Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Which milk for weight loss?

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
For weight loss, hands down unsweetened almond milk.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Coconut or Almond but I prefer coconut milk - the fat contains approx. 60% M.C.F.A.s which are more easily burned for energy.

Try half of either the above and half your regular milk to get used to the flavor switch.

While skim milk does save calories, scientists at the U. of TX found that drinking whole milk after lifting weights boosted muscle protein synthesis 2.8 times more than skim which lacks the heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids (which makes skim milk a highly processed, additive-laden, vitamin-laced beverage that – oh, yeah – has protein). Take out the fat from milk & all you really have left is sugar.

That being said, Flavor Splurge because I've been a good girl - Horizon's 2% or put me on the Chocolate team, mmm.

Last edited:
Little Augustyn

Little Augustyn

TID Lady Member
Apr 24, 2013
I would love to have almond milk always. My body loves it, but that shit is so damn expensive here

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Yes unsweetened almond milk or flax milk would be best

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
unsweetened almold milk is literally not worth drinking. just soak some cardboard in water overnight and call it "milk"

i drink organic whole milk exclusively.

diet food is bullshit.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I can't drink regular milk, so I've been getting rice milk for a couple years.

Its pretty good, and taste really close to real milk.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
I made the switch to Almond milk. I get the unsweetened. My stomach appreciated it too. Way less stink bombs. ;) great source of protein too.

Skim/fat free milk. Actually grown to enjoy it. Went from 2%, to 1%, to skim. Do it in stages.

My wife is lactose intolerant and use to drink soy milk, now drinks almond milk! My ex grew up on skim milk , i dont know how i cant stand it. unsweetened. Very little sugar and fats in almond milk But u have to make sure you but the right kind as some has hardly any protien in it. I know this from messing up and buying the wrong stuff for my wife from time to time.

this is the best approach. There are much better sources of protein and unless you're drinking organic/non-mass produced it's full of crap you don't want. I still drink milk but only because I enjoy it.

I drink whole milk, i dont care how much fat is in it. I LOVE MILK and i like to be able to taste it! only reason i keep 2% in the house is for when my nephews and neices come over!

never thought of organic whole milk....i don't really do organic. but may be going back to the drawing board for a lot of things if im going to be competing sometime soon. Need to change a lot of things. Diet beingthe main things! supps as well!

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
We get the organic, lactose free milk, generally whole or 2%.

My husband is a hard gainer, I think it's gross and eat yogurt instead though as sassy said there are much better sources if you're looking for weightloss , and my daughter uses very little milk, and I prefer her to have natural fat vs added sugar

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
good mom
def a new generation
never had this organic crp when i was growing up

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
good mom
def a new generation
never had this organic crp when i was growing up

We didn't have to pay extra for the companies to not add all the shit in it back then ...

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
never thought of organic whole milk....i don't really do organic. but may be going back to the drawing board for a lot of things if im going to be competing sometime soon. Need to change a lot of things. Diet beingthe main things! supps as well!

I'm not a fanatic about organic, but with meat, or animal "products" just looking at how the nutritional values can change based on the animals diet has me buying "organic" these days just so I can get a cow that doesn't get fed corn, etc...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic