Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Work Mans Comp

S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
Does anyone have any knowledge about it. I am going though a tough situation. Need some help ASAP

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Sorry to we your having a tough time Im no help however

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
I believe that the worman's comp guidlines may vary from state to state. You can always consult a workmans comp attorney. Some offer a free consult. I know...I hate attorneys too, but if it's that bad you may not have a choice.

S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
thanks everyone yea no one knows nothing about this shit

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Are you trying to file a claim or is a claim being filed against you? If you are filing a claim there are online resources by state and their is also information due to you from your HR department (depending on the size of the company)

S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
I am doing the clam. but the problem is i was out of work for 6 months do to another injury ( not job related) and just been back to work for 3 weeks. and slipped on black ice and fucked up my already fucked up knee. so i am scared they are going to think it is a set up

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
i went through wc in ny. what did you want to know?

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
I am doing the clam. but the problem is i was out of work for 6 months do to another injury ( not job related) and just been back to work for 3 weeks. and slipped on black ice and fucked up my already fucked up knee. so i am scared they are going to think it is a set up

you should be fine. I hope you reported the incident immediately. I've been out for a broken ankle and hand and I was taken care of very nicely.

S

supraspinatus

Feb 10, 2013
how do you get payed? i heard it goes by your yearly pay or 6 month pay. but i have been out of work for 6 months on disability

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
It's a re injury of an existing injury. The employer would be liable for time off but the permanent disability calculations would be the difference of the two.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
Once you report the incident to your employer (which should be immediately), they complete paperwork and you should receive some paperwork from the industrial commission (depending on what state). Fill it out and return it, your company should do the same. You get paid (tax free) for as long as you are 100% out of work. I was out 6 months and the industrial commission sends your company paper checks on a weekly basis amount based depending on your salary. Your company should forward them to you on payday. My checks were significantly larger due to the no tax but i still think its close to only 70-80% of your regular salary.

Once your claim is completed, you will receive a lump sum check based on percent of disability reported by examining doctor and the value of what your body part injury is.

Get a lawyer. They are free until you win. I can only speak for my state which isn't NY.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic