Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Why do people make looooong posts?!

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Really? if that one sentence was all the info you were provided with you would not ask questions? If you knew he was a basketball player would you not ask why he was playing baseball or for what cause?

Another more clear example in your case, would be if someone told you that LeBron James made a 3 pointer from left field after the 5th furlong. Without knowing anything about horseracing or baseball, you could tell that that statement is clearly inaccurate with your knowledge of baskteball. All I'm trying to get people to do is use the models they know to examine other models. People are just too gullible these days. Statements from people in a position of power (like N2G) are often taken as absolute truths by newbies. That should not, and cannot happen.... unless you believe in survival of the fittest, lol

Sure I would ask questions, I'd prolly even read a long ass post about that topic lol... Now As far as Labron goes Id prolly lol and respond with "berry Bonze hit a 3 pointer from 3rd base" lmao but I agree peole are way to gullible.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Seems like everyone wants the cliff notes on everything. Below average people use cliff notes, those that excel read the book. Fact.

Could you elaborate?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Why? You wouldn't want to read it. It would be too long for you.
Quite honestly you may be right. But then again I get things pretty quick, without having to read the same thing over and over. My complaint is with poor communication (i.e., written, in this case). I can read for as long as someone is able to effectively communicate. Taking 15 sentences to say what could be said in 2 or 3 is counterproductive.

Maybe you could draw me some stick figures? :p

Last edited:
Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Quite honestly you may be right. But then again I get things pretty quick, without having to read the same thing over and over. My complaint is with poor communication (i.e., written, in this case). I can read for as long as someone is able to effectively communicate. Taking 15 sentences to say what could be said in 2 or 3 is counterproductive.

Awwww, don't be such a Mets Fan...

Last edited by a moderator:
fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010

Maybe you could draw me some stick figures? :p

I hear what you're saying, and I agree. On the flip side of your complaint, for a lack of a better word at the moment, it is almost unavoidable because the only way we can interact is written word. At the expense of being misinterpreted, many people lengthen their posts, sometimes to an unnecessary degree, to make sure their point is being clearly stated. It's also a defense mechanism because some people looove arguing semantics. I say, bring on ye lengthy posts. Anyways..

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Like I said, if you'd read my post, some topics merit lots of info and I read those when they are relevant to my interests.

I graduated college with a 4.0 btw.
I read your post, My sister graduated with a 4.0 too, shes still fucking lazy.

I read posts from plenty of people all the time that are long as shit, info I have read a dozen times from other authors, but I scour through it looking for some perspective or piece of info I missed with another article or that the other authors did not introduce.
Thats where the real learning takes place, thats where the so called 'tricks' or 'secrets' lie...but you have to painstakingly read through a lot of rhetoric and as gixx pointed out we have some faux gurus who love to tear down some peoples shit over fucking semantics, syntax and technical gramatical mistakes, its no wonder people put another 500 words down saying "THIS IS MY PERSPECTIVE" "THATS MY OPINION" etc...
I'll keep on posting up my long ass posts.
Oh and I ony got a 3.8 in college.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I read your post, My sister graduated with a 4.0 too, shes still fucking lazy.

I read posts from plenty of people all the time that are long as shit, info I have read a dozen times from other authors, but I scour through it looking for some perspective or piece of info I missed with another article or that the other authors did not introduce.
Thats where the real learning takes place, thats where the so called 'tricks' or 'secrets' lie...but you have to painstakingly read through a lot of rhetoric and as gixx pointed out we have some faux gurus who love to tear down some peoples shit over fucking semantics, syntax and technical gramatical mistakes, its no wonder people put another 500 words down saying "THIS IS MY PERSPECTIVE" "THATS MY OPINION" etc...
I'll keep on posting up my long ass posts.
Oh and I ony got a 3.8 in college.

You read my post but you clearly didn't get my point. No need to be so defensive just because I have my own opinion. I've gotten tons of good info out of your training related posts.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I hear what you're saying, and I agree. On the flip side of your complaint, for a lack of a better word at the moment, it is almost unavoidable because the only way we can interact is written word. At the expense of being misinterpreted, many people lengthen their posts, sometimes to an unnecessary degree, to make sure their point is being clearly stated. It's also a defense mechanism because some people looove arguing semantics. I say, bring on ye lengthy posts. Anyways..

That's an honest perspective that I can see. I don't mind long posts if the subject matter merits it. My only point is that every subject doesn't merit it.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Thread Title: "How to Make it in Life"
For that thread, it's gonna take a lot of words...especially because everyone's situation is so different

Thread Title: "Nickelback Songs That are Amazing"
I don't need any words

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Why u hating on Nickelback?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic