basis amount based depending on your salary. Your company should forward them to you on payday. My checks were significantly larger due to the no tax but i still think its close to only 70-80% of your regular salary.

Once your claim is completed, you will receive a lump sum check based on percent of disability reported by examining doctor and the value of what your body part injury is.

Get a lawyer. They are free until you win. I can only speak for my state which isn't NY.

I did fill it out as soon as i walked in the door. the "salary" how do they come up with that since i have been out of work for 6 months and just got back 3 weeks ago. I am also in a union so can i get disability on top of Comp

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
Have you not been in contact with your company's Human Resources? They should handle all of this for you. I got paid every week by workers comp while I was out, Then i got my lump sum once i was cleared by the doctor and my disability rating was given. NY might be a little different than my state. I suggest you speak with your union rep or Human Resources.

S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
Have you not been in contact with your company's Human Resources? They should handle all of this for you. I got paid every week by workers comp while I was out, Then i got my lump sum once i was cleared by the doctor and my disability rating was given. NY might be a little different than my state. I suggest you speak with your union rep or Human Resources.

shit is all fucked up its new owners. i just want my MRI and PT with some rest for 3 weeks. I need to get payed though.

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
You get paid based on your wage/salary at the time of accident. It's not based on what you've earned over x amount of time, as is the case with unemployment.

You will get paid eventually, but it's typically not a direct carryover from your last check. If you're off for 3 weeks, there's a solid chance you will be paid retroactively.

S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
You get paid based on your wage/salary at the time of accident. It's not based on what you've earned over x amount of time, as is the case with unemployment.

You will get paid eventually, but it's typically not a direct carryover from your last check. If you're off for 3 weeks, there's a solid chance you will be paid retroactively.

that makes me feel better thank you :)

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
You also have to be out for a certain number of days before the WC checks kick in. It's 7 days where I am. Like stated above, you'll start receiving after that and you'll get paid for those first 10 days too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic