Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Who Would You Rather Look Like?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Who would you rather look like? The mass monsters of today (e.g., Cutler, Coleman, et al) or the guys from the golden era (e.g., Arnold, Franco, Serge, et al).

Me: golden era physique

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Old school guys myself, Arnolds era for sure.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i noticed HisAngriness wasnt one of the choices. that woulda been my answer.
seriously though...definitely Arnold. i always wanted his physique since i was a kid and still to this day i would prefer his over a monster like Coleman or Cutler. dont get me wrong, i have the utmost respect for those guys and the hard work, dedication and sacrifice that they put forth to get to that point but i personally am not planning on stepping on stage or competing...

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Flex wheeler, Dorian yates then arnold

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I must say im more impressed with phil now then golden days. if it werent for phil i would say arnold all day but phil took the beauty and symetry of old times and matched it with freakish size today.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
New age mass monster... Jay Cutler!! Its that extreme that I love.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I must say im more impressed with phil now then golden days. if it werent for phil i would say arnold all day but phil took the beauty and symetry of old times and matched it with freakish size today.
Yes... Phil is close on the look and symmetry. Still a little too roundish compared to those guys.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
I think it really depends on your bodytype. I have a Mentzeresque build. So I need to be a bit more of a mass monster. I've got slightly wider hips so the more mass I pack on my shoulders, lats, and legs the better. If I would look like one of today's mass monsters it would be Yates or Cutler when he's leaner and shredded. If I would pick an ideal for my frame from a little further back it would be either Mentzer or Padilla. In fact, the latter two are who I strive to look like, because I don't want to put the chems in my body it would take to try and look like Cuts or Yates.

T

TheLawnJanitor

Phil would be my choice, but based on my genetics for shape and lack of symetery and overall blockiness I would say I have Dorian-esque capabilities.
I respect the guys from the olden days and the Frank Zane physiques but that has passed, the nostalgia of that shape is great but its a more is better time in bodybuilding, Phil is the messiah IMO, both shape and size. He has the shape of FLEX but with more freaky size, and he still has room to grow.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I like Bill Pearl. He isn't as well known but none the less a champion with a decent physique. Not that i want to look like him but know him personally and admire his wisdom.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic